Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times

Advertisements

We first have to understand the reason for the wage gap when using the 72% figure or whatever it is. This is because women choose on their own to leave the work place to care for their families. They lose experience and seniority resulting in lower salary. With a flexible schedule women who might otherwise choose to care for their family would be able to continue with their careers. Of course this doesn't preclude a man from taking on that role but that's something that needs to be decided by the two people having the kids.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,759,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why would I go against my best interest? Why would I support the same people that is willing to sterotype my as a "thug" or my wife as a "welfare queen"? The republican party has become a bunch of crazy white religious nut jobs with a few confused poor minorities and poor folks in the mix.
Talk about hypocrisy, blacks are the first to complain about being stereo typed, but you turn and do the same.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Silly Romney, doesnt he know by now that children are the ones that should be cooking..

Or do left wing kooks think government will do that for them as well?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Talk about hypocrisy, blacks are the first to complain about being stereo typed, but you turn and do the same.
Why? Because I don't want to be a part of a group of people that marginalizes my ethnicity? Who should I believe you are my lying ears and eyes? I have seen and heard the remarks made by bachmann, perry, santorum, newt, mitt and other prominent republicans so tell me why in the hell should I support any of them? This is why I'm an independent voter. I would be a fool to endorse any of them

Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There is no justification for discriminating against gender, race, religion, ethnicity or age. I have lived a lifetime watching it play out (I'm sure I have quite a few years on you. I watched the battles women fought for equality (and there still is a way to go), the battle for civil rights (an ongoing battle), the battle for laws to protect people from wrongful termination or discrimination in hiring. I can go back to when I was terminated on the spot when I told my boss I was pregnant and there was no law to fight that termination. We (women) have come a long way, but not all the way.

I worked as an HR manager for a company that was a "man's world", in the thoroughbred industry. They found a way to terminate me because I wouldn't put up with the sexual harassment that some of the girls experienced from one particular individual. Their justification for his behavior: he had a racetrack mentality. I told them that if someone brought a case against them I wasn't going to represent the company and use that as an excuse to justify his behavior. They did me a favor firing me - and gave me a nice termination package. Little did they know I was job hunting. That was a place I did not want to be. I was never one to comprise my beliefs - especially at the expense of others.

There must be something wrong with my wiring because when I was a teen my mother told me that I fought for the underdog. I hate to see the gender threads, the racist threads by both sides. There is also the age discrimination that exists in the work place. Out with the old, in with the new. Not getting a job because someone is "too old" (the 25 year old over the 45 yearold) or getting the job and being paid less because of their age, not their experience.

What I said earlier applies across the board and is only my opinion based on experience, but inequality in many areas will not go away.

It's unfortunate that people "in positions of power" (?) make decisions based on their own personal "beliefs" - how religion, gender, age and race factor in. I think it's unfortunate that people think there are entitlements because of their gender and race - both sides of the aisle, as well as religion and ethnicity.

I agree, this is why I feel that everything being equal so should the pay.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,512,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So if a black person is paid less for doing the same job as a white person----that's OK with you . ? It's up to the black person to go hunt for a new job?
Black unemployment is almost twice as high as it is for whites.

This kinda proves blacks don't get paid less or it would be the other way around.

Same can be said about women and men. If women got paid less a man would have a hard time getting a job.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times
It is so hard to be optimistic about this country when you realize that people can vote who cannot understand a statement made in context to a particular subject.
"She wanted to go home early to be with her kids, so we arranged that with flex-time" becomes "I sent her back to the kitchen where she belongs"
Un-freakin-believable.
Maybe, with luck, these same people won't be able to accurately read what's on the ballot either and won't choose Obama

Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Black unemployment is almost twice as high as it is for whites.

This kinda proves blacks don't get paid less or it would be the other way around.

Same can be said about women and men. If women got paid less a man would have a hard time getting a job.

Black unemployment is so high because they are the "last hired and the first fired". I cannot say that all blacks and women are paid less than white males but I have seen a great deal of discrepencies

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So if a black person is paid less for doing the same job as a white person----that's OK with you . ? It's up to the black person to go hunt for a new job?
Lefties always showing that they are more concerned about an individuals color of skin, rather than their accomplishments and qualifications..

The person you responded to didnt say crap about black people...

8,145 posts, read 6,540,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
WTF??

Romney, say goodbye to the female vote
Yes he did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections