Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yes he did
Why because you think women are to dumb to even cook?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It is so hard to be optimistic about this country when you realize that people can vote who cannot understand a statement made in context to a particular subject.
"She wanted to go home early to be with her kids, so we arranged that with flex-time" becomes "I sent her back to the kitchen where she belongs"
Un-freakin-believable.
Maybe, with luck, these same people won't be able to accurately read what's on the ballot either and won't choose Obama

You really cannot blame them, because mitt has a history of putting his foot in his mouth and someone is quick to come up behind him and try to clean it up. In this particuliar case I will give him the benefit of a doubt.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,856,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yes, but if there is not an equal baseline from which everyone starts from there will always be inequality. Basically how can you justify a woman and a man with equal qualifications and experience who are hired at the same time for the same position not be paid equally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Many (smart) companies have flex hours, job sharing and child care centers. Great idea and employees can work with each other on their schedules. It really is a win-win for both and job sharing saves the company money on different benefits that full-time employees are given.

Bottom line, as long as the job gets done that's what an employer wants. More companies should go that route.
Similar qualifications should result in similar hiring salaries. If everything is truly equal then they should be identical.

Once hired, (smart) companies pay and promote based on how employees PERFORM their jobs, not their "qualifications" which is how they GOT their jobs. Ideally this is via some 'objective' criteria. Over careers, pay differences may evolve between those with similar education and experience based on contribution and value to the business. If fairly administered, this is as it should be, no? (of course everyone know of situations where it isn't, I am talking about policy and typical practice).

Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,220,638 times
There are more women in the workforce than men now. There are more women with college degrees than men as well. Tables are turning.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,963,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is because Democratic women tend to not cook, and feed their children McDonald's every night - contributing to the massive "obesity" problem that Michelle Obama calls a "national security issue".

Not my mother though - she cooked a great(and healthy) meal almost every night(except for a few times when she ordered pizza) and she was and still is a Democrat.

So much for the liberals claim that I was "brainwashed" to be a Republican.

I love my mother - and I hope that you do too.
I don't know your mother.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
There are more women in the workforce than men now. There are more women with college degrees than men as well. Tables are turning.
When all things are equal a woman's salary is very close to men, the issue with the 72% figure often cited by the media and used in the debate question is that is based on everyone without consideration for experience, career choice etc.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When all things are equal a woman's salary is very close to men, the issue with the 72% figure often cited by the media and used in the debate question is that is based on everyone without consideration for experience, career choice etc.
"Close" isn't good enough, sorry. Do you not feel women should earn what men do in the same position? I demand equal pay as well as a shot to further my career- based on merit, obviously. How is 'close ' even slightly acceptable to some people?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
WTF??

Romney, say goodbye to the female vote
We'll considering almost half the kids in the U.S live in single parent homes, with "mom" as the sole provider, what he said is true. I would think a single mom needs to get home from work to cook and care for her children......I certainly hope she does not let her children starve!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,372,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is because Democratic women tend to not cook, and feed their children McDonald's every night - contributing to the massive "obesity" problem that Michelle Obama calls a "national security issue".

Not my mother though - she cooked a great(and healthy) meal almost every night(except for a few times when she ordered pizza) and she was and still is a Democrat.

So much for the liberals claim that I was "brainwashed" to be a Republican.

I love my mother - and I hope that you do too.
I love my mother. Granted she is not the best cook, but she got to be a cfo before retirement. Anyone can cook. No offense

Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
what he said was that his chief of staff told he she couldnt stay until 7 or 8 at night, that she needed to be home with her kids to cook for them, etc. and he said that was fine, that she could set up a flexible schedule so she could do her job, and still be there for her family. and yes, more employers are going to more flexible schedules just for this reason. and not just to accommodate women either, but men also. whats wrong with that?
Because Romney NEVER mentioned MEN in that little condescending slam at women who work.

He's an ignorant, sexist pig who thinks only women should cook and care for children.

He nastily pointed out that women have to be treated differently....and they don't.

Just one more lie among so many....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections