Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times

Advertisements

I have every reason to fear for my job if Mittens is elected. Republican policies are destructive to middle class working folks like myself. The country experienced 8 years of misery under George W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
only because he inherited such a mess. I dont think the next 4 will be any better, but I hope Im wrong. If he inherited a marginal or vibrant nation another four years wouldn't be warranted. Ugghhh. it pains me to say this.

good greif!
he has made the whole damned thing worse!
what do you think he has done to get re-elected?
he is a total hack and nothing more, but I know there are still minions runing around
that has not paid attention
that God, there seems to be more and more waking up to the fact
that we can not take another 4 years from the quack!
Romney is holding his own and people are seeing that all the bull that Obama
tried to paint is just that
next to Romeny, Obama shows how little he knows and what a sorry job
he has done
the next debate will nail it

Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama has been in the office for four years, so with him you know what you are getting, but with Romney no on knows, and no one can believe a word he says, and that is why he is the scarier of the two. He wants to hand out 8.5 trillion dollars in cuts, while refusing to say how he would balance it, and he says he wants to ramp up military intervention.

that has been proven untrue, but Obama keeps saying it
Obama has done nothing but lie and folks are seeing that
at least folks with brains and not just swallowing every talking point the dems throw out

Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
That attack is all they have against Obama's foreign policy, so it is the last straw for the Republicans, but it is very weak, because it proves they know nothing about chain-of-command, or that such attack proves nothing about foreign policy as whole.

they lied about this attack and last night Obama tried to lie again
it was NOT a stupid flim
the attack was planned and carried out!
I can not wait for the next debate on foregin policy!
Obama does not have one and we have 4 dead americans!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I have every reason to fear for my job if Mittens is elected. Republican policies are destructive to middle class working folks like myself. The country experienced 8 years of misery under George W.
If Romney makes it, I would say, jobs will be fine for at least 2-3 years. It is after that bubble that we all need to worry about, and not just jobs but the ability of this nation to handle a redo of 2008-2009 economic disaster.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Gas is $4.25 a gallon.
23 Million Americans are un or under-employed
53% of recent college grads are unable to find a job
Food Stamp recipients are up by 15 Million people
one in 6 Americans lives in poverty
The housing market hasn't even begun to turn around, still tanking
The full force of Obamacare has yet to decimate our health care system

Do I really need to go on? I have never been so depressed in my entire life ...... even under Carter when we had to sell our HS rings for the gold in order to make our mortgage payment ............ Obama SUCKS! My cat would do a better job. Obama is the anti-golden goose. Everything he touches turns to goose ****. I hate goose ****.
Well, let me congratulate you, on your "mission accomplished". It is exactly what you wanted, right? Now, let me break your heart a bit.

-Gas prices are high, globally. As far as I know, President Obama can't be blamed for prices in India. Now, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia may be more your style.
-Unemployed and under-employed is nothing new. The number is shocking because of the disaster of a decade we have had. Exactly what were you celebrating about, when it comes to economy since 2000? Anything? I would LOVE to hear more on that.
- See above.
- Its up for two major reasons. One, above (a massive economic disaster that spanned two years, and a loss of 8.8 private sector jobs in the process... that people like you are utterly ignorant about). And two, an expansion of food stamp program that took place in 2002, courtesy of some republicans and signed off by Bush. It was also extended again in 2007. What did you expect? But then, you may have been uneducated about this as well.
- Not surprising, when we see household incomes decline and remain at a low level since 2000, followed by a financial disaster that was guaranteed for years before it. Poverty issue doesn't happen just like that. I knew that even as a young teenager.
- Housing market is fine. I'm sure you're disappointed that we're not riding another massive bubble to burst again? Of course, these are the kind of reasons you would rather vote for "Pastor Romney" (I hear he would rather forget being a great Governor of MA).

Old 10-17-2012, 04:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Gas is $4.25 a gallon.
23 Million Americans are un or under-employed
53% of recent college grads are unable to find a job
Food Stamp recipients are up by 15 Million people
one in 6 Americans lives in poverty
The housing market hasn't even begun to turn around, still tanking
The full force of Obamacare has yet to decimate our health care system

Do I really need to go on? I have never been so depressed in my entire life ...... even under Carter when we had to sell our HS rings for the gold in order to make our mortgage payment ............ Obama SUCKS! My cat would do a better job. Obama is the anti-golden goose. Everything he touches turns to goose ****. I hate goose ****.
In august 2008 gas was more expensive than now, the country was losing 800 000 jobs a month, the stock market was in a free fall and housing market was in ruins and the government was bailing out companies left and right, and nationalizing others but somehow you are more depressed today than you were then. Go figure. I am not voting for Obama, but your comments are absurd. Maybe you liked 2008 so much that you want romney to take us right back to that situation.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
they lied about this attack and last night Obama tried to lie again
it was NOT a stupid flim
the attack was planned and carried out!
I can not wait for the next debate on foregin policy!
Obama does not have one and we have 4 dead americans!
Well, interestingly enough, Obama called it a terror act the very next day, and he said it again later that day, and the day after that. Either way to use that incident to attack the entire foreign policy is weaker than weak. If that's all they got then they got nothing.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,034,558 times
Quote:
Ahhh, yup.
Some folks seem to be suffering from a very strange sort of amnesia.....you know, where they cant remember anything before Obama was sworn in.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,169,739 times
Quote:
In august 2008 gas was more expensive than now, the country was losing 800 000 jobs a month, the stock market was in a free fall and housing market was in ruins and the government was bailing out companies left and right, and nationalizing others but somehow you are more depressed today than you were then. Go figure. I am not voting for Obama, but your comments are absurd. Maybe you liked 2008 so much that you want romney to take us right back to that situation.
August 2008? Now why would you pick that date? Let's look at October 16, 2008: $3.08 per gallon
Oil slides further after inventory report - Oct. 16, 2008

This claim of losing "800,000 jobs a month" strikes me as particularly odd when you add up the monthly NEW unemployment filings which have consistently hovered around 350,000 PER WEEK, which by my basic math equals 1,400,000 people a MONTH losing their jobs. I suppose Democrats think Republicans can't add, but if you can disprove that 350,000 A WEEK job loss number, be my guest.

I don't care about the stock market, I don't play the stocks just like I don't play the ponies.

Romney is not GW Bush. People need to get over their Bush derangement syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections