Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,869,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Just to name another one
overdraft theft
predatory lending
End of Iraq war
Winding down of Afghanistan
Doubling of the stock market / retirement savings
Immediate reversal of job loss trend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,374,120 times
Quote:
Just to name another one
overdraft theft
predatory lending
ROFL-

Overdraft theft? Well that has certainly rescued the country from the brink. So you think it's fair for someone to write a rubber check for money they don't have and a bank is just supposed to honor that with no penalty? Typical liberal.

Predatory lending? I was in the mortgage industry for 10 years. There's no such thing as predatory lending. Have you ever heard that you can't fix stupid? People who sign loans that become adjustable or buy houses they can't afford love to turn around and blame others. It's like there was a gun to their head at the closing. Very pathetic. Very liberal. Predatory lending regs were also out there long before Barry was even a thought.

If that's all you have it's pretty sad.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I'm glad she is OK. Has she been treated for that illness by the.......hey wait Rick,aren't you in MA?
Nice try. That was before Romney was in office. It was also through insurance that we PAID for on our own. Feel free to try again.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,881,503 times
You'd have to ignore all the things he's done for women, minorities, gays, latinos, children and the elderly.
I could list them, but those who want to know, already know, and those who don't, will say it's not good enough.

Just like every other thread like this.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nice try. That was before Romney was in office. It was also through insurance that we PAID for on our own. Feel free to try again.
again yes or no...did they cover her preexisting condition?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How long ago? Were they employer based policies? Were you in Massachusetts at the time?

Because I was denied all but a high deductible, high cost (more than my rent every month) policy when I was uninsured after graduating from college. And I did not have the cancer history then - just a few other relatively minor and (in some cases) 10 year old pre-existing conditions.

My friends who have had cancer within the past 5 years would not have insurance at all if they were not married to people who had insurance through work or did not live in Massachusetts.
I've lived in Mass all my life. This was 1997. We had BCBS at that time and we have Harvard Pilgrim now. I don't know anyone at all who benefits from the Mass healthcare law. I know several people who are self employed and have no insurance because they don't qualify for the free ride and choose to take the tax penalty because it's cheaper than the premiums. The healthcare law has done nothing but hurt me in the form of higher premiums. Several years ago when I was self employed in the mortgage industry I was paying 750.00 per month for a family plan on my own. Now we have it through my wife's employer who covers about 50% and we pay 650.00 per month. Obamacare is a train wreck.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,490,351 times
Quote:
I've lived in Mass all my life. This was 1997. We had BCBS at that time and we have Harvard Pilgrim now. I don't know anyone at all who benefits from the Mass healthcare law. I know several people who are self employed and have no insurance because they don't qualify for the free ride and choose to take the tax penalty because it's cheaper than the premiums. The healthcare law has done nothing but hurt me in the form of higher premiums. Several years ago when I was self employed in the mortgage industry I was paying 750.00 per month for a family plan on my own. Now we have it through my wife's employer who covers about 50% and we pay 650.00 per month. Obamacare is a train wreck.
Soooo that means you will be voting for a third party candidate then?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
End of Iraq war
Winding down of Afghanistan
Immediate reversal of job loss trend
End of Iraq war: Iraq ended on Bush's timetable. Obama tried to negotiate with the Iraqi government to keep our troops there but failed so we withdrew.

Winding down of Afghanistan: Casualties in Afghanistan doubled from 2008 to 2009 and escalated from there. If anything Obama wound up Afghanistan.

Immediate reversal of job loss trend: What exactly has Obama done to accomplish these things? If you say Porkulus I will enjoy further laughter at your expense.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,153,775 times
Quote:
Seriously?

I wouldn't pi$$ on you if you were on fire.
Nice to see you are so cheerful this morning.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,924,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
at this point?
Instead, he took office in the middle of this country losing MILLIONS of private sector job. Last time I counted, that was a net loss of a whopping 8.8 million jobs out of the private sector that began in Jan 2008. In fact, to put that in perspective, when he took office, the size of private sector payroll was lower than it was in Jan 2001. (during those eight years, only government job shows up as positive). When was the last time that had happened? And it was millions under by the time his policies started to take effect.

So, tell me, how exactly was the economy in marginally good state in Jan 2009?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections