Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,883,664 times

Advertisements

at this point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,539,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
at this point?
Yes. If he came into a decent situation and then it took a nose dive,then he would not get my vote

Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,355,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yes. If he came into a decent situation and then it took a nose dive,then he would not get my vote
Thanks for that post. I enjoy comedy. I'll ask the same question I just did in the OP's other thread:

What has Obama done since taking office that warrants him deserving a second term?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,469,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Thanks for that post. I enjoy comedy. I'll ask the same question I just did in the OP's other thread:

What has Obama done since taking office that warrants him deserving a second term?
Obamacare. A vote for Mitt is a vote against cancer survivors and the 20% of the population that flat out can't get health insurance on the open market.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,355,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Obamacare. A vote for Mitt is a vote against cancer survivors and the 20% of the population that flat out can't get health insurance on the open market.
My wife is a cancer survivor. We've switched insurance policies and gone to different companies several times since she went through that ordeal. Swing and a miss. What else have you got?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:

Just to name another one
overdraft theft
predatory lending

Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
My wife is a cancer survivor. We've switched insurance policies and gone to different companies several times since she went through that ordeal. Swing and a miss. What else have you got?
I'm glad she is OK. Has she been treated for that illness by the.......hey wait Rick,aren't you in MA?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
at this point?
It would depend of the outcome. Without the recession the outcome today would be different: we would not have a housing crises, unemployment or other economic issues, and there would not have been need for stimulus spending.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This. If for no other reason than this, he gets my support. He was able to get the ball moving on this impossible dream of health insurance reform. And I believe he'll do the same with immigration reform in his next term. No one solution will ever please everyone, that's the fact. But we can aspire to solutions that make sense, hurt the fewest, and can be a strong foundation for the future.

I've also been impressed with his wisdom, the way he isn't afraid of nuance and growth, and how he learns from experience. I've never been impressed by politicians who stake out a position and refuse to budge even in the face of new information. (That's a far cry from Romney's tendency to say whatever is expedient at the moment, though.)

Obama is a thinker and I want that in a President. There are plenty of people around him who are trigger-happy extremists with specific agendas. We need a president who can navigate rough waters, domestically and internationally, and find a smart and reasonable way through.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,469,855 times
Quote:
How long ago? Were they employer based policies? Were you in Massachusetts at the time?

Because I was denied all but a high deductible, high cost (more than my rent every month) policy when I was uninsured after graduating from college. And I did not have the cancer history then - just a few other relatively minor and (in some cases) 10 year old pre-existing conditions.

My friends who have had cancer within the past 5 years would not have insurance at all if they were not married to people who had insurance through work or did not live in Massachusetts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections