Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,373,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Nice to see you are so cheerful this morning.
Seeing you posting in a thread will have that affect on people.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
End of Iraq war
Winding down of Afghanistan
Doubling of the stock market / retirement savings
Immediate reversal of job loss trend
Winding down of Afghanistan - He has announced a pre-determined date no matter what position we are in. What is he going to do when his expectations aren't met?

Hmm, if he ENDED the war in Iraq, why are our servicemen Still dying there? why is he sending MORE servicemen back in?

It has been a year since the war in Iraq was declared over, but since that time 56 US soldiers have died.

What happened to the 5.6% unemployment he promised? We just barely got below 8%, (by NOT counting the thousands who have stopped looking for a job and part time workers), the real number is around 16%.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Fixed it
Back it up!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Now, disclose name of one that you've used, that was in business in 2008.
I've posted two of them already. Reading is fundamental.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,489,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why would I do that? We need to get rid of Obama. The reality is that a vote for a third party candidate accomplishes nothing other than making people feel warm and fuzzy.
Considering that Romney supports about 75% of what you don't want...otherwise it is just hypocrisy.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
So you think it's fair for a bank to charge $34 even if you are $1 overdrawn ?
So you think it's fair to just overdraw your account and have it be no harm no foul? Where do you draw the line? Can I just float checks as I please with no consequence? In short, I do think it's fair because people need to be held accountable.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
End of Iraq war: Iraq ended on Bush's timetable. Obama tried to negotiate with the Iraqi government to keep our troops there but failed so we withdrew.

Winding down of Afghanistan: Casualties in Afghanistan doubled from 2008 to 2009 and escalated from there. If anything Obama wound up Afghanistan.

Immediate reversal of job loss trend: What exactly has Obama done to accomplish these things? If you say Porkulus I will enjoy further laughter at your expense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It ended on Obama's watch. He could have told Iraq that US is staying, whether they like it or not, but he ended it.

Yes, troop reductions are under way.

Right. It is a matter of fact, not a matter of opinon.

Right. The statistics prove the trend was reversed only months after he took office.
Right- and Obama won a Nobel Prize....on his watch.

Quote:
Immediate reversal of job loss trend: What exactly has Obama done to accomplish these things?

So what did Obama do that accomplished those things??????

Obama supporters: So many questions.....yet so few answers

Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Huh? That doesn't make sense.

Had the economy not been utterly destructed by Bush and Cheney's reign of terror, Obama would have had very different things to do as president. The economy wouldn't have been the major focus and evreything would have been different.

It's a stupid question because it's completely irrelevant.
What exactly did Bush do that destroyed the economy? Which Bush polices are you speaking of, when were they enacted, and who controlled Congress at those times?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
Quote:
I've posted two of them already. Reading is fundamental.
Which post? I'd hate to have to go through them. I don't think it would take much to re-quote one? And it will be great if you can describe the kind of plan you had with that corporation.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What happened to the 5.6% unemployment he promised?
Which was, when? (Quote Obama directly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections