Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That poll was conducted on Oct 3 after the first debate. CNN shows Obama winning the second debate 46% to Romney 39%
But the question is, does winning the debate equate to people ignoring 4 years of failed policies? I doubt it.. Obama stopped the Romney momentum with the debate, but I think it did little to sway voters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,493,599 times
Quote:
That poll was conducted on Oct 3 after the first debate. CNN shows Obama winning the second debate 46% to Romney 39%
CNN also shows Obsma losing on the economy 60-35. You can't lose if you're winning on the main issues. Obama shored up his sagging base he changed few minds to his side if anything maybe the opposite.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,493,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But the question is, does winning the debate equate to people ignoring 4 years of failed policies? I doubt it.. Obama stopped the Romney momentum with the debate, but I think it did little to sway voters
I agree don't think he stopped Romneys mojo though. He just stopped his slide.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,278,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
three reasons.

1. Because Mitt was essentially the same guy as in the first debate. He did the job he needed to do to look presidential and he did nothing to loose.

2. Because Mitt delivered a blistering mid debate outline of the Obama record. no matter how you cut it, that alone scored serious points.

3. Mr Obama pretty much lied his butt of realated to both the oil permits and the Lybia thing.

Now on points did one or the other get an edge? I think most would say Obama came of with a slight edge. However He didnt bring Romney down. and Romney didnt bring Romney down.

For debates to matter one guy has to come accross as a bonifide loser. Obama did that in the first debate. Neither did that in the second debate.
I'm not a huge Obama fan and I did vote for Romney when he was elected gov here in MA. Romney made some good points last night, but he dropped the ball on a few topics and I don't think there is much that can be done about it since it's fundamental to who he is and what he's about.

But, he did do something to LOSE last night; a number of things. Not that it matters since MA votes one way, but his comments about women (from getting supper on the table to his binders), LIBYA (which was just stupid beginning to end), and his closed lip response about potential tax deductions, credits, and exemptions, many were obviously left unsettled. None of it made him look presidential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Especially when it's not true. Obama held his own last night; he didn't win.

This CNN poll Polling Center: CNN Poll: Who won the debate? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com shows 67% thought Romney won and 25% thought Obama won. And of those polled, 37% were Democratic and 33% were Republican. So what does that tell you?
Why are you quoting figures from the first debate? I'm not following.

"The poll was conducted after the October 3rd presidential debate."

Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM

32,327 posts, read 15,277,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I wanted to point out that this particular poll was for the first debate and not the second like the poster thought. But winning or losing a debate is in the eye of the beholder

Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
I wanted to point out that this particular poll was for the first debate and not the second like the poster thought. But winning or losing a debate is in the eye of the beholder
Agreed.. Obamas problem was that the first debate, he didnt show up for so many people who were leaning Obama, decided to switch..

Since Obama showed up for the second, he convinced those that were already convinced, that he's right for a second term. Same with Romney..

Second debate simply substantiates what people already believed, and no matter how good of a debater Obama is, I know many who wont even consider voting for him, and vice versa.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 AM

993 posts, read 836,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They know they lost. They know they lost badly. For Republicans to call it a draw means they were totally whipped and humiliated by Romney's failure to deliver.
Why do democrats feel the need to twist and distort everything? I guess it's because Obama has no plan, no record of success, and no patriotic vision for America.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM

32,231 posts, read 34,993,013 times
They can't even come to grips with the fact that he was a FAILURE in Massachusetts. 30 PERCENT APPROVAL RATING WHEN HE LEFT OFFICE!!! Losing to Obama by 30 points. Not even campaigning in Mass!

The people who know Mitt best have rejected him. America should follow suit.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM

993 posts, read 836,087 times
Quote:
With a margin of error of plus or minus 4-5%. So it could be a 2% difference, which is pretty much a tie.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,252,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Why do democrats feel the need to twist and distort everything? I guess it's because Obama has no plan, no record of success, and no patriotic vision for America.
It's practice for trashing the Constitution. The more the distortion becomes accepted the easier it is to pass off their lack of regard for our Constitution and laws.

A liberal life style and attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections