Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 AM

487 posts, read 383,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
It's in their partisan nature, they just listen and are parrots for Limbaugh and Hannity and can't bring themselves to it. I admit that Obama lost the 1st debate, but it wasn't the arse kicking that the Pugs are making it out to be. Likewise, Biden almost whipped the hell out of Ryan and Obama, even if, IMO, he didn't whup butt on Romney last night, he won, if anyone did and the fact that Cons would say that Romney for sure won are just showing their sheep side.
How did he win? On what? While the CNN poll gives Obama a slight edge, it showed that Romney won on the more important issues...

Economy: Romney wins 58-40%

Health care: Romney wins 49-46%.

Taxes: Romney wins 51-44%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,474,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
The polls after the 1st debate changed dramatically in Romeny's favor so there was ample proof Romeny won. This time, it's a bit unclear but let's see after the polls. I predict there will be no change or slight bump for Mitt.
And actually we can't even be sure that much of Mitt's "bump" after the first debate, wasn't simply because a lot of Republican-leaning "Independents" finally found some reason to "get on board".

Old 10-17-2012, 11:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yep!

We know you Mitt. You can run to the Cayman Islands, but you can't hide! We're gonna expose you for the failure you are!!
Whats your net worth and how many jobs have you created?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:07 AM

32,151 posts, read 34,812,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Romney had 5% unemployment rate by time he left, of course his job creation was the lowest in the nation.

Why do so many liberals fail math?

His approval rating was so low because he raised fees and cut spending in an effort to reduce the $1.5B deficit.

And do we need to discuss the healthcare legislation which he passed, which Obama last night said was EXACTLY the same as his? Do you need to ask why his ratings were so low?

Seriously, you arent making any points other than repeating the same old talking point bull **** over and over..

By your standards, we should elect George W. Bush to a third term because even he had a higher approval rating than Romney when he left office.

Is it too late to call up Newt Gingrich? The GOP needs a substitute.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM

32,151 posts, read 34,812,842 times
Quote:
Whats your net worth and how many jobs have you created?
Failure.

Not only does Romney drive businesses into failure, but states, too.

235 posts, read 276,890 times
Quote:
Romney had 5% unemployment rate by time he left, of course his job creation was the lowest in the nation.

Why do so many liberals fail math?

His approval rating was so low because he raised fees and cut spending in an effort to reduce the $1.5B deficit.

And do we need to discuss the healthcare legislation which he passed, which Obama last night said was EXACTLY the same as his? Do you need to ask why his ratings were so low?

Seriously, you arent making any points other than repeating the same old talking point bull **** over and over..
BULL BULL and BULL.
Health care legislation was going to get PASSED no matter what Romney did.. Dems and whatever Repubs were in house had already agreed on it and it was MATTER of TIME. Romney JUMPED on the band wagon and took all the credit. Dems did not mind it as the main aim was to pass the legislation. Now that was bi partisanship from Dems to let Gov. Romney take the credit ...
I have lived thru it and i know it...
So you can say whatever you want to...

Quote:
By your standards, we should elect George W. Bush to a third term because even he had a higher approval rating than Romney when he left office.

Is it too late to call up Newt Gingrich? The GOP needs a substitute.
By your standards, Obama should have sat out the re-election attempt... or dont you know that Bush had unemployment rates half of Obamas through most of his term..

Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,306,055 times
Quote:
So we should look to the successes of Romney's policies, which landed him an impressive 70 PERCENT disapproval rating as governor of Massachusetts. Puhleease!

If Romney can't run Massachusetts, what makes you think he can run America?
Half truths are the hallmark of the left.

Romney had a high approval rating up until it was clear that he was going to run for the presidency. At that point he became a somewhat absentee governor. As I said in another of your "Romney destroyed Massachusetts" threads, the people of Massachusetts think that they are at the center of the political world and when their top politician leaves to run for higher office they think to themselves "what higher office is there?"

BTW Michael Dukakis had a job approval rating in Massachusetts of 19% in 1989, which was right after his presidential run.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,306,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
The polls after the 1st debate changed dramatically in Romeny's favor so there was ample proof Romeny won. This time, it's a bit unclear but let's see after the polls. I predict there will be no change or slight bump for Mitt.
I think Obama will be getting a decent bump in the polls after the second debate. Whether that will be sustained remains to be seen.

Romney (please note the correct way to spell his name - it's not spelt Romeny) won't gain much from this debate. I would say he'll either slip a little or stay static at best.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
BULL BULL and BULL.
Health care legislation was going to get PASSED no matter what Romney did.. Dems and whatever Repubs were in house had already agreed on it and it was MATTER of TIME. Romney JUMPED on the band wagon and took all the credit. Dems did not mind it as the main aim was to pass the legislation. Now that was bi partisanship from Dems to let Gov. Romney take the credit ...
I have lived thru it and i know it...
So you can say whatever you want to...
Wow, so now bills just pass on their own without a Governor/Presidential signature and guidance..

How exactly does that work? I have lots of paperwork here that needs done, and since you're now telling me things get done on their own, I'm anxiously awaiting your input on how thats done..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections