Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Half truths are the hallmark of the left.

Romney had a high approval rating up until it was clear that he was going to run for the presidency. At that point he became a somewhat absentee governor. As I said in another of your "Romney destroyed Massachusetts" threads, the people of Massachusetts think that they are at the center of the political world and when their top politician leaves to run for higher office they think to themselves "what higher office is there?"
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? "He was an absentee governor!" I guess that means he'll be an absentee president, too. Just like he was an absentee CEO at Bain. And an absentee speaker when he derided the "47 percent."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
By your standards, we should elect George W. Bush to a third term because even he had a higher approval rating than Romney when he left office.

Is it too late to call up Newt Gingrich? The GOP needs a substitute.
Haha..

in Massachusetts grew dissatisfied with Romney's frequent out-of-state travel and shift toward promoting socially conservative issues as he began to focus increasingly on national rather than state politics

Ooh no.. they were upset cause he was focusing on NATIONAL issues..

FAIL!!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM

I'll give you one thing, though. The Michael Dukakis-Mitt Romney comparison is a fitting one.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? "He was an absentee governor!" I guess that means he'll be an absentee president, too. Just like he was an absentee CEO at Bain. And an absentee speaker when he derided the "47 percent."
How is that any different than Obama, who hasnt held a jobs council in nearly 1/2 a year? Or created a debt commission and then never looked at it?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I see them making up conspiracy theories and excuses, the lamestream liberal media, the moderator is an Obamabot, blah blah blah blah.

The Dems took their lumps, why can't you guys do the same

Time to man up
Righties cant even give Obama credit for the mission that took out OBL they certainly arent ever going to admit a single thing positive about the man including a well done debate.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How is that any different than Obama, who hasnt held a jobs council in nearly 1/2 a year? Or created a debt commission and then never looked at it?
Obama never had a 70 percent disapproval rating. That's a big difference!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM

235 posts, read 276,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, so now bills just pass on their own without a Governor/Presidential signature and guidance..

How exactly does that work? I have lots of paperwork here that needs done, and since you're now telling me things get done on their own, I'm anxiously awaiting your input on how thats done..

Bills need Governor/Presidential signature for sure.. But when u have majority pushing in house a bill and has majority of public support, IT needs GUTS to stand up against it. As Mr Romney has time and again proved, he does not have to STAND to his policies, he just went ahead and jumped on the band wagon....

But Romney saying he came up with this whole idea is full of C**P. Yes he likes what is in MA.. sure we all like it... Again.. we MA residents, do not MIND at all that Romney is beating the drum of Mass health as he was the Govt at that time.. but again.. he does not like when we turn around and point out to the other mess he made... And that is the reason he RAN AWAY from MA and did not contest for 2nd term...

Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Obama never had a 70 percent disapproval rating. That's a big difference!
So what you're saying is that people hold Romney up to higher standards and demanded satisfaction, while they give Obama a pass and support his failures.

I agree, americans are dumb, thanks for showing us that.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Bills need Governor/Presidential signature for sure.. But when u have majority pushing in house a bill and has majority of public support, IT needs GUTS to stand up against it. As Mr Romney has time and again proved, he does not have to STAND to his policies, he just went ahead and jumped on the band wagon....

But Romney saying he came up with this whole idea is full of C**P. Yes he likes what is in MA.. sure we all like it... Again.. we MA residents, do not MIND at all that Romney is beating the drum of Mass health as he was the Govt at that time.. but again.. he does not like when we turn around and point out to the other mess he made... And that is the reason he RAN AWAY from MA and did not contest for 2nd term...
If Romney care was such a failure, then why did Obama use it as a model for the nation? What type of guts does it take to take someone elses plans and copy them?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM

487 posts, read 382,982 times
I know this is off topic, but Gallup tracking just came out and has Romney up by +6!

Womp, womp...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections