Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,924,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Mr. Romney was pointing to the specific example of a high ranking official in his administration, and how they worked to create a flexible schedule that worked for her and her employer. For years, organizations promoting women's equality and fair pay have said that greater flexibility is needed the workplace, especially for working mothers, as that flexibility encourages women to take on greater responsibilities and reach higher managerial positions. Lists are created and published that showcase the top companies for women to work. One of the chief attributes always highlighted on these lists in workplace schedule flexibility. How is it now a bad thing that Governor Romney's administration built in that flexibility, and that he showcased it in the debate?
Romney said that women needed extra flexibility so that they could hurry home and cook. If you don't understand how demeaning that is, I can't help you.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Nothing, just another thing from the left to complain about....

Who cares about the deficit/debt....lets worry about this....

Of course, obama always takes care of his woman...

Friction over women’s role in Obama White House was intense - The Washington Post

Is The White House A Hostile Work Environment For Women? - Careers Articles

Quote:
In the first two years of the Obama White House, the president's top female aides felt steamrolled and demoralized to the point that Obama had to sit them down and address the problem,
The WH 'a genuinely hostile workplace for women' - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

[LEFT]
Quote:
[LEFT]
Anita Dunn, a former communications director, is quoted as saying that “looking back, this place would be in court for a hostile workplace. . . . Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace for women.”
Read more: The WH 'a genuinely hostile workplace for women' - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Mitt dodged the question about equal pay and instead offered up the silly and telling "binders full of women" story.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-18-2012 at 10:54 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 10:50 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,951,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Romney said that women needed extra flexibility so that they could hurry home and cook. If you don't understand how demeaning that is, I can't help you.
Here is the EXACT QUOTE of what Mr. Romney said on the issue when responding to the question at the debate.
Quote:
Now, one of the reasons I was able to get so many good women to be part of that team was because of our recruiting effort, but number two, because I recognized that if you're going to have women in the workforce, that sometimes they need to be more flexible. My chief of staff, for instance, had two kids that were still in school. She said, I can't be here until 7:00 or 8:00 at night. I need to be able to get home at 5:00 so I can be there for -- making dinner for my kids and being with them when they get home from school. So we said, fine, let's have a flexible schedule so you can have hours that work for you.
We're going to have to have employers in the new economy, in the economy I'm going to bring to play, that are going to be so anxious to get good workers they're going to be anxious to hire women. In the -- in the last four years, women have lost 580,000 jobs. That's the net of what's happened in the last four years. We're still down 580,000 jobs. I mentioned 3 1/2 million women more now in poverty than four years ago.
What we can do to help young women and women of all ages is to have a strong economy, so strong that employers are looking to find good employees and bringing them into their workforce and adapting to a -- a flexible work schedule that gives women the opportunities that -- that they would otherwise not be able to -- to afford.
This is what I've done, it's what I look forward to doing, and I know what it takes to make an economy work.
I copied that from the debate transcript at CNN
Please point out the place where Mr. Romney says that all women need to hurry home to cook. Please don't confuse it with the EXAMPLE he gave of his Chief of Staff wanting flexibility so SHE could get home to make dinner for her kids and be there with them when they get home from school. Please point out the specific thing he says that is demeaning to anyone.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM

The question posed:

"In what new ways do you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?"

Romney dodged the question and went off on the binder tangent.
Obama responded and told her what he had done.
Neither candidate said anything about what they intended to do.

Subsequent, the woman who asked the question has been characterized by some right wing journalists and bloggers as " Feminazi*", " party girl" and "an Obama plant" which fuels the fire.

* "Feminazi" is a term made popular by Rush Limbaugh, begining in the 90's.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,170,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The question posed:

"In what new ways do you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?"

Subsequent, the woman who asked the question has been characterized by some right wing journalists and bloggers as " Feminazi*", " party girl" and "an Obama plant" which fuels the fire.

Feminazi's have destroyed the American family.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
It seems you believe what the media is feeding you, and not the actual facts.

Mr. Romney never said he didn't care about the 47%. What he said was that he can't count on any of that 47% for their vote, as they have a victim mentality that the liberals and President Obama exploit to garner their vote. This was a conversation about winning an election, not one about governing. He was saying that he cannot worry about getting their votes, and has to focus on getting the votes he can, if he is going to have a shot at winning.
And when he said that "they have systems in place" was he wrong? As he pointed out, "We have food stamps, we have Medicaid, we have housing vouchers, we have programs to help the poor". He went on to say that he's not concerned with the rich either. "I’m concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling."
I don't think liberals have a victim mentality, looking at things different from a republican doesn't equal "victim mentality" to me. And, I'm not a liberal. "Systems in place," they have systems that keep them barely alive. I don't personally believe poor people relish it or want it. Some can do better and some cannot. It's too complex to put under 1 umbrella of thought about it. And, I don't call that a system, except if you're Romney. Hehe.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post

Feminazi's have destroyed the American family.
Conversely, sperm doner dads who do not tend to their moral, legal and financial obligations to their bio children have destroyed the American family.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,046,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The question posed:

Obama's wh women earn less than men. A woman in the Obama WH claimed women were not treated well and she felt like a piece of meat.

Romney mentions looking at binders with resumes or women, and you losers make that into some sort of joke?! I dont think the women who were hired by Romney thought it was some sort of joke.

And Obama is repeating this crap on the campaign trail as we speak. Obama, the media, and liberals have NOTHING left if this is now their huge talking point. You have nothing. Gallop shows today that Biden did nothing to help Obama in the polls. Obamas debate performance isnt going to help much either. So now with a sudden act of new desperation, you dummies are left with "binders". That is beyond pathetic.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,583,261 times
LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections