Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:56 AM

716 posts, read 1,238,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Even if the big R cuts taxes 10% for everyone it will only save most of us a few hundred bucks and himself a few million. Ain't that fair?
Yes. I'm all for everyone getting a tax cut. obviously liberals aren't they usually raise everybody's taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,024,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
What I don't get is how is he still winning? According to betting sites he has twice as high a chance at winning that Romney does. I'm assuming those sites are very accurate?
Winning according to who? I remember in '04 old John Kerry had it all sewed up according to those who were in the know. Walker was gonna get kicked out of Wisconsin according to those in the know. Apparently they don't know as much as they think. Know it all nothings.

Only think I know is folks can go vote for a "change" in the direction this country is heading which is down. I still have faith the American people aren't dumb enough to vote for 4 more years of this disaster. Now is it all rigged with Soros owning the company that runs the voting machines? That is a whole different discussion.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,960,751 times
Quote:
Even if the big R cuts taxes 10% for everyone it will only save most of us a few hundred bucks and himself a few million. Ain't that fair?

Fair?

It is a percentage of earning. It is completely fair.

If you make 100 dollars, and pay 10%, you pay 10 dollars in taxes.

If I make 1000 dollars, and pay 10%, I pay 100 dollars.

I don't see you having a problem with me paying your entire earnings in taxes.

The problem you seem to be having is that things are fair, but you want them to be adjusted in favor of a specific party. What you want is not equal taxation, you want others to carry more of the burden, and why? Because they have more than you? In fact, because they actually make more than you, they already pay more of the taxes. They contribute far more than you do, but you want them to pay more? Fair my arse!

It isn't healthy to live your life in such envy.

You know what would be completely equal and fair though?

Replace all taxes with the old head tax. This way EVERYONE pays EXACTLY the same. That is what truly equal and fair is, but that isn't what you want. It is astounding how greedy folks are these days when it comes to this. This system puts the weight of taxation on the top earners and you guys whine and cry about how you want more. That is greedy, selfish, and underhanded.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Winning according to who? I remember in '04 old John Kerry had it all sewed up according to those who were in the know. Walker was gonna get kicked out of Wisconsin according to those in the know. Apparently they don't know as much as they think. Know it all nothings.

Only think I know is folks can go vote for a "change" in the direction this country is heading which is down. I still have faith the American people aren't dumb enough to vote for 4 more years of this disaster. Now is it all rigged with Soros owning the company that runs the voting machines? That is a whole different discussion.

People aren't paying attention. I just saw a white girl from lakeland florida liking a black guys status. Here was his status.

Brian Williams
Mit Romney is da Anti-Christ. #HeHateBlackPpl (sound familiar?)
Share · 29 minutes ago near Lakeland, FL ·
Jessica Barrington and Kiara Ladi P Strong like this.

And according to all the sites where you can bet on whose gonna win the presidential spot. They all clearly think Obama's going to win. Was Kerry really a huge favorite last time?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,865 times
Quote:
Yes it is. They earn that money and 10% is just more for them to keep, same as it is the rest of us.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Well someone's status on some social website who probably isn't gonna vote anyway makes no difference. If that is what your basing your opinion on............

Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well someone's status on some social website who probably isn't gonna vote anyway makes no difference. If that is what your basing your opinion on............
I've seen plenty of stats like that and people liking them. I'm not basing it on that tho I'm basing it on the betting odds that the bookies made.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM

Unless they've been wrong in the past about things like this. I wouldn't know.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
I've seen plenty of stats like that and people liking them. I'm not basing it on that tho I'm basing it on the betting odds that the bookies made.
Bookies? They make money no matter who wins. They don't care just want to generate the most bets.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,182,008 times
I don't think so and I just think this is the real Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections