Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,437 times

Advertisements

The media has been playing Romney's FEMA view from the primaries today, and most likely the next several days will see an increase in this discussion as the direct reporting from Sandy slows to long term impact discussion. I'm sure people with say its the MSM media trying to trash Romney but I'm sure the Romney campaign is not happy to see that clip being played right now before the all important poll next week.

Oh, and with many polls 'suspending' operations, I don't think we'll see any accurate polls until Nov 6th when the final "poll" is released!

Might as well start your bets now.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
The media has been playing Romney's FEMA view from the primaries today, and most likely the next several days will see an increase in this discussion as the direct reporting from Sandy slows to long term impact discussion. I'm sure people with say its the MSM media trying to trash Romney but I'm sure the Romney campaign is not happy to see that clip being played right now before the all important poll next week.

Oh, and with many polls 'suspending' operations, I don't think we'll see any accurate polls until Nov 6th when the final "poll" is released!

Might as well start your bets now.
It didn't faze Rasmussen though. Same results. I guess they have not been calling anyone in New York or New Jersey.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,261,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Of course, be sure to ignore this from your link:

But Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg and Republican pollster Whit Ayres found that Obama leads by 4 points in the 12 battleground states that appear ready to pick the winner for the rest of the country next Tuesday. And they suggest that Romney's post-debate surge has "stalled."

I can see Romney possibly winning the popular vote, but that won't put him in the White House. Just ask Al Gore.
If Obama wins the EC but loses the popular vote, his second term will be marred with that, just like Bush's was until 9/11 rallied the country back together. In my opinion, it will weaken his presidency both real-time and perhaps in a historical perspective.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
If Obama wins the EC but loses the popular vote, his second term will be marred with that, just like Bush's was until 9/11 rallied the country back together. In my opinion, it will weaken his presidency both real-time and perhaps in a historical perspective.
Ahhh but there is a caveat that if they claim the Northeast turn out was lower (which it may be) due to the storm, historically would be protected by an "unknown" caused by the largest storm ever to hit the Northeast.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Quote:
Nothing will have changed. The GOP will obstruct and refuse to bargain just as they would have done if he won the popular vote.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Nothing will have changed. The GOP will obstruct and refuse to bargain just as they would have done if he won the popular vote.
It will frustrate Obama to the point of going ape***t on exec orders for the next 4 years, ensuring that Hilarity or any other Dem hasn't a chance in 2016.

Obama would be Sun Tzu'd, according to plan.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Romney hits the campaign trail in Florida tomorrow looks like Florida is indeed tightening.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Romney hits the campaign trail in Florida tomorrow looks like Florida is indeed tightening.
i told you that 2 hours ago.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,415,694 times
Quote:
If Obama loses the popular vote, it will prove the importance of the 2010 mid-term elections. If 63 House seats had NOT been taken by Republicans in that first repudiation of Obama, Obama's agenda would have continued to steamroll the economy, producing millions more in poverty. And poor people tend to vote Democrat.

The last time voters weighed in on Barack Obama was in 2008. In 2010, Dems got busted. Wisconsin recall, Dems got busted. Anyone else see a trend?

Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama was there before the hurricane as well. If he gets Florida, it's all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections