Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It will frustrate Obama to the point of going ape***t on exec orders for the next 4 years, ensuring that Hilarity or any other Dem hasn't a chance in 2016.

Obama would be Sun Tzu'd, according to plan.
He's had the last four years to become frustrated. GOP fought him every step of the way. Nothing's changed.

They'll be as vindictive, radical, and petty as they have always been. Popular vote or no popular vote.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama was there before the hurricane as well. If he gets Florida, it's all over.
I looked at poll closing times for Nov 6th, and in my opinion, this election may not keep anybody up too late. By 9PM Eastern Time, FL, OH, and VA may be in the bag for Romney. If so, expect some further Obama weakening in the western states with later poll closing times.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i told you that 2 hours ago.
Still think he wins looking at the internals of the latest CNN poll you find Romney getting 60% of Whites and about 30% of nonWhites. If you apply those ratios to the 2008 turnout demo breakout Romney gets 51%

Old 10-30-2012, 11:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I looked at poll closing times for Nov 6th, and in my opinion, this election may not keep anybody up too late. By 9PM Eastern Time, FL, OH, and VA may be in the bag for Romney. If so, expect some further Obama weakening in the western states with later poll closing times.
Exactly I said this a few weeks ago this race could be over by the time we cross the Mississippi.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,616,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Exactly I said this a few weeks ago this race could be over by the time we cross the Mississippi.
Romney will concede once N.C. goes for Obama...

Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know for sure, but I think Christie just endorsed Obama this morning on GMA......... Christie saying, "The President has been outstanding."!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
But isn't that what you *******s keep crying for? Support of anything the President does? So now you demonize Christie for doing this.....typical.

Can't have it both ways buddy boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Demonizing? I am applauding him wising up.
This is one of the very few things I like about Christie - that he has a tendency to not toe the party line by refusing to give President Obama credit for anything. This isn't the first time he's given credit where credit is due by telling the truth about the president.

I've also been under the impression that he's not particularly impressed with Willard, despite what he says publicly; it makes me wonder who he's really going to vote for.

That said, I see Willard is back down to the low 37% this morning on Intrade. I was sweating it a little yesterday because he got up to mid 38%. Maybe this morning's downturn has something to do with his "storm relief event" in, of all places, Ohio. I have faith that the American voter can see that for what it is - campaigning (when he said he was going to suspend campaigning) in a state he desperately needs to win in and trying to pass it off as some kind of humanitarian event. Kind of like his running mate's photo-op in the soup kitchen, washing pots and pans that were already clean.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times
polls could be done for the day

Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This is one of the very few things I like about Christie - that he has a tendency to not toe the party line by refusing to give President Obama credit for anything. This isn't the first time he's given credit where credit is due by telling the truth about the president.

I've also been under the impression that he's not particularly impressed with Willard, despite what he says publicly; it makes me wonder who he's really going to vote for.

That said, I see Willard is back down to the low 37% this morning on Intrade. I was sweating it a little yesterday because he got up to mid 38%. Maybe this morning's downturn has something to do with his "storm relief event" in, of all places, Ohio. I have faith that the American voter can see that for what it is - campaigning (when he said he was going to suspend campaigning) in a state he desperately needs to win in and trying to pass it off as some kind of humanitarian event. Kind of like his running mate's photo-op in the soup kitchen, washing pots and pans that were already clean.
He stood up for American Muslims too, when right wing bigots were bashing them.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He stood up for American Muslims too, when right wing bigots were bashing them.
Yup.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
polls could be done for the day
Look at that +32 Obama poll from Mass.

Talk about embarrassing for Romney and honestly quiet telling that Mass was not impressed with him since the same poll shows Warren up only 7 points in response.

That is 25 % of the Mass populace who would vote for Scott Brown but NOT Romney. That is unbelievable. I'm surprised this dislike of the Governor has not made it into an ad as those are some hard, cold numbers against Romney.

On another thought, who was the last Presidental candidate to win without taking his home state? Looks like maybe Nixon?

And if Romney loses the birth state of MI? Well you would have to go back to James Polk to find a President who lost his resident+birth state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections