Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Give me a break! They voted Republican while Obama was still playing soccer in Kenya with Trump. It's cultural. His policies have little to do with it. Shoot, if anything they ought to appreciate Obama because he listened to them and got the Keystone out of the Sand Hills as they asked.
Give you a break??!?

How about a break for those actual people from many walks of llife and stations in life whose businesses and jobs and savings have been trashed by the very real, actual, visible, logical damage of the Obama agenda?

Those are the people who need a break. When I wrote of them in my previous post, I was thinking of those situations where I have direct, personal knowledge of the damage done, and the damage to come.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'll just stop you right there. How are these "small town bankers" getting strangled under Dodd -Frank?
Mr. Yankee, just ask one...and make sure you have a LOT of time to hear the answer. New bank charters are a good proxy for the environment that small, independent banks deal with. In the past eighteen months, unprecedented in history, ZERO new federal bank charters have been applied for. NONE. This has never happened before. And the pace of the little guys selling out to the big guys has ramped up dramatically.

The retired chairman of Wells Fargo was on CNBC a few weeks ago, explaining that Dodd Frank was a big kiss to the very largest institutions since profitability has been regulated away from community banks--and they will all be forced to sell out to the bigs sooner or later. You have a large federal bureaucracy chasing the banks around to make sure they are making good loans, and a different large federal bureaucracy chasing them around to force more bad loans to meet racial and geographic quotas. Obama's attorney general has instigated some odious actions in this regard. And it is hugely more expensive to process any loan nowadays, due to the cumbersome regs.

And why do we have these regs? Because the politicians were pissed off at half a dozen of the largest banks. They nailed all 9,000 banks with Dodd-Frank. Citibank has an army of lawyers, no regulation is a problem. Bank of America has an army of lawyers, no regulation is a problem. Main Street Bank in Hometown does NOT have an army of lawyers; they are totally screwed.

I don't have time to run a whole seminar on this topic.

Thank you for posting your question. It points to the total disconnent between Obama's bumper-sticker, campaign-type communications on this matter, and the reality on Main Street. "They are trying to take us back to the policies that got us into this mess!" he says, again and again, as if a healthy banking system is NOT a prerequisite to a healthy economy.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 AM

44 posts, read 43,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Give you a break??!?

How about a break for those actual people from many walks of llife and stations in life whose businesses and jobs and savings have been trashed by the very real, actual, visible, logical damage of the Obama agenda?

Those are the people who need a break. When I wrote of them in my previous post, I was thinking of those situations where I have direct, personal knowledge of the damage done, and the damage to come.
Catholics, Small Business Owners, and Military come to mind immedietely. Not to mention the middle class as a whole. Also, dont think the blacks and hispanics are better off either. Even the ones inbattleground states who got their Obamaphones....

Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The definition of an idiot is someone who gives an employee four years to fix something and when that employee fails, he gives him four more years and expects thing to be different.
I guess some idiots can't understand that some things take longer than four years to fix.

Those same idiots are generally unable to comprehend that taking job losses of 700k/month (the last two months of the Bush Presidency) and turning them into 25 consecutive months (and counting) of job gains is a very good start.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthestick View Post
You can throw PPP polls out - a DEMOCRAT pollster that uses ridiculous partisan split to boost obama.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Well...there goes 4 electoral votes.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,988,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You can throw PPP polls out - a DEMOCRAT pollster that uses ridiculous partisan split to boost obama.
Will do, Ma'am

That will only leave us 7 polls showing Romney is going to get his ass handed to him ...but oh well....LOL

Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The definition of an idiot is someone who gives an employee four years to fix something and when that employee fails, he gives him four more years and expects thing to be different.
No. The definition of an idiot is someone who believes a person with $240 million dollars ($240,000,000) knows what it is like to live on $24 thousand ($24,000) dollars.

Default The Marcopolo Market-Based Indicator

Introducing the newest election indicator, a straw for Romney supporters to reach for until Election Day arrives:

One very clear difference between the candidates is on the significance of the national debt and annual deficits. The incumbent plans trillion-dollar deficits for the next four years, backing a chairman of the Federal Reserve Board who has provided more accomodation than ever before in history. The challenger 'says' he will put America on a new course of less spending and debt, and has made it clear that he will install a more hawkish Fed chief as soon as he is able.

The incumbent is seen as good for the prospects of higher commodity prices, as past Fed interventions have boosted prices of sensitive commodities and the expectation of future inflation. The challenger is seen as bad for the prospects of higher commodity prices, as less money flowing into the system from tighter monetary and fiscal policies will reduce speculative demand for commodities and the prospects for future inflation.

Since the first debate, the prices of gold, copper and oil have been on a distinctive, unremitting downtrend. The price of each peaked on or near the first debate. Today, Friday before the election, gold is getting hammered: down $38 to the $1675 area, after peaking at $1,800 per ounce at the first debate.

So while Intrade measures sentiment with a few $10 bets here and there, vast markets with tens of billions of dollars at risk are pointing to declining chances of Obama's re-election. The late-breaking trend Friday before the election, the plunge in gold, is very negative for Obama.

I've really impressed myself with the creativity that went into this post. Either I'm a genius or an idiot, and I am absolutely psychic in my ability to know which category each poster here will put me into.

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Will do, Ma'am

That will only leave us 7 polls showing Romney is going to get his ass handed to him ...but oh well....LOL
How they loved the polls only a couple weeks ago. The forum was filled with Reps citing this one or that one and gloating over the coming victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections