Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
because thats what the romney campaign says.

The campaign announced that 30,000 people attended, but Secret Service sources said just 15,000 went through metal detectors. And local law enforcement counted the crowd at 18,000.

Romney holds all-star Ohio rally - Juana Summers and James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

so you have anywhere between 15-18k. it is alarming that you were convinced of romneys numbers just because they came from his mouth.
Again my point is the same, but I stand corrected if that is what you want me to say. That said, I'm not sure what is a alarming about taking facts from various newspapers.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:

The campaign announced that 30,000 people attended, but Secret Service sources said just 15,000 went through metal detectors. And local law enforcement counted the crowd at 18,000.

Romney holds all-star Ohio rally - Juana Summers and James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

so you have anywhere between 15-18k. it is alarming that you were convinced of romneys numbers just because they came from his mouth.
Most of them were there for the concert.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Traveling through central and western PA on several occasions I saw mostly Romney Ryan signs, estimated around 18 R/R to 1 O/B. There are also a lot of Stop the war on coal Fire Obama signs too. Talking to people there it is very possible that it could go republican. They are not NY and they have in the past.

Many are dems there voting republican this time around. Yes, they do like their guns but people from PA are not as back-woods as people think. They are well educated people who are very family oriented. I love that Obama thought that PA was his. Never let the oponent see you coming.

Of course most expect that the inter-city poor will vote Obama.
A famous saying about PA politics is that Pennsylvania has Philly in the east and the 'Burgh in the west, and Alabama in the middle.

I have no doubt that central and south-central PA will go for Romney. I am sure places like Chambersburg, Altoona, and Williamsport in the north will go for Romney.

Certainly not Philly or Pittsburgh ... they are Obama country, and that is where most of the population is. Other areas of the state where Obama will win are the cities like Erie (PA's 4th largest city), Harrisburg proper, the Lehigh Valley - Allentown (PA's 3rd largest city), Bethlehem, and Easton (where I used to live); the Wyoming Valley - Scranton and Wilkes-Barre; the wealthy suburbs of Philly used to be Republican strongholds such as Bucks and Montgomery Counties but they are now solidly Democratic.

Obama will carry the Keystone State.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
BREAKING!! A Romney supporter decides to cite a single outlier poll (out of 58) which shows Mitt as winning! SHOCKING! AMAZING! STUPID! DESPERATE!
The next thing you know, Republicans will take on study out of thousands to disprove global warming.

Oh, wait....

Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 PM

44 posts, read 43,639 times
Its amazing to me that hard core democrats dont see the writing on the wall. Romney will take the crossover voters by a wide margin. The simple fact Obama is trying to win his second term in this election simply by trying to retain states he won in 2008, without gaining any states he lost in 2008 to McCain, something he has no chance of doing, should be very indicative of his demise. No one who voted McCain in 2008 will vote for Obama this go around, however, Romney is taking a huge number of voters disenchanted with Obama, including a large portion of Democratic voters, and a second term victory with less Electoral college votes hasnt happened since 1912. Romney wins on election day because everyone who wants Obama this time has already cast their vote. This enthusiasm against Obama is nothing I have ever seen before, even more so than Carter. The polls wont reflect that, cause the majority of people who are voting against Obama dont have the time to answer polls.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,722,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
A famous saying about PA politics is that Pennsylvania has Philly in the east and the 'Burgh in the west, and Alabama in the middle.

I have no doubt that central and south-central PA will go for Romney. I am sure places like Chambersburg, Altoona, and Williamsport in the north will go for Romney.

Certainly not Philly or Pittsburgh ... they are Obama country, and that is where most of the population is. Other areas of the state where Obama will win are the cities like Erie (PA's 4th largest city), Harrisburg proper, the Lehigh Valley - Allentown (PA's 3rd largest city), Bethlehem, and Easton (where I used to live); the Wyoming Valley - Scranton and Wilkes-Barre; the wealthy suburbs of Philly used to be Republican strongholds such as Bucks and Montgomery Counties but they are now solidly Democratic.

Obama will carry the Keystone State.
No he won't....Romney will take PA because of the lowered Democratic turn out in Philly.

Pittsburgh will go Romney by virtue that the Democrats in the area are Reagan Democrats and many coal related industries are based in and around Pittsburgh. Not to mention the coal-fired electric plants being closed down by Obama's war on coal.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM

2,859 posts, read 4,628,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Its amazing to me that hard core democrats dont see the writing on the wall. Romney will take the crossover voters by a wide margin. The simple fact Obama is trying to win his second term in this election simply by trying to retain states he won in 2008, without gaining any states he lost in 2008 to McCain, something he has no chance of doing, should be very indicative of his demise. No one who voted McCain in 2008 will vote for Obama this go around, however, Romney is taking a huge number of voters disenchanted with Obama, including a large portion of Democratic voters, and a second term victory with less Electoral college votes hasnt happened since 1912. Romney wins on election day because everyone who wants Obama this time has already cast their vote. This enthusiasm against Obama is nothing I have ever seen before, even more so than Carter. The polls wont reflect that, cause the majority of people who are voting against Obama dont have the time to answer polls.
Thank god you only have 3 more days to post non-sense!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,957,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Yeah, it sure is amazing that Democrats aren't ignoring all the polls and just accepting your insistence that they're wrong. It sure is amazing that they just don't understand that, for the first time ever, all the polls are just wrong.

Amazing...

Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:

The fire chief is the one who said there were 30,000 people. Direct from the HuffPo:

Quote:
The rally had 30,000 people in attendance, according to a fire chief, while a police officer told reporters there were 18,000 attendees. Either way, the crowd size at the rally was staggering.
Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan In Ohio, 'Battleground Of Battlegrounds'

And many Ohio papers also reported 30,000:

Dayton:
30,000 turn out for Romney in West Chester | www.daytondailynews.com

Mason:
30K jam Romney rally in West Chester | MasonBuzz.com

Toledo:
Paul Ryan asks Ohioans to 'vote out of love of country' - Toledo Blade

CNN& NBC also reported 30,000. Clearly it was a huge rally, or "staggering" as stated by HuffPo.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:

Looks like your info is flat out wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections