Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
They are Hoping the lying rhetoric will discourage people from voting but it won't work. Romney will win! People are determined to have a better future and that will not happen with BO.
So I guess the Intrade gamblers are "lying" too eh?

Intrade - Obama to be re-elected: 71.5% (closing in on his all-time high).

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/co...tractId=743474

Why is that everything is a conspiracy with you folks?

Ken

Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So I guess the Intrade gamblers are "lying" too eh?

Intrade - Obama to be re-elected: 71.5% (closing in on his all-time high).

Intrade - Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012

Why is that everything is a conspiracy with you folks?

Ken
No conspiracy....just not letting the lefties try to discourage the vote by saying Obama has won.

This state paper site says Romney has already won Ohio.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

I'm not saying I believe that or not, but I am saying that all media stations are saying that voter turnout is hitting record numbers all over. That is exactly what the republicans are hoping for!

It is going to be long night....actually several days....and anyone calling this election this early is an absolute idiot. Plain and simple.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 AM

121 posts, read 167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
BIG GAINS FOR ROMNEY!!!

He's back up to 8.0% on the 538 blog.
EVEN MORE GAINS FOR ROMNEY!!!

He is clawing his way to victory! He is up to 8.4%.

Could this be the greatest turnaround in recent political history???

Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
No conspiracy....just not letting the lefties try to discourage the vote by saying Obama has won.

I'm not saying I believe that or not, but I am saying that all media stations are saying that voter turnout is hitting record numbers all over. That is exactly what the republicans are hoping for!

It is going to be long night....actually several days....and anyone calling this election this early is an absolute idiot. Plain and simple.
Yeah, it's a "conspiracy" when you think that ALL the polls are deliberately lying and when you think that ALL the media are against you - and that's what you folks claim ALL THE TIME.

Regarding the huge turnout, as I said in another post - big voter turnout generally means bad news for the GOP because GOP voters tend to be more reliable, so when the turnout is small it's usually the Democratic voters who haven't showed up - but when the turnout is large it's generally because not only the GOP is turning out but the Democrats too.

New voter registration here in "Blue" Washington state is a new record this year - clearly there's a LOT of interest on the Democratic side as well.

Ken

Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:

Can you provide a link, please? This is great news and I would like to read more.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,850 times
Why are you conservatives wasting your time here?

The banks are open on the East coast. You still have time to wire money to intrade.com. You can get 3-1 odds against Romney, who you KNOW is going to win.

While you're at the bank, drawn down that home equity line to zero. You KNOW this is a sure thing, you'll never have another opportunity like this.

Take those patsies for everything they're worth! They're just waiting for you to separate them from their money.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,108 times
You know, I was just thinking...Regardless of who wins, the losing side is going to see it as a giant F*** you to them.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Exclamation hmm....

Romney continues to falter as his momentum deflates dramatically on the morning of the election.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 AM

684 posts, read 826,011 times
Quote:

Could you quote source saying that voter turnout is hitting record numbers? I want to know if you mean 'Record low' or 'record high'. This will allow me to see where you're coming from in your assertion.

Everything I've read points to low voter turnout because of damage from the hurricane, long wait times(Not due to lines, but delays in places opening and building damage from the hurricane).

Hopefully, we can cut off the arguments that will stem from this by allowing you a chance to more fully explain yourself. Also, if you could explain what you meant by the Republicans hoping for record numbers in voting. As far as I knew, that was last election and it didn't turn out so well for them. If they had planned for record high numbers, then they didn't run their election very well: Negative campaigning doesn't get people out to vote, it just saps energy from them so they don't. If you meant record low, then I would want numbers to prove it.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:

He is surging now as he is at 9.1%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections