Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I thought no nat polls? Down 2 in a day by the way
its true that i dont care about national polls. just posted it to prove my point about how they vary too much and are unreliable to state polls. Rasmussen and gallup have romney leading, reuters has it the other way. state polls are the true measure.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,781,879 times
Quote:
He may win Nevada but hate to be a candidate dependent on Hispanics poor turnout ratios. Messina conceded on a conf call today they are having trouble getting enthusiasm up with minorities and young voters.
That's not what he said.

Quote:
"Early vote is not taking a final universe of voters and only changing the day they vote," he explained. "If that’s what we were doing that what be concerning. What early vote does is help us get out low-propensity voters, voters called sporadic voters, which broadens our universe and frees up more Get Out The Vote resources later and especially on Election Day. And let's be very clear, more sporadic Obama voters are voting than sporadic Republicans in the battleground states. And that is both a sign of enthusiasm but also organization strength."
Obama Campaign Touts Its 'Sporadic Voter' Turnout

Have you listened to the Steve Harvey or Tom Joyner morning show lately? Are you really counting on black people to stay at home when the battle cry against racist, conservative 1950 America is being sounded throughout Baptist and A.M.E. churches, barbershops, and hairdressers? Do you really think Hispanic voters are just going to sit at home with all that's at stake for them? Yeah right.

NBC/WSJ/Telemundo poll: Obama holds strong lead, Romney has ‘image problem’ with Latinos

Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,996,089 times
I will say this, as a Democrat I am disappointed in both President Obama and Vice President Biden. I did not like the sarcastic comments such as the "Horses and Bayonettes". It is beneath the office and uncalled for. Its one thing for us here on CD to taunt each other partys supporters, but I believe it has no place in a Presidental debate.

Though I will still support the Obama/Biden ticket I think Romney is a good family man and the same for Ryan.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not what he said.

Obama Campaign Touts Its 'Sporadic Voter' Turnout

Have you listened to the Steve Harvey or Tom Joyner morning show lately? Are you really counting on black people to stay at home when the battle cry against racist, conservative 1950 America is being sounded throughout Baptist and A.M.E. churches, barbershops, and hairdressers? Do you really think Hispanic voters are just going to sit at home with all that's at stake for them? Yeah right.

NBC/WSJ/Telemundo poll: Obama holds strong lead, Romney has ‘image problem’ with Latinos
I tend to listen to Joe Madison a blowhard of epic proportions. I'm not counting on anything. Anecdotally, I've been surprised ever since I've come out as a Mitt supporter on Facebook how many of my non-white friends have liked my comments. I thought I was going to be defriended, lol. For sure most Blacks on my FB feed are Obamabots but I'm noticing more, especially the friends who've become more religious over the years openly opposing him.

I think the gay marriage thing may actually hurt him with turnout, didn't think that before but now I do.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I will say this, as a Democrat I am disappointed in both President Obama and Vice President Biden. I did not like the sarcastic comments such as the "Horses and Bayonettes". It is beneath the office and uncalled for. Its one thing for us here on CD to taunt each other partys supporters, but I believe it has no place in a Presidental debate.

Though I will still support the Obama/Biden ticket I think Romney is a good family man and the same for Ryan.
See you're the type of liberal I can respect. Obama's continued attacks on Romney's character is beneath the office of the Presidency. One can be aggressive without being crude, rude or disrespectful.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,987,247 times
Quote:
See you're the type of liberal I can respect. Obama's continued attacks on Romney's character is beneath the office of the Presidency. One can be aggressive without being crude, rude or disrespectful.
I didn't think it had to go there. I was hoping Obama would take the high road.. On the other hand Romney has been totally disrespectful towards Obama during the previous debates. mitt is hardly a saint.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,781,879 times
Quote:
I think the gay marriage thing may actually hurt him with turnout, didn't think that before but now I do.
Black people are going to vote for Michelle, Malia and Sasha to stay in the White House. Especially black women.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Black people are going to vote for Michelle, Malia and Sasha to stay in the White House. Especially black women.
Note I said turnout, he needs Black men too and for whatever reason Black men came out in significantly lower numbers than Black women in '08.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times
Quote:
Note I said turnout, he needs Black men too and for whatever reason Black men came out in significantly lower numbers than Black women in '08.
who did you vote for in 08

Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
who did you vote for in 08
Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections