Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times

Advertisements

I know this doesn't mean much in so far as the electoral college is concerned, but, in the court of world opinion the President is winning in a landslide.

BBC News - BBC poll: Rest of world favours Obama

Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,232,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I know this doesn't mean much in so far as the electoral college is concerned, but, in the court of world opinion the President is winning in a landslide.

Yes, he is.

Chavez, Castro, Putin: Four more years!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:58 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

The world prefers a weak contrite America thus Obama is favored. Being loved by your enemies isn't a good thing.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama

Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,839,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not what he said.

Obama Campaign Touts Its 'Sporadic Voter' Turnout

Have you listened to the Steve Harvey or Tom Joyner morning show lately? Are you really counting on black people to stay at home when the battle cry against racist, conservative 1950 America is being sounded throughout Baptist and A.M.E. churches, barbershops, and hairdressers? Do you really think Hispanic voters are just going to sit at home with all that's at stake for them? Yeah right.

NBC/WSJ/Telemundo poll: Obama holds strong lead, Romney has ‘image problem’ with Latinos

I agree with this in regards to a lot of black voters I know. Even my family members in Ohio, most of whom have already voted and who are encouraging everyone via FB to go out and vote because they listen to a lot of media sources them of the evilness of Romney lol. I do listen to Tom Joyner for about 30-45 minutes every morning and he is always touting the president and he is just into this right now trying to fire up black people. Obama will even be on the program tomorrow. Tom is pretty funny in regards to his fanaticism of Obama but I like the show, it's pretty funny.

Michael Baisden is worse than Tom when it comes to getting black people to see Romney as evil. I think whites who don't know about black media fail to realize how many black people these programs reach. I think Tom has about 8 million listeners. Michael about 10 million. Steve Harvey has about 7 million. Not only black people listen to these programs but between those three, I would bet that almost every black person of voting age has listened to one of them recently. I don't like Steve Harvey's show (they don't play enough music) but I hear him on Saturday mornings while driving my kid to soccer games and he even is speaking about this election and "firing up" black people early Saturday mornings. I honestly do think that most black people are more fired up now than in 2008 because they feel the president has been disrespected based on him being a black person. On these shows you hear about the groups, mainly the Tea Party who have signs about "take our country back." They feel they are being disrespected and even though not every black person agrees 100% with the president, they will come out and vote for him in almost as large numbers as 2008.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The world prefers a weak contrite America thus Obama is favored. Being loved by your enemies isn't a good thing.

France? Germany? UK?
Enemies?

And, you did notice that Pakistan prefers Romney, right?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
new national tracking poll Obama +2 Reuters/Ipsos
New status on Intrade's electoral map: ROMNEY 275!

(at least when I posted this.)

US Presidential Election 2012

[edit--didn't last long...yet]

Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
New status on Intrade's electoral map: ROMNEY 275!

(at least when I posted this.)

US Presidential Election 2012

[edit--didn't last long...yet]
I love how you guys seem to put so much weight in Intrade like it is some valid source....just looking at Ohio it has Romney up 54% and Obama at 50%....so there is 104% in Ohio?

Anyway, whatever works to make you guys think you are onto something.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I love how you guys seem to put so much weight in Intrade like it is some valid source....just looking at Ohio it has Romney up 54% and Obama at 50%....so there is 104% in Ohio?

Anyway, whatever works to make you guys think you are onto something.
Intrade's a prediction market, a valid source. But for this topic, it is just another data point that documents one of the biggest slides in electoral history. You probably won't catch on before Obama's concession speech.

[edit: Obama 52-Romney 48 on Intrade, biggest one-day loss in this epic slide for Barack. My sympathies to you.]

Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Intrade's a prediction market, a valid source. But for this topic, it is just another data point that documents one of the biggest slides in electoral history. You probably won't catch on before Obama's concession speech.

[edit: Obama 52-Romney 48 on Intrade, biggest one-day loss in this epic slide for Barack. My sympathies to you.]
Again, it is a prediction market that really doesn't seem to be based on anything other than people's love for gambling....unless there is something scientific about it that I am missing.

Still in its states poll it has Ohio with 104% that is factually incorrect....now if those numbers added up to under 100% then I would give it credit for accounting undecided, but when it is over it makes me question their methods.

I think it is just a vague speculation site that too many Cons seem to be invested in as if it is the word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections