Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Team Obama go after Romney's Mormon faith these last 3 weeks?
Yes 13 17.57%
No 59 79.73%
Unsure 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,746,588 times

Advertisements

Y'all do know that Harry Reid is a Mormon, right?

Do you care?

Of course you don't. Someone's religion should be a private matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,043,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama's not going to do that nor should he. We're suppose to be a diverse country that accepts all religions and he, above most presidents in recent times, is more accepting than most. As far as I know Mormon's aren't into devil worship, so what exactly is there to "go after?" Enlighten me, oh, OP.
You see, this ^ is a prime example of the dilemma we face when we buy into the PC idea that 1: "We're suppose to be a diverse country that accepts all religions" followed with 2: "As far as I know Mormon's aren't into devil worship, so what exactly is there to "go after?"

Don't you see we would have to give a Satanist the same PC "What? Me worry?" (as in PC idea 1) that you give a Mormon or Muslim or Wiccan or Scientologist or atheist or whatever? Now you're in a trap where you might feel guilty if you do objective research and need to draw a line in the sand.

Nobody should vote for a Mormon High Priest for President (or any priest). Get curious and study the Mormon oaths, agenda, corporate structure, and beliefs which are based on a false story (by their own admission). Then consider the separation of church and state. Would you want a PRIEST of any religious hierarchy (NOT lay parishoner, but PRIEST) as POTUS? Do you want a POTUS who believes that the "local god" was a man and he lives on planet Kolob? And what if he doesn't believe? Why then is he a High priest? Are there reasons to be part of the huge and growing corporation that is the Morman Church? Look into it, make an informed decision.

I'm all for freedom of religion, so go Mitt and everyone else, as far as being Mormon. More power to ya! I'm behind you all the way, whoever you are and whatever mumbo-jumbo gets you through the night is fine by me as long as you don't try to push it on me- but NOT as Prez where your divided allegiance comes into play.

Start here: Park Romney: What do you REALLY think of Mitt's campaign for the presidency?

Quoting Park Romney:
Mitt Romney’s religion, Mormonism, which is my former religion, having been a Mormon High Priest, like Mitt still is, is a far bigger issue than most people realize and understand. In our rush to avoid being accused of being bigoted, in America, we have a natural tendency to want to steer clear of this topic. I will be the first to agree that to be arbitrarily dismissive of a man’s candidacy for the office of President, or any office for that matter, on the basis of his religion is definitely bigoted. “Arbitrarily dismissive” is the key phrase here..........

.........I could go on, and get into a discussion of his notion of human rights, as evidenced by his infamous “double Guantanamo” position, and on about the actual conflict of interest that his Priesthood covenants do, in fact, present him with.

End quote.

We're talking allegiance to the Constitution coming FIRST as well as maintaining separation of church and state here. Every situation is different, but should the religion of a candidate be considered along with his/her position in the hierarchy of his/her church? I believe so.

And NO, Obama should not and will not bring this up. It should be left to others who have no personal, religious, or political ties to Obama

Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,043,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Y'all do know that Harry Reid is a Mormon, right?

Do you care?

Of course you don't. Someone's religion should be a private matter.
I care, and personally I would not vote for him for any office, although to my knowledge he is not a Melchizedek High Priest and he is not running for President or VP.

The LDS Church has a world wide agenda and we have enough parasites trying to usurp the organism- we don't need more. We have the Federal Reserve (a private bank, not Federal, no reserves) taking us over and sucking us dry. We do not need the Mormon Church in the mix.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,183,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Nobody should vote for a Mormon High Priest for President (or any priest). Get curious and study the Mormon oaths, agenda, corporate structure, and beliefs which are based on a false story (by their own admission). Then consider the separation of church and state. Would you want a PRIEST of any religious hierarchy (NOT lay parishoner, but PRIEST) as POTUS? Do you want a POTUS who believes that the "local god" was a man and he lives on planet Kolob? And what if he doesn't believe? Why then is he a High priest? Are there reasons to be part of the huge and growing corporation that is the Morman Church? Look into it, make an informed decision.
I'm just really, really curious, DifferentDrum, why -- after I've tried to pin you down on these issues at least three times previously -- you have continued to ignore my posts? You keep posting the same things over and over and you have yet to answer my questions. Why is that? The last time I asked you, you apologized for missing it and asked me to directl you to my post, which I did. You still ignored me? Something tells me it's because you know that I know what I'm talking about and you can't refute what I've been saying.

Incidentally, my atheist brother-in-law loves telling people he used to be a Priest in the LDS Church. He gets a real kick out of watching their reactions. Do you know what it takes to be a Priest in the LDS Church? Basically, you have to be male and still be attending Church when you turn 16 years old. To be a High Priest, you have to still be attending when you're quite a bit older. It's not what you seem to think it is.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
I encourage you to, I hope/pray you will.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 PM

39,955 posts, read 26,699,151 times
Absolutely, they should go for it. Finally do something honest. Show what a bunch of intolerant, religious bigots the modern Democratic party is (at least partly) composed of. If it wasn't true...this thread wouldn't exist.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 PM

831 posts, read 683,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
How can you prove that?

Harry Reid is a Mormon. It's not something that Rove attacks him for. It's true that Reid is a nimrod, and deserves criticism. But, no one attacks his faith.

Well, Democrats are the ones who are looking down on Mormons.

It's OK if Harry Reid is a Mormon.
It's not OK if Romney is a Mormon.

Funny how it always works that way with Democrats.

And yet term the President as barack HUSEIN obama - relating his name as some sort of distant relative of saddam hussein.

And calling him a muslim, like some terrorist. And what about the birther BS - a non American Citizen.

All the names conjured by republiturds.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,170,062 times
LOLOLOLLLLLL!!! The GOP'ers go after the President for a faith that is NOT his, but Romney's crazy religion is off limits?????? Come the hell ON.... the Mormons are NUTS..... they thought that the Garden of Eden was in Independence,Missouri! An Angel named Maroni, Golden Plates..... LMAO!!!
SUCH a double standard!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
NO! That would be LOW.
Yes, as low as the non-stop attacks on Obama's faith. It is best to not bring yourself down to the level of your worst critics.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I think he shouldn't necessarily attack him, however make it clearly known that Willard is a mormon. He keeps it on the DL for good reason. I think if many of the american people knew he was a mormon, that would have a strong negative impact against him.
What nonsense! Everyone who has turned on the news in the past year knows Mitt is a Mormon! Same goes with everyone who has been on the internet.

On the down low? Why in the world do you think that? You must have been living in a closet for months if you think voters don't know of Romney's religion. It has already had a strong Republican negative impact on him, during the entire prolonged primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections