Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I think you are speaking of a term obama is quite pleased with.. He endorses the name, because his name is in it, and with his ego, that is enough.
You have anything else, or are you defeated and finished...?
The origin of the term Obamacare would be interesting to know. Someone conjured it up, so the creator is identifiable. It's also a carryover from Hillarycare, a term used in the mid-90s, which she couldn't pull off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 AM

27,169 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Oh, gawd... not another Republicans whining about being "victims" thread!
Actually, us "lib-tards" are just trying to play "catch-up"...

The Pretty Darn Exhaustive Obama Nickname List

That's not what this thread is about at all.
You knew that.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I've come to expect those words and juvenile references from the left. I'm not talking about morons posting on forums; I'm talking about those in power and the ones who surround them. I really can't imagine Romney speaking like 0bama and his people.

0bama has the mentality of a 12 year old bully on the school playground. This goes down well for those who adore him. They eat it up.

It is interesting to ponder what draws people to different political 'sects.' I think definitely one of the things the left has going for it right now is that it offers a home for people who have an emotional need to hate, for whatever reason. That's why you find the Dan Savages, Spencer Ackermans, & so forth on the left.

There are several posters on here who obviously just cannot resist calling Romney "Mittens," "Willard" etc. You see in on the right sometimes too--"Obummer," etc--but it's not an epidemic as it is on the left.

I figure that anyone who even runs for prez is risking his/her life to some extent. Ten of 44 presidents ended up being shot at somewhere along the line, so they do deserve a certain respect for that, IMO.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well seeing the Cons in here like to throw around the word "Liberturd" quite, well liberally, I would say nicknames and name calling comes from both sides....it is basically apart of our American culture, even if some of the Cons that have posted on here so far want to pretend it only comes from the left and not their precious right.
Teabagger? Astroturf? You guys are no saints.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:18 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,169,739 times
I think the name-calling is about equal on both sides.

From the Left - RMoney, Mitt-wit, Mitt for brains, Mittens, Nazis, teabaggers, astroturf, KKK, xenophobes, paranoid, ignorant, 1%, fascists

From the Right - Obamination, Obozo, Obummer, Oblamo, President Kardashian, President Crybaby, Liberloons, libturds,

Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,373,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Romnesia is tame compared to "Magic Negro"
And who pray tell is responsible for that?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,169,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It was Puff the Magic Dragon's fault!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I think you are speaking of a term obama is quite pleased with.. He endorses the name, because his name is in it, and with his ego, that is enough.
You have anything else, or are you defeated and finished...?
Oh, baloney! I watched that first debate where Romney tossed that epithet, and that's what it is, at Obama in an obvious attempt to needle him. That was the first time Obama ever said he liked that term.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,166,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Bao4VUQmI

Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Romnesia is tame compared to "Magic Negro"
Agreed. I'm talking about personal type slurs used by the candidates themselves, for general consumption ... by the world.

Personally, I hadn't heard that many about Obama, but after reading the list in one of the posts, the only one I (and many others) probably remember is "Obama Bin Laden," when his birthplace/religion were under fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections