Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,034,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
obama says that he likes the term obamacare. He is proud of it, it was not used to try to "needle" him. If nothing else it would be a compliment in obama's narcissistic mind.

I don't care about the nicknames on here or other places, but it is completely immature and unprofessional for a candidate to do it or a member of the press.
If you dont mind, can we get a link for that comment, or is that just your layman's opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I call BS on your call of BS. Read the damn transcript. Romney said that he used the term "with all respect" and Obama responded positively. And if you watch the debate on video, both appeared to be quite sincere.

Explain to me how "Obamacare" is perjorative. What about 'Reaganomics,' "Carter Doctrine,' 'Bush tax cuts,' etc. Were these all perjorative? What is exactly the criterion that makes such a term perjorative or not?
"All due respect" my, uh, foot! He was about as sincere as nothing. Just like he glibly told Jim Leherer he wanted to fire him, probably also "with all due respect". Are you interested in my beachfront property here in Colorado?

What makes a term pejorative is its use. RWNJs use "Obamacare" to describe the ACA.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
If nothing else it would be a compliment in obama's narcissistic mind.
I'd like the link to this one. Some hack psychologist made this "talk show type" assessment about him and, within the last year, I heard this narcissism label that has stuck among those who dislike him. If anybody is narcissistic, it's anybody in the Romney clan. Let's get real. BTW, all politicians and entertainers typically score higher than the average person on tests to measure narcissism. If they didn't, they wouldn't be politicians and entertainers.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 AM

32,818 posts, read 19,511,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I saw the "Romnesia" comment on the homepage today. Election banter is starting to get a little "below the belt." This won't change the way I will vote, but I can't wait until this is over. This election has pitted so many people against each other, including friends and family members. I know it's getting down to the wire.

What do you think of these "nicknames" and "wordsmithing?" Is this a standard in Presidential campaigning? Other examples?

tricky dicky...nixon
clutsy jerry...ford
car salesman jimmy...carter
raygun
slick willy
read my lips....hwbush
dubya
obummer
obozo
obusha

etc

Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"All due respect" my, uh, foot! He was about as sincere as nothing. Just like he glibly told Jim Leherer he wanted to fire him, probably also "with all due respect". Are you interested in my beachfront property here in Colorado?

What makes a term pejorative is its use. RWNJs use "Obamacare" to describe the ACA.
and some posters here use the OFFENSIVE term RWNJ

Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Romney initiated that conversation. I"d bet my life's savings he was trying to rattle or anger Obama.

It should be called the Affordable Care Act.

Your last question is just argumentative.

no it shouldnt be called that, since it does the exact opposite

Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and some posters here use the OFFENSIVE term RWNJ
Oh, yes, because that is sooooo much worse than "*******."

Old 10-21-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, yes, because that is sooooo much worse than "*******."
no its not..I have never used that term

question is why you would go to the childish way of " well he did it first"

Old 10-21-2012, 02:06 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

question is why you would go to the childish way of " well he did it first"
When did I say that?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
When did I say that?
you know, I am not that good with reading between the line (usually take thing quite literal)

but ...when some one says this.."""""Oh, yes, because that is sooooo much worse than "*******." """" in response to this """"and some posters here use the OFFENSIVE term RWNJ""""""...it certainly sound like you are saying its ok , because that one did that first

maybe I am wrong, or reading you incorrectly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections