Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 AM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times

Advertisements

Oh thank you random person for calling me from the (insert political party Democrat or Republican here)
Had you not called me, I would have had no idea who to vote for in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Yeah, i get 3-7 of them a day and have been for MONTHS. They actually started back in March, then slacked off some . . . and since July, it has gotten bad again. I don't know why they call b/c I don't answer the phone, or if I do, I just hang on and say nothing til they hang up. Or sometimes I hit the # repeatedly just to make a noise and hope they will hang up and take me off their list.

Nothing works.

They keep calling. Some are repeat calls that have been doing this for months. Sometimes, it is a new organization that shows up on Caller ID.

I will be glad when this election is over, for more than one reason, lolololol.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
I tend to get them in the early afternoon when I am trying to take a nap before working from 3pm until 2am. Most are from Romney robo calls. if they only knew that I wouldn't vote for him even if he was the only choice.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM

901 posts, read 1,898,414 times
We live in a swing state (NV) and have not received one political call.

The parties get your phone number from the voter registration rolls. You are not required to provide a phone number when you register to vote. Same thing is true if you donate to a political party or candidate. If they ask for it, just say no. Once they have your number, they will harass you for eternity, but they can't bother you if they don't know it.

I don't know if re-registering without listing a phone number or not would make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
I hate to tell you all this, but the calls I am getting are not donation calls (they leave messages!) but are from pollsters, and the few I have picked up have been skewed to Obama, not Romney.

Also, there have been gay rights groups who called b/f NC's vote on Amendment One.

There is a big internet campaign going on (maybe you have had someone send you info?) that the Obama pollsters are out there bigtime and to always tell a pollster you are 100% voting for Obama, even if you are for Romney, so that the polls will be skewed and therefore, Obama folks will feel more confident than they should.

Seriously! I couldn't make this stuff up.

I just don't bother to answer the phone. I work from home and the calls are very interruptive.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
We live in a swing state (NV) and have not received one political call.
I couldnt tell you if I receive them or not.

When you call my house, you get routed to a voice system,

press 1 to speak to pghquest
press 2 to speak to gf
press 3 to speak to child 1
press 4 to speak to child 2

most automated telemarketing systems cancel out at the first point, and if its a human dialing, by clicking 1, it goes right to voice mail.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,487 times
One of the few benefits of living in a one party rule state.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
It's so thoughtful of them to call so frequently, just to keep in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections