Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Obama is not going to release those records, he has something to hide in those papers and that has been obvious for the last 4 years.
Think Obama should release contingent upon Romney's release of his actual and amended tax returns going back the same period of time. Given Romney chose to say " when I am President... numerous times at the third debate, it's the least he can do.

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The dot starts here

Dear kshe, I connected the dots for you. To follow the dots read from the start of this post to the end. If you are reading this congratulations. The dots end here. after its all spelled out for you can you now connect the dots?

So if you are going to accuse someone of deflection and know what you are talking about then after you connect the dots you would know "you are wr...wr....wr....wrong"! Think before you show your ignorance.
There arent any dots, merely a Rorsch blot of unattached posts that you perceive as dots.....still has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
You Obama fans are all up in arms, but why? It seems like you also have some fear regarding his transcript.

I say, release it. And while youre at it, lets make ALL presidents that enter the WH have to release their college transcripts, etc. I have no problem with the transparency for either party. Make Romney do it as well when he enters office.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
the entire "college transcripts" fuss is based on the myth that obama may have applied to occidental college as an indonesian citizen with a fulbright scholarship. the catalyst for this myth is nothing less than an april fool's day joke from 2009:

snopes.com: Barack Obama Was a Foreign College Student?

to easily debunk this myth you can look directly at indonesian citizenship requirements to see that obama has yet to qualify:

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and/or look at the requirements for the fulbright scholarship:

Fulbright scholarships for Indonesian undergrads | Obama Conspiracy Theories

if trump prefers not to look like a fool i'd suggest not basing his beliefs on nothing more than april fool's day pranks.

i can't see this ending well for romney.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:43 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You don't negotiate with terrorists--or a$$hats.
We don't agree often mb, but I'm with you on this one.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Think Obama should release contingent upon Romney's release of his actual and amended tax returns going back the same period of time. Given Romney chose to say " when I am President... numerous times at the third debate, it's the least he can do.

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns
Maybe Trump would offer $5M for those as well!!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
It seems like you also have some fear regarding his transcript.
no fear (and honestly i wish he would) but i don't see any upside for him to do so. we've had his official certified COLB available since june of 2009 and his long form available for over a year yet the birthers still claim he hasn't released his birth certificate. why do you believe it will be different with his college transcripts?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
I think this is what Obama meant when he promised "transparency"....

Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
no fear (and honestly i wish he would) but i don't see any upside for him to do so. we've had his official certified COLB available since june of 2009 and his long form available for over a year yet the birthers still claim he hasn't released his birth certificate. why do you believe it will be different with his college transcripts?
Exactly. Trump's claim is that the $5M will be paid when the records are released 'to his satisfaction'. Now, if he is still unwilling to accept the COLB, why on earth would anyone trust him to pay the money?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
There are many people still alive today who supported those "colored restrooms" in your state. The Democratic primary results definitely show that. The only states where Obama was in danger of not getting his party's nomination were Oklahoma and West Virginia, and nobody will deny that WV is racist because it's a pit of racism and other despicable attitudes.
There may be people alive who support that, but not many, and they aren't very public about it. Secondly, it wasn't because of race. You continue to just show your ignorance of the south in general. Oklahoma is in the Bible Belt. It's more about religion than skin color. If the candidate supports gay marriage or abortion, they're not going to get many votes in Oklahoma. It doesn't matter if they are black or not.

Quote:
Lil Wayne said OKLA was racist...
Ohh so it must be true! You know why he said that? Because the OKC THUNDER staff wouldn't kick fans out of their purchased seat to give him one, because he wanted to go to the game, though he didn't have a ticket. The game was sold out. Since he's famous, he thought he should be able to get in regardless. That isn't racism, it's just an excuse.

Quote:
[LEFT]Republican state Rep. Sally Kern who, during debate in support of the (ending affirmative action...something I actually agree with) bill, questioned whether there were disproportionately high numbers of blacks in prison because “they didn’t want to work hard in school.”
[LEFT]
Evidence suggests women and minorities in Oklahoma do face discrimination in employment, home ownership and education, according to a 2012 study by the Henderson Center for Social Justice at the University of California’s Berkeley Law.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]According to the study, the African-American unemployment rate in Oklahoma was more than double that of white Oklahomans in 2010, and white women, and minority men and women all earn “substantially less” per year than white men. The poverty rates for blacks and Hispanics also is more than double the rate for whites, and minority children are more likely to attend low-performing schools, the study shows.
“There is ample evidence that disparity is still prevalent in the state of Oklahoma,” the study concludes. “While there are some promising trends in the public sector, it is clear that discrimination and disparity have not yet been fully remedied in housing, education, employment and other sectors.”[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The fact that an incumbent president can get less than 75% of his own party's vote in a year he runs unopposed is an OBVIOUS sign of racism, despite the claims of otherwise.

[/LEFT]

I don't like Obama, but for policy reasons. I do not buy into birtherism, Communism, or transcriptism or any of those other insane and obviously racist attempts to discredit him. I simply decide against him on his big-government policies and paternalistic idealism in the Drug War and other vice-based laws...and that is why nobody has ever accused me of being a racist on any board or comment section of an article when I state proudly: "I'm voting for Gary Johnson because I don't agree with Obama's policies".
[/LEFT]
As for the rest of your nonsense, come to Oklahoma then talk about how much racism there is here. I guarantee unless you try to start something, you're not going to see a bit of it just by walking around and talking to people.

But again, just because people don't vote for Obama (even in OK or WV) doesn't mean it's because they're racist. It's because they don't agree with his policies. That's where I fall. Again, I could care less about the color of his skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections