Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 PM

194 posts, read 298,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
If the Right Wing is comfortable with Romney/Ryan lies, should the rest of us be?
I like Romney and Ryan's "lies" more than I like Obama and Biden's lies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,135,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Yes, we should trust a man that promised to cut the debt in half in his first term but added over $5T to it. We should trust a man who told us Obamacare would save money and we could keep our current plan and Dr if we like them. A man who told us if we passed stimulus unemployment would be 5.4% now. A man that lied about the attack on our embassy. A man who has communist ties in his family and was raised as a Moslem in an Islamic country hating America and wants to change America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Thanks. If you hate Obama that bad, he must be the one to vote for.

I notice you didn't even mention Romney in your post, much less address the fact that he has held and announced multiple positions on issues in a single day. We may end up with Romney, but I don't think anyone can say exactly what they'll have if they get him.

Notice the poor bait & switch he pulls.

Comparing what someone said they would do to what someone said they did do is stupid. But that's the only straw that people like him have to grasp.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,360,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are full of it.
What is not 100% true in my post?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Have you considered moving out of the USA? The next 4 yrs will be miserable for you.
You wish. Romney will win big.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Notice the poor bait & switch he pulls.

Comparing what someone said they would do to what someone said they did do is stupid. But that's the only straw that people like him have to grasp.
Are you saying it is stupid to call out Obama on his promises when we know he did not deliver on them? You are only guessing that Romney will not deliver on his promises.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,135,014 times
Quote:
Are you saying it is stupid to call out Obama on his promises when we know he did not deliver on them? You are only guessing that Romney will not deliver on his promises.
No. If you want to call Obama undependable, unable to do what he's promised, a hopeless dreamer, etc... fine. But to call him a liar in the same context that Romney has LIED repeatedly about facts that have happened is absurd.

You're comparing two things that aren't comparable.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,717,648 times
I once had a boss who was truly a pathological liar. If he said it was raining, you would look outside to check before you passed it on. 0bama reminds me of that boss.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,139,042 times
Disagreeing is fine, but I'm sick of the ignorance directed towards our President. If you want to have a debate based on facts and logical thinking, then that's great. But when you say he's a Muslim, he wasn't really born here, and he deserves to be impeached you lose ALL credibility. If you really believe those things then you are so far gone there's no point in arguing with you.

Romney has flip flopped his positions to depend who he's speaking to. When he's talking to a bunch of rich guys he believes half the country is entitled moochers. When he's talking to the average Joe watching the debate oh now he cares about 100% of people. I'm absolutely AMAZED that the guy is heard saying half of our country are entitled bums and the race is as close as it is. If I detested Obama I would just stay home and not vote for anyone after I heard my candidate say that. You're going to be President of the freaking United States and you're caught on film saying you don't care about half its population and yet you still have a hope of being elected?

Republicans thought Bush deserved a second term and now Democrats are morons because we want to give our guy another term? Yeah okay. Giving YOUR guy another term put us into a lot of this mess we're in today.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,918,697 times
Quote:
Yes, we should trust a man that promised to cut the debt in half in his first term but added over $5T to it. We should trust a man who told us Obamacare would save money and we could keep our current plan and Dr if we like them. A man who told us if we passed stimulus unemployment would be 5.4% now. A man that lied about the attack on our embassy. A man who has communist ties in his family and was raised as a Moslem in an Islamic country hating America and wants to change America.
If anyone had told the truth in 2008, that it sucked, really, really sucked to be us and with some luck, it was likely going to take a decade to turn the corner, would you have voted for him?

Living in Indonesia between the ages of 6-10 is hardly being raised as a Muslim in an Islamic country, or perhaps you are referring to the country of Hawaii?

BTW, most Muslims are not terrorists and Communism is so 50-60's.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,918,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post
I like Romney and Ryan's "lies" more than I like Obama and Biden's lies
I can respect this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections