Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Yeah, it's SOOOOO exciting to vote, for the first time.
I found it especially exciting to vote the first time and have ever since, but it certainly wasn't like the first time. How sad that you didn't have that experience. Didn't your parents take you with when they voted? Perhaps that is part of what makes it a big deal for some.

Quote:
I'm sure all virgin's "first times" are soooo exciting, not awkward at all, and not a learning experience they LEARN FROM and NEVER want to repeat. Ever again.
I hate to tell you, but if that was your experience or the experience of the woman you were with, you did it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
OMG please just stop!

It is a sexual innuendo relating it to the first time having sex as voting......

Are you surrounded by the grand canyon because of all that digging you are doing?
"The greatest thing by far is to be a master of metaphor. It is the one thing that cannot be learned from others; it is also a sign of genius, since a good metaphor implies an eye for resemblance."
-Aristotle, De Poetica.

Don't worry, Milborn. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 PM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,844 times
He's not the first leader to tie together the idea of virginity and first time voting:

Putin advert targets Russia's 'virgin' voters - video | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
Dupes. The old definition of a demon is a rapidly moving spirit..a hyper active liberal girl with a tat on her right shoulder. Evil and stupidity are brother and sister. Why is it those with the lower IQ want to embrace and vote for Obama? If over 70% of the voters are dumb...then that means a win for Obama- One of the flaws in democracy...is the fact that the majority is always wrong...I see celebs encouraging these young people to vote...They know they are not very away and thus will vote for Obama.....

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,531,525 times
She just saw a big O and voted for it. Talk about a one issue voter. LOL

Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,269,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I found it especially exciting to vote the first time and have ever since, but it certainly wasn't like the first time. How sad that you didn't have that experience. Didn't your parents take you with when they voted? Perhaps that is part of what makes it a big deal for some.
Of course you did.

How pathetic that you remember that as a highlight of your childhood and it still gets you all warm and fuzzy. Apparently it doesn't take much.

Quote:
I hate to tell you, but if that was your experience or the experience of the woman you were with, you did it wrong.
I hate to tell you that I AM a woman (I don't "do" women) , and hey, you are a little more special than anyone else I KNOW, being that you knew it all your first time around. Good for you. Why don't you write a book.

Next?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Of course you did.

How pathetic that you remember that as a highlight of your childhood and still gets you all warm and fuzzy. Apparently it doesn't take much.
You think its pathetic when parents introduce their children to the privileges of citizenship. Didn't your school at least hold mock elections for the presidential race? Boy, I feel sorry for you if you don't get some sort of excitement out of her first voting experience. Sad really.

Quote:
I hate to tell you that I AM a woman (I don't "do" women)
Both men and women do have sex as in "you did IT wrong."

Quote:
and hey, you are a little more special than anyone else I KNOW, being that you knew it all your first time around. Good for you. Why don't you write a book.

Next?
Why do you assume that "knowing it all" is what would make a first time special. Your very premise is implausible actually. First time implies novice. And if you actually take the time to read my post, you'll see that I talked about "feelings" not technique.

Next?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,051,460 times

Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,952,147 times
I recall a TV ad for a hot car that was introduced as"the first time". I just can't remember the car brand, i know someone can ?This has been used many times in the AD world.
Again, not much substance, sort of like "theDonald"..just one more sign of the times. O, I forgot Glen Beck, and Sister Sara. They are back, just in time for the right wing Witch Christeen O'Donell to fly in on her broom. Hard to beleve ! But true. All women should be aware they are in the sites of these tea party types, barefoot and Prego that's the way to treat women in Romney world. Just turning back the clock about 100 years.One day all women will join in mass and take over getting their human rights back.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
He's not the first leader to tie together the idea of virginity and first time voting:

Putin advert targets Russia's 'virgin' voters - video | World news | guardian.co.uk
And he wasn't the first either. "Virgin voters" appeared in the English magazine Punch in 1929, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections