Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
I saw the commercial, all I can say is that it is classless, trashy, and typical of Obama and his supporters. It's really sad that our president needs to stoop this low in trying to get the female vote. You would think the average woman would be insulted by these disgusting commercials.
I guess it's "commericals" like this that Obama for America took out a $15 million loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 AM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
wow!

The spin and deflection have reached an insane level. I sense panic and frustration from the uber-liberal wing struts. So much so, I just took the +170 odds on Obama being a one-term President. I'm feeling Reaganesque when I see a President reaching this low in the immoral gutter for support. Maybe he should get the DumbAss team to make a support commercial as well.

That would really play to his base.
I wasn't spinning or deflecting (a common conservative tactic), I was asking a direct question... since the quote to which I was responding called this a "repulsive" ad, it makes sense to assume they think sex is repulsive. Right?

P.S. I'm not an "über liberal," I am actually a Libertarian who rides the fence on a number of issues - not to mention, I am mostly supporting Johnson in this election. Speaking of deflections, LOL.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 AM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Haha... I love how my iPhone auto-corrects "über" to look all fancy.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Jeez, you people are uptight. The ad is meant to appeal to Dunham's fanbase, not repressed individuals who see the analogy between the first time voting and the first time having sex as something trashy and classless. And if you are going to find anything objectionable, it should be with the heterosexist nature of the ad. But I'm willing to let that pass as Obama is actually male. Would be interesting to see what this ad would have been if it was Hillary running.
Who is Lena Dunham???

Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Who is Lena Dunham???
Hopefully not related to Stanley Ann!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:53 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,468,609 times
Default Lena DUNHAM -stumps for Obama in a creepy online video

O.K.

His mother's name is ann DUNHAM.

The video is full of innuendo and it's creepy.

You be the judge.

Lena Dunham: Your First Time - YouTube

Just ewww!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
I think it's fabulous. It's hard not to respect Lena Dunham - at 23 she wrote, directed, and starred in her first feature film that won all kinds of awards and now at 26, she is the creator, director, writer, executive producer, and star of a very successful HBO show that earned her 4 Emmy nominations. She is more successful and talented than most people will be in their entire lives - and she has only just started hers. And she's done it while not being conventionally attractive in an industry where top billing women tend to be bombshells.

The video isn't creepy - it's creative and it works. After all, it made you take notice, right?

As far as her last name, Dunham is one of the most common last names in the US. I know quite a few - none with the slightest relation to Barack Obama. Keep stretching.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Who is Lena Dunham???
A 26 year old who already has an HBO show that she created, writes, directs, and produces to her credit - with 4 Emmy nominations to boot! I wonder what most of the people on this forum had done by 26... or by 23/24 - how old Dunham was when she wrote, directed, and starred in her first award winning film, Tiny Furniture. What had the people in this thread accomplished by 24? (I had already beaten stage IV cancer while working full time - reason enough why I will not vote Romney and consider his policies a vote against cancer survivors.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Hopefully not related to Stanley Ann!
According to Name Statistics at Name Statistics - How popular are your first and last names? there are 22,500 people in the USA alone with that last name. Hope you didn't hurt your back with that stretch.

This thread justifies why friends don't let friends sleep with Republicans. The repression is astounding. For the record, I watched this ad at an event last night with some coworkers. These are mostly women in their 30s, married with children, well educated with masters degrees from Harvard and BU... and not a one had a problem with it. We all thought it was clever.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,511,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hey, if you actually thought about having sex with Obama or thought you were being told to have sex with Obama during that ad, you should think about why that is because that's something that the ad brought out in you that was already there. I'm not judging you for thinking about sex with Obama, but I definitely don't get it. But whatever floats your boat.
I never said I thought the ad made me think about having relations with Obama.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,626,452 times
First Big Bird and now this? No wonder Obama is out of money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections