Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My 2012 election prayer:

Dear God, rather than asking you that a certain candidate win the 2012 election, I pray that you give the great citizens of this country, and all countries, the wisdom, guidance and means to elect the person(s) who will fulfill your will. I pray that all citizens be accepting of that choice and work together, through your guidance and spirit, to make each of our own times on this earth, to be as rich and fulfilling, as you have planned. I ask that you provide all citizens of this world, the guidance to act with compassion and understanding towards fellow persons, abroad and at home, so that your peace will reign throughout.

Amen.
God doesn't seem to care if little girls are raped all over the world.

I'd think that would take precedence over an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Obviously. This was part of God's plan. OR Romney would've won. God just digs on Obama.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 AM

927 posts, read 587,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Very on point, MB. I agree and thank you for expanding on how ridiculous it is for people to call God into the outcome of an election.

I do believe we are given guidance through inspiration from God. If everyone believed that, then instead of praying for Obama to lose or for Romney to win, we would simply be praying for our leader, whomever he/she might be, to be given the power of good reason and be surrounded by those who can give good advice, so that he/she can make the best decisions for us all.

So sad to see all the division in this country.

I did not vote for Obama, but I have prayed for his protection and guidance every day while in office. To do otherwise does no honor to ourselves, each other as citizens of this country, and certainly not to whatever Higher Power we consider to be our God.
Well said. I was like that too where I thought that if I prayed hard enough Obama would lose but I think that helped actually strengthened his outcome as it gave Satan more room for leverage so in a way I am responsible to helping him win.

If anything it's Satan and his henchmen that can *pop* into our little bubble known as time and space to try and maneuver political outcomes thru planting *Seeds* into people's heads though it's our responsibility if we act on them or not.

I am learning that the best prayers that God answers are to help whoever is currently in charge see the truth and wisdom and I get a more peaceful feeling that is true not based on false hope over a particular outcome which will only wind up in sorry and frustration.

Once we put our minds on a particular outcome we are closed to the bigger picture par say and thus we close ourselves to God's will. Then we are more easily hijacked by interlopers to *claim* to be God and give us what we want to hear using our egos to boost it.

If it's going to come out of Pride then it isn't from God and you or I are being misled.

That's been the problem for America since the Federal Reserve was in place that we closed our minds to a particular outcome.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 AM

927 posts, read 587,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I hope Obama wins, but to say that a hurricane will put him in the WH for a second term and it came from God, is almost along the lines as the GOP guys saying stuff like "God intended the rape to happen".
Except we cannot see the full outcome. We only focus on the *Rape* but God can see what will most likely happen 10 years from now as he is outside of time and space. The *Rape* if the little girl learns to stand up to herself and earns herself self confidence could wind her a job that she likes when she is older where as if the rape didn't happen she would *stagnate* and never get the job she wants that requires a degree of self confidence and control.

In fact while she may have been raped if you or any of us preforms bad driving habits could wind up in a serious accident crippling us for life because we refused to heed warnings to be a safe driver so it's our own fault for refusing to listen by being stupid at the wheel or have our brains on pot while driving.

Each of us has our own lessons and **** we have to get together in ourselves and these experiences are manifests of our own conscience that is telling us to pull ourselves together.

It' s actually VERY wrong for the GOP to do nothing about it though and they will get the worst punishment for being Christain hypocrites like a millstone around their necks that will remind them for all eternity.
I personally think those GOP people will have a special place in hell where they have to experience being the little girl raped over and over again until they cry out to God for mercy when they realize the errors of their ways or be destroyed spiritually so they no longer exist even in spirit.

You can't have any worse punishment then that!

The bible says it's actually better to not believe in God at all then to pretend to believe in God but not follow by example as that still wont' allow you into heaven since God will know if you truly mean it or not in the end.

These hypocrites will gnash their teeth when they find out they couldn't fake their way to eternity.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 AM

993 posts, read 1,562,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
It' s actually VERY wrong for the GOP to do nothing about it though and they will get the worst punishment for being Christain hypocrites like a millstone around their necks that will remind them for all eternity.
I personally think those GOP people will have a special place in hell where they have to experience being the little girl raped over and over again until they cry out to God for mercy when they realize the errors of their ways or be destroyed spiritually so they no longer exist even in spirit.

The bible says it's actually better to not believe in God at all then to pretend to believe in God but not follow by example as that still wont' allow you into heaven since God will know if you truly mean it or not in the end.

These hypocrites will gnash their teeth when they find out they couldn't fake their way to eternity.
Wow. Good stuff.

I'm definitely not the biggest believer, but I do come from a family of highly devout Christians. Your thoughts are mine as well, except that I think it's true for Democratic politicians too. They ALL (Democrats and Republicans) like to pretend that they're these church-going, God-fearing people, but then they choose big money over the will and welfare of the people they're supposed to protect. They pick and choose when it's convenient to claim faithfulness based on how many votes it'll get them at any given time, while completely ignoring the words of the Bible, particularly the New Testament. And when they do do something right it's never because they genuinely had the people in mind, it's just because the money flow happened to line up that way.

I sure hope that being rich and powerful for the seven or so decades these politicians have of life on earth is worth the eternity they'll spend in Hell, according to their own purported beliefs - not mine.

Your part about nonbelievers not being as bad as fake believers is especially striking. Even as a skeptic myself, I find it egregiously appalling that anyone would fake religiosity just to get a few votes. Absolutely disgusting, and everyone in DC is guilty of it.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Come on. Another ancient thread long dead has been drug up again out of its peaceful slumber.
None of the mind sets in 2012 for or against Obama have changed since then. Why re-chew old cabbage?
I hope the mods lock this one and send it back to sleep for good and all. There is nothing new that can be contributed to it.

The member who posted this hasn't been active for over a year. If hotair has moved on, it's time for the rest of us to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections