Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sununu suggests Colin Powell's Obama endorsement racially driven - CBS News

At the height of an election that has been characterized as among the most racially polarizing in years, top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu on Thursday suggested that Colin Powell, the former Secretary of State under George W. Bush, endorsed President Obama in part due to race.

Sununu, the former Republican governor of New Hampshire and the co-chair of the Romney campaign, downplayed the significance of the endorsement to CNN's Piers Morgan, and suggested Powell, a Republican who also endorsed Mr. Obama in 2008, had a "slightly different reason" for doing so than other prominent politicians
Downplaying an endorsement (thats meaningless), doesnt make it about race.

And slighly different reasons dont equal black.. It could, but you have absolutely NO PROOF of that.

Good job at playing victim over something so dumb though.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 AM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
Read the article.
He is the co-chairman of the Romney campaign.
Skimmed and missed it....sorry....

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM

14,798 posts, read 14,792,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It was. How do you think Black America would have reacted when one of the most successful African American's announced he was voting for the white guy?

We all know what the reaction would be. No need to candy coat it or deny it.
race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card race card!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Stacy who? I'll ask again, how did the African American community react when Hermann Cain endorsed "the white guy"?

The answer is: they didn't react.

How did they react when Condi supported McCain? No reaction.
So you agree with Sununu that the endorsement should be downplayed, but thought you'd start another thread to moan and groan because you're black..

Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,794 times
Smile Romney campaign claims Powell endorsement was all about rce

Call me Claude Rains

Old 10-27-2012, 07:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your thread title is a complete lie....

Show me anywhere that Sununu is directly related with the Romney campaign.....
Jaysus! He's the freaking co-chair of his campaign! Didn't you see that on Fox News?

And his comments were disgraceful. I see there are some in the Repub party who are calling him out on his comments.

It's nice to know there are one or two level-headed folks in the Republican party.

They are not usually anywhere to be found on CD.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
I dont' know... How did they react when Hermann Cain endorsed "the white guy"? I dont' recall any kind of reaction. What are you talking about?
It seems to me, Cain has been called Uncle Tom, the same as all successful Black men who support GOP candidates or are Rupublican candidates themselves. How about Clanance Thomas or JC Watt?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you agree with Sununu that the endorsement should be downplayed, but thought you'd start another thread to moan and groan because you're black..
I am not black, both of my parents were Scandinavian. I am talking about sununu's comments. I have no clue what you mean about me agreeing the endorsement should be downplayed. I think Powell's endorsement is a big one, considering he is a powerful republican, and a conservative one (compared to Romney).

Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,231,763 times
Powell endorsed Obama in 2008 because he didn't like the direction the Republican Party was taking,....didn't like the fact that Republicans were tying Obama to Bill Ayers,...and he thought Obama's thought regarding the financial crisis was better than McCain. Per Powell, " ..McCain appeared unsteady in dealing with it, while Obama had excelled in handling the situation. Obama displayed a steadiness, an intellectual curiosity, a depth of knowledge."

Four years later Powell hasn't learned a damned thing, but still endorses the man who is hell-bent on destroying this country. Is that because of race,...or because Powell would like four more years of the same policies which are bringing this nation to its collective knees?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Talking Romney campaign claims Powell endorsement was all about rce

And exactly who couldn't see this coming several miles away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections