Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,478,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Aaaah, now I see what's going on. Yah, I really won't be joining you. If I have to endure another four years of this embarrassing mess, there is no way in hell I'm going to keep quiet about it.
I said "The President", that means it could be Romney, or Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM

3,430 posts, read 3,476,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Don't yank my chain with this bs. Here's your man. This REALLY pisses me off.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

So does this:

The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Who would try to apply for a position as an airplane pilot who had pledged to only turn the plane to the right? It is absurd, yet we have 270 congressman, including Mr. Ryan, McConnell, and Boehner who have done just that. Oh, and Romney has signed Norquist's pledge too! Give me a break. These people are an abject disgrace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I said "The President", that means it could be Romney, or Obama.

Yes i am already looking at romney as president. But regardless who wins if i hear they stole it claimed for the next 4-8 yrs again i will scream!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,834,929 times
I actually enjoy everyone here and what makes us all unique, in our beliefs

Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,478,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Yes i am already looking at romney as president. But regardless who wins if i hear they stole it claimed for the next 4-8 yrs again i will scream!
I believe that the person I was quoting seems to think I only meant the current President when I said "The President".

I have a feeling, you'll be screaming a lot, regardless of which one wins next week.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 PM

30,567 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You think i support obama? Well thats funny! I actually am worried of obama supporters rioting and complaining that romey cheated. 12 yrs later and they still claim bush stole it.
The point of me quoting you and the post you quoted was because that was brought up by Memphis in another thread.

I don't recall, ever, a Republican saying an election was "stolen" from them. That game belongs to the libs.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM

3,430 posts, read 3,476,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The point of me quoting you and the post you quoted was because that was brought up by Memphis in another thread.

I don't recall, ever, a Republican saying an election was "stolen" from them. That game belongs to the libs.
I just went back and reread your post. I understand now you were not insulting me by calling me a lib.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The C-D pledge to unite after election thread

How much uniting was there after the last Presidential election?

And the one before that? And before that?

Forget it.
It has to start somewhere. And the OP never said everyone should just agree on everything. He said:
Quote:
I propose that after the election regardless who wins we pledge to keep our citizism of the president to policy issues only. Family, religous beliefs, personal beliefs to right to life or pro choice, where a president was born, etc should be kept off these boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Link?
You can't possibly be serious? Links to name calling? Look at any, and I mean any thread on the P&OC forums.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
will we all unite and work together? Probably not, that is what makes this forum interesting, if nothing else. Can we be a little more civilized? you bet, I am sick of the name calling regardless who does it. I do think the libs are a little more guilty, but both sides are to blame..

Now, we can disagree all we want, but it would be nice if we act somewhat like adults and post our views, first without name calling and second remember opinions are not facts. The are just opinions, whther right or wrong, left or right.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 AM

16,952 posts, read 16,834,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
will we all unite and work together? Probably not, that is what makes this forum interesting, if nothing else. Can we be a little more civilized? you bet, I am sick of the name calling regardless who does it. I do think the libs are a little more guilty, but both sides are to blame..

Now, we can disagree all we want, but it would be nice if we act somewhat like adults and post our views, first without name calling and second remember opinions are not facts. The are just opinions, whther right or wrong, left or right.
Exactly. Can you imagine if we all wanted the same things, the same prez, the same everything? There would be no conflict here and this could get boring..lol...

Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,429,020 times
Seeing as being pro-choice and/or anti-choice is a major policy issue I will continue to talk about that. It ain't a "personal belief," nor is their anything private about wanting the government to probe lady parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections