Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Seeing as being pro-choice and/or anti-choice is a major policy issue I will continue to talk about that. It ain't a "personal belief," nor is their anything private about wanting the government to probe lady parts.
Thats not what i was meaning. Yes pro choice or pro life are issues. But attacking someone whos one or the other isnt an issue. Example. Who is president and if they are pro life is a issue when the talk is about supreme court, but to attack him just because hes pro life is a non issue. Talk about why his policy matters. Instead of name calling.

Last edited by mike0618; 10-29-2012 at 10:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Seeing as being pro-choice and/or anti-choice is a major policy issue I will continue to talk about that. It ain't a "personal belief," nor is their anything private about wanting the government to probe lady parts.
No it isn't a major policy issue.

It's a political football and fundraising issue....that has gone through a number of administrations and hasn't changed course much.

Bickering over abortion is just fake grandstanding for votes and money.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
To the OP....the radicals around here will all scream and cry foul when their guy loses next week.

I had hopes that it would not be a close election, but that is not to be.

I'm voting for neither.

The irony of 2 nearly identical candidates being seen by the party loyalists as vastly different from each other is rich indeed.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am starting this thread because I am sick of the infighting on these boards. I propose that after the election regardless who wins we pledge to keep our citizism of the president to policy issues only. Family, religous beliefs, personal beliefs to right to life or pro choice, where a president was born, etc should be kept off these boards. We need to unite behind whoever wins.

There is still plenty to complain about. Size of goverment, apppointees, green energy etc... This are not attack issues based on the person. They are policy based. If we continue to be devided we will fall.

The lies and hate coming out is getting worse by the day from both sides and if it continues it will pull us apart.

Please join me in pledging to keep it in house. Dont bring the personal attacks to C-D. Keep it policy based.
That's good. So does that mean you'll set an example by not starting paranoid threads yourself like, Proof of weighted polls to show obama winning, or The Dem Blame Game, where your complaint is simply that you don't like Democrats criticizing Republicans?!!

Although since you also seem to be interested in the subject of Aspergers, would suggest you also look further into the concept of empathy, aka, the ability to step outside your own perceptions and put yourself in other folks' shoes.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
I pledge to contiune to fight to end Obamacare.
I pledge to continue to support political efforts to reduce the national debt and end the era of trillion dollar annual budget shortfalls.

I pledge to continue the fight to get the EPA out of the business of regulating CO2.
I pledge to continue the fight for a smaller government.
I pledge to continue the fight to create a business friendly envirornment.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:00 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's good. So does that mean you'll set an example by not starting paranoid threads yourself like, Proof of weighted polls to show obama winning, or The Dem Blame Game, where your complaint is simply that you don't like Democrats criticizing Republicans?!!

Although since you also seem to be interested in the subject of Aspergers, would suggest you also look further into the concept of empathy, aka, the ability to step outside your own perceptions and put yourself in other folks' shoes.
I said once election is over. The next week is fair game. Fyi my son has aspergers not me. And neither of those threads are calling dems names. They were pointing out ill truths. Both are valid points.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am starting this thread because I am sick of the infighting on these boards. I propose that after the election regardless who wins we pledge to keep our citizism of the president to policy issues only. Family, religous beliefs, personal beliefs to right to life or pro choice, where a president was born, etc should be kept off these boards. We need to unite behind whoever wins.

There is still plenty to complain about. Size of goverment, apppointees, green energy etc... This are not attack issues based on the person. They are policy based. If we continue to be devided we will fall.

The lies and hate coming out is getting worse by the day from both sides and if it continues it will pull us apart.

Please join me in pledging to keep it in house. Dont bring the personal attacks to C-D. Keep it policy based.
Great concept. Sign me up--IF the winner of the election refrains from attacking my business, harassing me, hectoring me, lecturing me, insinuating that I'm not doing my fair share when I absolutely do (plus carry seven deadbeats on my back), etc., etc., etc.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Once we get the Great Divider out of office, I bet we all do feel a little more like a melting pot once again.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As long as you don't ask me to compromise on my freedom, we can talk.
Obama claimed that as president you should work for everyone. Obama will not work for me, he will only take from me.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:53 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times
Alas, based on many of the previous posts, I think not!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections