Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times

Advertisements

How exactly does proposing to do away with the mortgage deduction and child care deduction help me? Let me guess I would pay less in federal taxes and that would offset the loss of the two deductions mentioned above? I have a bridge to sell you if...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
How in the world could anyone trust Romney. He will say anything he thinks will help him at that moment. Will not release any information on his taxes other that the two years he massaged to look better than reality. When he speaks, turn the sound off and look at his face ..... he more shifty than "Tricky Dick". Then turn the sound up and hear him flat out lie, and he doesn't even care that you know it because he will say something different 2 days later. Trust this guy? Not a chance!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
How exactly does proposing to do away with the mortgage deduction and child care deduction help me? Let me guess I would pay less in federal taxes and that would offset the loss of the two deductions mentioned above? I have a bridge to sell you if...
You answered your own question but don't want to hear it. Romney hasn't said he intends to take away those deductions. And he's specifically said he won't touch the largest of those deductions, the mortgage deduction for the middle class.

Here is some reading for you

PolitiFact | Obama says Romney could take away middle class tax deductions

Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 AM

993 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:
How exactly does believing Obama's lies help you? He even lied about the study he quoted in the first debate accusing Romney of wanting to raise taxes on the middle class. The Princeton economist had to come out to try to clear up the record. Let me guess.....you never heard about that from the liberal media.

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
How exactly does believing Obama's lies help you? He even lied about the study he quoted in the first debate accusing Romney of wanting to raise taxes on the middle class. The Princeton economist had to come out to try to clear up the record. Let me guess.....you never heard about that from the liberal media.

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan | The Weekly Standard

And that should shut the morons up, but sadly, they will still lie and when that doesn't work, deflect, then blame Bush.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

And that should shut the morons up, but sadly, they will still lie and when that doesn't work, deflect, then blame Bush.
Wrong order. They'll lie, then blame Bush, then when that doesn't work they'll start the deflection tactics

Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Wrong order. They'll lie, then blame Bush, then when that doesn't work they'll start the deflection tactics
My mistake!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Obama can’t get enough revenues to rein in the budget deficit by taxing only the wealthy. "There aren’t enough rich people and small businesses to tax to pay for all their spending

The next time you hear them say, ‘Don’t worry about it, we’ll get a few wealthy people to pay their fair share,’ watch out, middle class, the tax bill’s coming to you."

Obama wants to extend the Bush tax cuts on "income" for "one year".

Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM

They don't lie, they are uninformed and don't understand. They only understand what the media tells them. They forget all this feel good stuff does cost money but maybe not, they know it is paid for by other people who are away from their families but the liberal "feel goods" who say they care so much do not care. So is it a lie or is it being uninformed. They do not know any better.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:26 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Well technically Romney isn't admitting he will do this, because he has still refused to name the deductions and credits he would do away with and reduce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections