Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times

Advertisements

He basically describes Mitt Romney and today's GOP to a T.

FDR: "Let me warn you..." (1936) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,596,020 times
Like FDR,Obama has presided over unprecedented unemployment and despair.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
I want my free stuff

Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I want my free stuff
Which totally explains why you are voting for Romney. Other then PBS and Planned parenthood Romney says he isn't going to raise taxes or really cut spending. He is basically giving away free stuff.

It is like FDR said. Romney wants to do everything Obama is doing he just claims he will do it better, do more of it, and have it not cost anybody anything.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Geeze....... FDR made MONEY illegal and you would vote for him, or someone like him again?

Well one thing is for sure no student under 50, ever once has held a real dollar in their hand one time in their whole life, so Hell why not vote for more misery and less Freedom....

Why is it the left thinks things are Free from the Govt? Nothing is Free. If the Govt wants to give out free stuff the Govt needs to go to work and earn it and quit stealing it from those of us who work for a living.

The Govt needs to run a big bake sale or something.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Like FDR,Obama has presided over unprecedented unemployment and despair.
Like FDR, Obama is working to mitigate a GOP catastrophy.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Geeze....... FDR made MONEY illegal and you would vote for him, or someone like him again?

Well one thing is for sure no student under 50, ever once has held a real dollar in their hand one time in their whole life, so Hell why not vote for more misery and less Freedom....

Why is it the left thinks things are Free from the Govt? Nothing is Free. If the Govt wants to give out free stuff the Govt needs to go to work and earn it and quit stealing it from those of us who work for a living.

The Govt needs to run a big bake sale or something.
FDR did not make money illegal. He just abandoned the gold standard which had been crippling the country since the 1880s.

Where in the video did that say anything about free stuff other then to say the GOP is promising it? The entire point is that Romney is basically saying he will do everything Obama is doing without costing anyone anything. Just like the 1930s GOP.

As to "real money" federal reserve notes are real money, and I do own silver money, but this BS about a precious metal standard is the main reason I refused to support Paul. Even most far right conservatives I know agree with me that a metal standard is stupid and will kill the economy.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,291,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Which totally explains why you are voting for Romney. Other then PBS and Planned parenthood Romney says he isn't going to raise taxes or really cut spending. He is basically giving away free stuff.

It is like FDR said. Romney wants to do everything Obama is doing he just claims he will do it better, do more of it, and have it not cost anybody anything.

Romney's way IS better. Obama is spending money we don't have and borrowing money from China and printing money. Obama has no experience in business. He doesn't know what it takes to make the financials work. Romney does, and has proven it.

Romney didn't say it isn't going to cost anybody anything. If more people are working, more people are earning money and paying taxes - thus, there is more money coming in. In addition, he plans to lower tax credits for higher income people.

Obama has had four years and he has our country in the biggest mess it's been in since the Great Depression. We can't afford four more years of Obama. He had his chance; now let someone who actually knows how to run a successful business have a chance to get us out of the mess Obama got us into.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Romney's way IS better. Obama is spending money we don't have and borrowing money from China and printing money. Obama has no experience in business. He doesn't know what it takes to make the financials work. Romney does, and has proven it.

Romney didn't say it isn't going to cost anybody anything. If more people are working, more people are earning money and paying taxes - thus, there is more money coming in. In addition, he plans to lower tax credits for higher income people.

Obama has had four years and he has our country in the biggest mess it's been in since the Great Depression. We can't afford four more years of Obama. He had his chance; now let someone who actually knows how to run a successful business have a chance to get us out of the mess Obama got us into.
Yes because the Businessmen presidents we have had were so wonderful

Warren G. Harding
Herbert Hoover
Jimmy Carter
George W. Bush

Romney is not better he is just saying I will do everything Obama is doing but I will do it while giving massive tax breaks, increasing military spending and without raising the debt which is an absurd lie. I have seen the required growth rates for the Ryan plan, which is the best we have got in lieu of Romney not telling us anything and he requires 4 decades of 2% unemployment. That is fanciful.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,291,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

There you go with more liberal spin. That is NOT what Romney said. He said he will cut whatever is not necessary. He said he will lower or eliminate exemptions for higher income people. He said he will get people working again. More people working = more people paying taxes = not having to raise taxes. How is that giving away free stuff?

Obama is the one giving cell phones and food stamps to people. Obama is the one who did away with Clinton's Welfare to Work, which made people have to be looking for a job to receive welfare benefits. Now they don't even have to pretend they are looking for a job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections