Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times

Advertisements

Sent on the eve of a dangerous storm affecting 20% of the U.S. population

Obama Hurrican campaign email

After all Barack has done in office, and after all you have done to build this campaign, we can't afford to watch everything slip away on Election Night.

But the other side has out-raised us-our opponents have $45 million more than we do for the Final Stretch.... And none of us has ever seen what a barrage of money like that will do.

That's why we need to do everything we can in the last days, and why we still need your support. And, until, tomorrow night, any donation you make will automatically enter you to meet Barack on Election Night! We can either give it our all in these final days, or wake up on November 7th wishing we'd done a little more.

Don't wait!
Supporting this campaign once more will move us closer to victory, and enter you to win a trip to join Barack on Election Night.
Thanks, Michelle
mails.html#

Contrast Romney's Hurricane campaign email

Tonight, Ann and I are keeping the people in Hurricane Sandy's path in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that if you can, you will reach out to your neighbors who may need help getting ready for the storm-especially your elderly neighbors.

And if you can give of your resources or time, please consider supporting your local Red Cross organization - visit American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood to get involved.

For safety's sake, as you and your family prepare for the storm, please be sure to bring any yard signs inside. In high winds, they can be dangerous and cause damage to homes and property.

I'm never so proud of Americans as when I see how we pull together in a crisis. There's nothing that we can't handle when we stand together.

Stay safe and God bless,
Mitt Romney

Last edited by petch751; 10-30-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,112 times
Yet another example of class (Romney) vs trash (Obama) and what a good example of selfless leadership should look like (Romney).

The countdown is on.....Buh Bye Obama's....enjoy your new life in Hawaii.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Everytime Obama sends me a whine email about Romney being $45M ahead, it reminds me hwo the left wing kooks celebrated all of the Obama money, claiming it meant their candidate was winning.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Of course you did not provide the email on the storm, but another one in an attempt to deceive. This is the first one from the campaign that addressed the storm. It came out while Romney was still on the stump as the storm approached. Romney is back on the campaign trail today even though he said he would not be.

This is a serious storm, but we are going to do what it takes to keep people safe and secure, and make sure the communities affected get the assistance they need. FEMA is working with state and local governments to respond effectively. We all owe a debt of thanks to the first responders who will be dealing with the immediate impact of the storm.

If you live in the storm's path, please listen to state and local authorities about where and how to take shelter and stay safe -- and encourage your friends and family to do the same. If you are asked to evacuate, please take that seriously.

For more information on how to prepare for this storm, visit Ready.gov.

And if you'd like to find out how to support relief efforts where they're needed most, please visit the Red Cross or your local relief organization:

http://my.barackobama.com/Red-Cross

Michelle and I are keeping everyone in the affected areas in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe.

Barack

Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
J24

448 posts, read 864,675 times
It irritates me how they talk about how Romney has spent more money when the Obama camp has spent just about a billion dollars themselves. According to the NYTimes, through Sept. the Obama campaign outraised and outspent the Romney camp. (The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com)

Those two emails clearly shows the different between the two campaigns and the two candidates.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Of course you did not provide the email on the storm, but another one in an attempt to deceive. This is the first one from the campaign that addressed the storm. It came out while Romney was still on the stump as the storm approached. Romney is back on the campaign trail today even though he said he would not be.
Why would he not be on the campaign trail? Obama was supposed to show up in Youngstown Ohio the other day, sent Clinton and Biden in his place. Should all campaigns stop because of a storm?

I'll be the first one to admit that Obama would have been criticized for campaigning right now, but Obamas the President, Romney isnt.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Those email is what I got in the mail.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Of course you did not provide the email on the storm, but another one in an attempt to deceive
Wouldn't it be nice if people on the far right would do the teeniest tiniest bit of fact checking before reposting whatever braindead nonsense they picked up in their morning chain emails or on their far right forums?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,943 times
This is the email I got from Obama:

Quote:
This is a serious storm, but we are going to do what it takes to keep people safe and secure, and make sure the communities affected get the assistance they need. FEMA is working with state and local governments to respond effectively. We all owe a debt of thanks to the first responders who will be dealing with the immediate impact of the storm.

If you live in the storm's path, please listen to state and local authorities about where and how to take shelter and stay safe -- and encourage your friends and family to do the same. If you are asked to evacuate, please take that seriously.

For more information on how to prepare for this storm, visit Ready.gov.

And if you'd like to find out how to support relief efforts where they're needed most, please visit the Red Cross or your local relief organization:

http://my.barackobama.com/Red-Cross

Michelle and I are keeping everyone in the affected areas in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe.

Barack

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why would he not be on the campaign trail? Obama was supposed to show up in Youngstown Ohio the other day, sent Clinton and Biden in his place. Should all campaigns stop because of a storm?

I'll be the first one to admit that Obama would have been criticized for campaigning right now, but Obamas the President, Romney isnt.
Because he said he would not. He is a liar. His ruse is that he is holding relief events instead of campaign events. At the one he is doing now, there are a half dozen tables, if that, with a few canned goods, on them. I have seen more stuff donated at a high school play than at Romney's relief event. Romney is disgusting. I am hopeful that the people of Ohio will see right through this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections