Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
Gotta love the insults! Another sign the Dems are getting desperate and are back on their heels! I wanted true answers but didn't really get any. I got some blame and some spin and some questions back answering my question. Blaming Bush may have worked in the first year, but eventually the President needed to take accountability for his policies that have failed. He ran on hope and change. What we have now is an economy in the doldrums and an unsustainable increase to our debt from a guy who says he's a Christian one day and then acts in ways that contradicts that the next. How anyone can be ok with what he has done and want more of it is absurd in my opinion.
I'm not a Dem. You got plenty of "true answers." I didn't see hardly any "blame" and no spin at all. I personally, didn't blame Bush for anything. I actually liked Bush way more than I like Romney.

The economy has already been addressed by people who responded to your questions. I personally don't care about anyone's religion but will say that I know many Christians who don't act "Christian." I also know many Christians who don't think Catholics or Mormons are Christians they think Catholics are idolators and Mormons are members of a cult lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:
If I had a chance to ask President Obama a few questions, they would be the ones listed below. I would appreciated a legitimate response from anybody who plans to support President Obama in the upcoming election:

1) If you have a plan now to help grow the economy, why didn't you use it in the first four years?

2) Do you think that adding $6 trillion to our nation's debt and getting essentially zero new net jobs as a result over the past four years was a good deal for the American people?

3) Why do you mandate us to do things that go against our religious beliefs?

4) Are you really a Christian? Why should we believe you given what you have done?

5) When will you ever take accountability for failed economic policies in the last four years instead of blaming it on others? If you don't want to act like a leader, at least act like an adult.

6) Why did you lie to us about the debt? You said you'd cut it in half, instead it expanded by $6 trillion. Governor Romney's plans make it clear he understands how important the debt is to our future as a country and to our kids. Your record makes it clear you do not.

7) The poor and the middle class have gotten poorer in the last four years. You also intend to ramp up taxes on the wealthy. So, who are you actually trying to help? Anyone?
1. Government has many facets. The executive branch is but one. We make sure the laws are enacted and the bills are paid as stipulated by the congress, our legislative branch. First two years of my term, you had republican walkouts, nothing got done in congress. These last two years, we now have a GOP controlled house which does nothing and a democrat controlled senate that does nothing but retaliate against the house. If both parties started doing their job and the citizens force them to do their jobs instead of passing the buck, this country would be in much better shape.

2. Zero net jobs is a lie. Based off just general math. Whenever there is a new outlook with x amount of jobs total, the x amount then becomes your base which you add or subtract from. You taking a base pre recession and applying it to every month thereafter is bad math.

3. Uh, well, there's separation of church and state and always has been so your argument is moot. Second what are your religious beliefs (mormon, christian, jehovah's witness, jewish, muslim, hindu, satanist). Which one?

4. I told you what I was, you don't have to believe it as I will not lose an minute of sleep over it so believe it or not.

5. What failed economic policies? Housing market is up, stock market is up, continued growth in the job market.

6. Didn't lie about it, just didn't pan out for a number of reasons. Governor Romney's plan is the same plan in which every economist has called mathematically impossible. You being a middle class resident, will be forced to forego mortgage interest deduction and the child tax credit which just happens to be two of the largest deductions enjoyed by the middle class because capital gains tax which is enjoyed by the rich is not even on the table and that is the governor's words, they are not on the table.

7. The poor and middle class have been hurt because of this recession. Ample studies has shown the rich getting richer and the poor and middle class getting poorer. A strong economy is dependent upon the middle class. Trickle down economics has never worked, will not work and going back to what we know hasn't worked is insanity. Letting the bush tax cuts expire for the wealthy isn't raising taxes in and of itself, it's just putting them back to what the rate truly is.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Wow, I commend everyone here who answered these questions honestly and forthrightly. From the response of the OP it's obvious he didn't even read the responses, but went immediately into hype and spin and regurgitating talking points. Too bad for him, but I won't berate him because I'm glad that this thread is here. For the many, many lurkers who never post but read these threads on a regular basis and might want answers to these questions, here they are. Thanks, OP, for helping get the truth out!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, I commend everyone here who answered these questions honestly and forthrightly. From the response of the OP it's obvious he didn't even read the responses, but went immediately into hype and spin and regurgitating talking points. Too bad for him, but I won't berate him because I'm glad that this thread is here. For the many, many lurkers who never post but read these threads on a regular basis and might want answers to these questions, here they are. Thanks, OP, for helping get the truth out!
It's unfortunate that nobody would answer the questions with real answers or explanations as to why Obama's policies have failed. I understand the frustration, I just don't understand falling for it again. It's continual denying of the facts. I understand though that my questions could not have legitimately been answered because there are indisputable facts within each of them. I wish Obama would have done well and kept his promises because we would have been a much better country. Unfortunately, he broke so many of those promises and we have this economy now. What's even more unfortunate is the people who still have the wool pulled over their eyes who believe he will "turn around" this failing economy even though his policies have already failed. I do have faith in the American people that we will learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
It's unfortunate that nobody would answer the questions with real answers or explanations as to why Obama's policies have failed. I understand the frustration, I just don't understand falling for it again. It's continual denying of the facts. I understand though that my questions could not have legitimately been answered because there are indisputable facts within each of them. I wish Obama would have done well and kept his promises because we would have been a much better country. Unfortunately, he broke so many of those promises and we have this economy now. What's even more unfortunate is the people who still have the wool pulled over their eyes who believe he will "turn around" this failing economy even though his policies have already failed. I do have faith in the American people that we will learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.
The president is not the entire government, he is only one man, and yet you continually hold ONLY the president responsible for what you perceive to be unfulfilled promises. How much do you think is possible for a president alone, without the help of Congress (and actually, with the openly expressed intent to impede) to accomplish? How much responsibility do you lay at the feet of the Congress for what has not been accomplished in President Obama's first term?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The president is not the entire government, he is only one man, and yet you continually hold ONLY the president responsible for what you perceive to be unfulfilled promises. How much do you think is possible for a president alone, without the help of Congress (and actually, with the openly expressed intent to impede) to accomplish? How much responsibility do you lay at the feet of the Congress for what has not been accomplished in President Obama's first term?
I do hold Congress accountable as well, but what irks me and so many other Americans is that the President arrogantly ran on how he would change everything. That has not come to fruition. If there was a likelihood of him not being able to fulfill those promises, he shouldn't have given the false hope to millions of Americans in the first place. Also, with the President apparently so eager to divide our country by class, that will do nothing to help the congressional gridlock as many Republicans will fight even harder for their constituents that hate the class warfare. This will do nothing but hurt our country even more. It's really a shame to see the President of the UNITED STATES so blatantly dividing the people of this country and vilifying a whole class of people.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I do hold Congress accountable as well, but what irks me and so many other Americans is that the President arrogantly ran on how he would change everything. That has not come to fruition. If there was a likelihood of him not being able to fulfill those promises, he shouldn't have given the false hope to millions of Americans in the first place. Also, with the President apparently so eager to divide our country by class, that will do nothing to help the congressional gridlock as many Republicans will fight even harder for their constituents that hate the class warfare. This will do nothing but hurt our country even more. It's really a shame to see the President of the UNITED STATES so blatantly dividing the people of this country and vilifying a whole class of people.
How many politicians do you know that are able to fulfill every promise they make on the campaign trail? Answer, none, though they all make a whole passel of them. And again, he could have done much more had Congress expressed a willingness to work with him, rather than declare, as the Republicans did on his first day in office, that their first priority--read that again--their FIRST PRIORITY--was to make sure he was a one term president? How much did you think he would possibly be able to accomplish after a statement like that? And then you talk about how the president has divided the country?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
but what irks me and so many other Americans is that the President arrogantly ran on how he would change everything.
And I take it that you believe the candidate you prefer would actually address those very promises? For that matter, DESCRIBE those promises you're "disappointed" about.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And I take it that you believe the candidate you prefer would actually address those very promises? For that matter, DESCRIBE those promises you're "disappointed" about.
Oh I'm sure you know very well Obama's 2008 hope and change message. It was one where the lower and middle class were going to strive because there would be a level playing ground. Oh wait, in reality those classes have lost wealth, take home pay, and jobs. The rich have actually benefited the most under Obama's first four years. Then he went on to talk about how we can be united as a country and gave a lot of people the spirit that we would come together as one United States of America. Oh wait, now he's attacking a whole section of the US population through his rhetoric and proposed tax policies. One broken promise after another. I'm sure you voted for him in 2008 and are aware of the rest of his promises.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Oh I'm sure you know very well Obama's 2008 hope and change message. It was one where the lower and middle class were going to strive because there would be a level playing ground. Oh wait, in reality those classes have lost wealth, take home pay, and jobs. The rich have actually benefited the most under Obama's first four years.
And is that the reason you’re pissed at Obama for? When you suggested this…
Quote:
I do hold Congress accountable as well, but what irks me and so many other Americans is that the President arrogantly ran on how he would change everything. That has not come to fruition.
… you came across as someone who wanted to see Obama deliver EVERYTHING he promised. So, I guess you also voted for him in 2008. Right?

But, allow me to address your misconceptions. Obama’s Hope and Change message was to change course from the old policies. And if he didn’t, why are Romney and the Zomneys screaming their lungs out “four years of policies under this President”? That argument conflicts with your claims. If Obama hasn’t done things differently, why do they limit the term for the policies in effect to only his term? I challenge you to explain this, and if you agree/disagree with them.

Quote:
Then he went on to talk about how we can be united as a country and gave a lot of people the spirit that we would come together as one United States of America. Oh wait, now he's attacking a whole section of the US population through his rhetoric and proposed tax policies. One broken promise after another. I'm sure you voted for him in 2008 and are aware of the rest of his promises.
I also take it that you didn’t know about his tax policies in 2008? But, let me address this other concern of yours: to unite as a country. No, in politics you CANNOT. Anybody with a functioning brain can also see why it cannot be achieved. Wanting, and making a compromise is NOT uniting. It is working towards a common goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections