Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I also don't get the "she looks angry" stuff. I think that is mostly some people's hangups about the stereotype of black women being attitude prone or mean or something. People have told me I look angry (I'm a black women) when I am thinking about something or shopping in stores. I am hardly ever angry and just am not walking around smiling and letting my face relax to where it wants to rest while doing these things. I guess you want her and other black women who "look angry" to walk around with cheshire cat grins on our faces at all times so you can be satisfied that we aren't angry or about to go off on you or something.
Oh, for crying out loud, who said anything about her being black besides you? When I posted my observations, the last thing on my mind was that she was an "angry black woman". Why is it that the people who cry "racist" the loudest are the people who are actually the racists?

I meant, and I stand by it, that Michelle Obama has an angry countenance. She looks mad almost all of the time. Anyone of any color can have an angry expression on their face, and to me, she often looks angry. I know of white people who also look angry, one of them being Nancy Pelosi. There is a white guy on Fox News who was a guest on "Hannity" last night and has one of the angriest countenances that I can think of. Get that, a WHITE guy?

I feel sorry for you if you live your life looking for racist attacks where none is intended. I don't care what color Michelle Obama is, I don't care what color Barack Obama is, and I don't care what color you or I are. What I do care about is how people live and what they believe, which is why I could never, ever vote for Obama.

Sad. Very sad.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If there was a shred of evidence anywhere that your imagined avatar of Mitt Romney was who he really is, you wouldn't appear so foolish. But because there isn't any, your childish attempt to paint him with such a description makes you nothing more than a hate filled bigot.

There are still, however, women in this world who enjoy taking care of their men, and their families, and are insulted by people like you who disparage womanhood, as they choose to portray it. And many men find this kind of woman, alluring, extremely attractive, and very sexy. She is to be cherished and adored.

Many men also find their role as provider for their families, and their wives, to be an honor. It is a source of pride, not something to be taken lightly. Much as a Marine, his motto is "semper fidelis". His family is his life and he would gladly give his life for them if necessary.

The wimpy left, finds these things to be antiquated and strange. Womanhood is a sign of weakness. And men who like real women only wish to enslave them for their pleasure. Thus, the ridicule that has come with the "binders of women" leftist silliness. Binders of the resumes of women professionals is made to be a joke by women who envision "women in binders" being ogled by lascivious men.

Mainstream America may have finally come to realize that the left is "out to lunch" and they have had enough of it. I predict Romney will be our next President. Thank God!
Beautiful post!

When was it, was it sometime in the 1970s or what, when it somehow became a source of shame for men to be protectors and providers and for women to be nurturers and mothers? It sure has done a number on our society. And even if a woman wants to "wear the pants" and run the show, why ridicule others who don't choose that?

Leftie loonies out to lunch. I like that!

Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

LOL, I agree. Don't forget Mitt also has to have his binders of women hurry up and get married because kids of single moms grow up to be mass murderers lol.
Nah, just carjackers and gangbangers.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I heard him do it again today. Normally, it rolls off my back, but SHOULD IT?

Never mind about WHY he does it. We all know the answer.

And it tells us EVERYTHING we need to know about this uniquely despicable man, AND his fawning sycophant "ditto heads".

There is a great deal at stake in this election, people. Romney comes off as a sort of harmless, bland idiot, like a 50's sitcom dad. But it's an act- Romney is the willing dupe, a vanguard for a hateful, misogynist, racist, extremist political movement, gathered at the gates, waiting to sweep into power with a GOP win.

Obama 2012- there is NO OTHER CHOICE
The problem with limbaugh and other RW people is that they've forgotten that other presidents and first ladies have taken advantage of being in the positions they're in. Some might call it abuse of position or power, but, I've done some checking on our past president, and this is what I found.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama

While there was nothing lavish about # 43, he did take many, many jet trips aboard AF1 to texas, and the link shows the costs of such trips, extraordinary dollar amounts passed onto taxpayers.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
But the remainder of his drivel is not, and included a personal attack e.g.
A Typical RUSH worshipper.
I do not worship Rush, I worship God and Jesus Christ.

But Rush's sensible arguments for conservatism, and against liberal tyranny are what this world needs more of. You see, I believe in freedom and liberty. You don't, which is why you hate Rush. That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. You like big oppressive government. To you, Government is where rights come from. Government is your "father," and giver of goodies. I'll bet you have an Obama Phone, right?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
The Democrats have always been the party that represents racism, and that hasn't changed. Pulling the race card over and over again is actually racism in itself. Lyndon B. Johnson (democrat) said this when he "supported" civil rights legislation: "I'll have those 'n-words' voting democratic for the next 200 years."

Johnson also said: “These Negroes, they’re getting uppity these days. That’s a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before - the political pull to back up their upityness. Now, we’ve got to do something about this. We’ve got to give them a little something. Just enough to quiet them down, but not enough to make a difference. If we don’t move at all, their allies will line up against us. And there’ll be no way to stop them. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”

The Democrat Race Lie | Black & Right

Presidents John F Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson were not civil rights advocates | World of Newsninja2012
That stuff is more than 30 years ago. Things have changed considerably since then.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Oh, for crying out loud, who said anything about her being black besides you? When I posted my observations, the last thing on my mind was that she was an "angry black woman". Why is it that the people who cry "racist" the loudest are the people who are actually the racists?

I meant, and I stand by it, that Michelle Obama has an angry countenance. She looks mad almost all of the time. Anyone of any color can have an angry expression on their face, and to me, she often looks angry. I know of white people who also look angry, one of them being Nancy Pelosi. There is a white guy on Fox News who was a guest on "Hannity" last night and has one of the angriest countenances that I can think of. Get that, a WHITE guy?

I feel sorry for you if you live your life looking for racist attacks where none is intended. I don't care what color Michelle Obama is, I don't care what color Barack Obama is, and I don't care what color you or I are. What I do care about is how people live and what they believe, which is why I could never, ever vote for Obama.

Sad. Very sad.
LOL about me looking for racist attacks. I have never been attacked over race and don't expect to in my lifetime. But if we are going to have an honest discussion about the continued disrespect shown to Michelle Obama, her being black does come into play. Many people do feel that black women are "angry." Here on CD Michelle has been referred to as an "angry black woman" before. As a black woman, I can attest to the fact that people do have that impression of black women in general as I have gotten similar comments even though, if you were to speak to me in person, you would think I was very pleasant and jovial and silly. I will be cliche and state "I have a lot of white friends" lol (I also have white family members via marriage) and we all get along just fine and if anything, I stick up for white people in the face of black prejudice quite often. I don't see the perception of black women as "angry" as "racist." I see it as prejudice. I hardly consider anyone racist unless they tell me they hate someone due to skin color or ethnicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Nah, just carjackers and gangbangers.
LOL, he specifically brought up the mass murderers that have been committed and related getting married to cutting down those kids who will go out and shoot with semi-automatic weapons at large crowds. The CO movie theater shooting was brought up, which I thought hilarious since that perp's parents were married and if we want to talk further about CO shootings, both the Columbine kids' parents were married as was the VT shooters parents so I guess only the children of married parents go out and buy automatic weapons and shoot up public places at random. Uh oh....I am a married black woman with kids, I guess I should make sure they don't go out and get an AK47.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
well if the shoe fits and all.....what is the problem?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah the only reason Obama got into school and then the presidency is because he's black.

Whereas a man born to huge wealth, power and connections like Mittens and the Bushies got everything in life by merit.

Do you Reps ever take five seconds to think about the implications of your words?

Since when is a SILVERSPOON in your mouth considered MERIT?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Since when is a SILVERSPOON in your mouth considered MERIT?
I think she was being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections