Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,349,332 times

Advertisements

The thing is, would Limbaugh call her that to her face? Moreover, would he call her that in front of her husband (especially if he wasn't the president...if Obama was just a normal guy)?

The answer: NO! On both counts. And you shouldn't say things about people that you wouldn't say to their faces. That's how i was raised, and that's the way i STILL live today. Be a man, not a punk. Don't hide behind a microphone and your fame knowing that it'll keep you from getting your ass whipped if you were to say the same crap if you were just a normal joe.

Moreover, we've had a fairly long tradition of leaving First Ladies out of the nasty political banter, and it's something we should continue to do. All of the First Ladies in my lifetime have been nothing but perfect spouses for the most part, and although they undertake small agenda's, what they do is generally above the fray and not anything we should get nasty or petty about.

Lastly, if you think Michelle Obama is fat, i really don't know what slim is supposed to be. She's pretty fit, and looks great in her clothing.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,587,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Stay classy Republicans. Because nothing says vote for Republicans like a fat male pig calling a toned woman "fat." Why don't we have a discussion of "legitimate" rape next? That'll work. Then Mittens can talk about his binders of women and how they need to get home from the jobs he lets them hold and do all the cooking and cleaning for the menfolk.

Yeah.

Speaking of classy, I guess it is okay for those on the left to use other than proper names when referring to an individual that they don't support but when those on the right do it, it is classless.

Can you say hypocrite?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I do not worship Rush, I worship God and Jesus Christ.

But Rush's sensible arguments for conservatism, and against liberal tyranny are what this world needs more of. You see, I believe in freedom and liberty. You don't, which is why you hate Rush. That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. You like big oppressive government. To you, Government is where rights come from. Government is your "father," and giver of goodies. I'll bet you have an Obama Phone, right?
Limbaugh's arguments are nonsensical, and has been a well know race baiter. He does not know the history of presidents and first ladies, because if he did, he wouldn't be blathering nonsense of what presidents and first ladies do with respect to their positions as such.

Hate is a strong word. I do not hate you, or limbaugh, of which I have little respect for. I afford the same respect to others as they bestow on me, and others.

You claim I like big oppressive government, no, our government does not oppress, the last time I pinched myself, this morning, we were still a free America.

You bet I have a FREE PHONE? you just lost the bet. Actually, there was no need to go as far as you have attempting to personally attack me for my beliefs, or what I have and do not have. You assume way, way too much of other people with your condescending remarks.

This is how one president used his powers of the office of the presidency to jet around the country. Other presidents, first families, and first ladies have done the same for decades, get over it.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama

Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,345,291 times
Meh. Limbaugh calls her (and everyone else he doesn't like) names because that is his shtick. His gimmick. It's an easy way to get attention from people. His listeners hear that and they're giggling with glee saying, "Right on Rush! You tell her."

Meanwhile he's said absolutely nothing of substance. How anyone who has the ability to process information can listen to his drivel I don't know.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Meh. Limbaugh calls her (and everyone else he doesn't like) names because that is his shtick. His gimmick. It's an easy way to get attention from people. His listeners hear that and they're giggling with glee saying, "Right on Rush! You tell her."

Meanwhile he's said absolutely nothing of substance. How anyone who has the ability to process information can listen to his drivel I don't know.
Read this, point of view said so eloquently:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/26740954-post71.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best post of the day award!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
well if the shoe fits and all.....what is the problem?
Are you referring to drug addled Rush?

Let me say this about Rush - MOST of the Republicans that I know and work with - do not listen to his hate-filled drivel.

My father, age 91, veteran of MANY wars and ardent Republican and Fox news watcher ~ will not tolerate the likes of Limbaugh.

So there is hope that not all Repubs are Rush Devotees.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,602,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Let me say this about Rush - MOST of the Republicans that I know and work with - do not listen to his hate-filled drivel.

My father, age 91, veteran of MANY wars and ardent Republican and Fox news watcher ~ will not tolerate the likes of Limbaugh.

So there is hope that not all Repubs are Rush Devotees.
I listen to Rush when I want a good laugh - on a very limited basis. And I am a staunch Republican!

I just think it is funny how he stirs up the left so.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,170,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I heard him do it again today. Normally, it rolls off my back, but SHOULD IT?

Never mind about WHY he does it. We all know the answer.

And it tells us EVERYTHING we need to know about this uniquely despicable man, AND his fawning sycophant "ditto heads".

There is a great deal at stake in this election, people. Romney comes off as a sort of harmless, bland idiot, like a 50's sitcom dad. But it's an act- Romney is the willing dupe, a vanguard for a hateful, misogynist, racist, extremist political movement, gathered at the gates, waiting to sweep into power with a GOP win.

Obama 2012- there is NO OTHER CHOICE

Why? Because he's Limpbutt, and has an apalling lack of class...and a large following.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,963,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

You mean the hate -filled show that funded his addiction to opioids?

Without the show, he would have been shop-lifting like any self-respecting junkie.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,919,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You mean the hate -filled show that funded his addiction to opioids?

Without the show, he would have been shop-lifting like any self-respecting junkie.
Wow, with just a few changes, you could be talking about Obama:
"You mean his hate filled church and pastor that fueled his community organizing / political career? Without Rev Wright and his racist church, Obama would have been just a thug on the street doing cocaine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections