Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,019 times

Advertisements

Connie's are too funny on a similar note I plan on watching CNN after the race is called for Obama. The entertainment value will be priceless.

See that? Not that hard to come up with a useless, non-fact based thread!

This Centrist will see you all again on November 7th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Connie's are too funny on a similar note I plan on watching CNN after the race is called for Obama. The entertainment value will be priceless.

See that? Not that hard to come up with a useless, non-fact based thread!

This Centrist will see you all again on November 7th!
CNN? If you are wanting to watch a channel for comic relief if Obama wins it seems like FOX would be the network of choice.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,776,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
CNN? If you are wanting to watch a channel for comic relief if Obama wins it seems like FOX would be the network of choice.
They'll probably just act like they knew it all along, or that Obama stole the election, or some feminists sabotaged Romney,etc. For self-immolation, the Dems are much better. Witness the meltdowns after the first debate, when Romney spanked Obama. The Dems were hysterical and ready for mass Hari Kari. After Obama destroyed Romney in Debate 3, the Repubs just claimed victory and moved on. For reality TV, a Romney victory would definitely be better.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
They'll probably just act like they knew it all along, or that Obama stole the election, or some feminists sabotaged Romney,etc. For self-immolation, the Dems are much better. Witness the meltdowns after the first debate, when Romney spanked Obama. The Dems were hysterical and ready for mass Hari Kari. After Obama destroyed Romney in Debate 3, the Repubs just claimed victory and moved on. For reality TV, a Romney victory would definitely be better.
Haha. This another one of those rare times that we agree. I watched MSNBC after the first debate and it was was downright entertaining.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 AM

194 posts, read 297,727 times
This thread is making me tired, I'm sure I'll get a good nights rest after having read it and certainly will over the next week in anticipation of Mitt Romney becoming President.

If I lose any sleep its because I'm so excited that Obama will be gone!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,656,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post
This thread is making me tired, I'm sure I'll get a good nights rest after having read it and certainly will over the next week in anticipation of Mitt Romney becoming President.

If I lose any sleep its because I'm so excited that Obama will be gone!
It is less than a week now! Obama will not be gone until January. I wonder if he remembers how rude he and his supporters were to George Bush when he took office. I am sure the Romneys will be the height of class and diplomacy.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM

32,120 posts, read 34,792,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely turning to FOX News.

"This is just like when Hitler's regime rose to power back in the 30s, Bill. Why 47 percent of Americans can't see through Obama's Big Government, Marxist, Chicago-style Saul Alinsky tactics is beyond me."

Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 AM

32,120 posts, read 34,792,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
That's because they have talking points from which they NEVER deviate. They don't have the intellectual honesty of liberals.

Here are the talking points:

-Obama's failed economic policies
-Growth was slower this month than last, and last month was slower than the month before
-Benghazi shows the unraveling of Obama's failed foreign policy
-Job creators (can't tax 'em)
-Solyndra
-Obama's "spending"
-The nation should be run like a corporation and only a businessman can do that
-Unemployment is the same as when Obama took office
-Not what a real recovery looks like

These talking points have a very real appeal to the simple minded.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,540 times
OK, so here's the deal. Conservatives will tend to sleep better about the election than liberals because of the philosophical differences. If you believe your fate rests in your own efforts and abilities, it would be helpful but not necessary if the president was like-minded. If you believe that government action is required so your needs will be met, and government action is required to restore prosperity, and government action is needed to solve all problems, it is necessary for the president to be like-minded. (apologies in advance for the gross simplification.)

The actions of more than a hundred million Americans waking up every day and doing what they are supposed to be doing has a lot more to do with how the country is doing than the efforts of one person in the White House or 535 politicians in the legislature.

I've made a lot of progress in my life under Clinton, Bush, and Obama, with alternating control of the senate and the house between the two parties. I built that.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
'this centrist'? yeah, right

a centrist would not have been so driven over the edge by this thread [based on an actual story in the san francisco chronicle] that they had to invent such a stupid nanny-nanny-boo-boo thread as this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections