Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It's going to be pretty funny seeing/hearing latter baby boomers blasting "Twisted Sister" someday

I was thinking:

they look healthy, articulate, seem to have their wits...
look at all the money Medicaid/Medicare could save,
IF they lived at home and had occasional provider home care instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
How about something you obviously know nothing about: HUMOR.

"Lighten up, Francis."
Can't speak for CAmom but I have a great sense of humor.

The video was not funny, it was trashy. That so many on the left find it hilarious speaks volumes.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Hollywood likes trashy and Hollywood loves Obama

Betty White "Lake Placid" - YouTube

Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Can't speak for CAmom but I have a great sense of humor.p

The video was not funny, it was trashy. That so many on the left find it hilarious speaks volumes.
I don't know.......I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder then, because I happen to think that video was a lot funnier than the terrible storm events of night before last. There was even a thread here on CD where people were laughing about the storm, making jokes about it, and mocking those who thought the storm was a big deal.

Maybe you saw that thread?

So, I'll embrace the fact that I can enjoy a bit of "trashy" humor now and again; at least I don't laugh about situations where people are losing their lives.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I don't know.......I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder then, because I happen to think that video was a lot funnier than the terrible storm events of night before last. There was even a thread here on CD where people were laughing about the storm, making jokes about it, and mocking those who thought the storm was a big deal.

Maybe you saw that thread?

So, I'll embrace the fact that I can enjoy a bit of "trashy" humor now and again; at least I don't laugh about situations where people are losing their lives.
Amen. That was a really twisted thread. I think it got deleted or locked right away. There are some sick people here.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Amen. That was a really twisted thread. I think it got deleted or locked right away. There are some sick people here.
I think it still exists, it's just been closed...........

.......in case anyone wants to see what some people think is funny.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM

993 posts, read 831,586 times
I have a great sense of humor, but this is not funny!

It might be a little bit funnier if it was saying they would be disappointed if Obama lost, but talking about Republicans stealing the election and voter suppression when it's the democrats who love the likes of ACORN and want illegal immigrants to vote, is just pathetic. If a democrat accuses someone of something, you can bet they are the ones doing it. Obama's total campaign is propped up with that kind of lie.

First of all, an old woman (I won't say lady) threatens to burn something down? I guess the nursing home? It's just stupid. The second woman threatens Romney? If someone threatened Obama like that they would probably be sitting in jail. The old man wanting to watch kinky sex is just weird and twisted. It does not rqeuire a sense of humor to make statements including curse words, body parts, and sex acts. Anyone can do that.

Sorry......not funny. Obama is desperate and is reaching out to the least educated of society hoping to grab a few more votes.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
I have a great sense of humor, but this is not funny!
I didn't think the fact that a massive and deadly storm was pounding the East Coast was funny - at all. "Others" were having a great time laughing about that.

Quote:
Obama is desperate and is reaching out to the least educated of society hoping to grab a few more votes.
The video didn't come from the Obama campaign.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Let's all kick Mitt in the nut sack on Tuesday (if we haven't already).

Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Those folks are old enough to remember the kind of country that Romney wants to take us back to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections