Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM

10,789 posts, read 23,993,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Seriously look who is talking. This is a forum member who ask that Romney stop sending food. That is sad.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-bad-idea.html
Just more scapegoating to point out the bad guy for whomever side you lean to. When is this "us against them" BS going to stop? You also diverted my point that I made in my response to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,085,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
From the pages of the Washington Post, and similarly reported throughout the nation:
.... but the moment Christie runs against a Democrat in a presidential race, he'll no longer have your respect I bet. The nastiness, dirt-digging, name-calling and insults would begin. Just as it has been with Romney.

Let's face it.... Christie's only getting props from you and many others right now because you want it to make Obama look good. You guys aren't fooling anyone.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,528,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Christie totally blew it for the right wing spin masters. Do you realize how desperate they were to use Sandy 6 days before election day? Right wing political operatives are screaming their heads off behind closed doors.

Just look at the right wing posters here today? They were hoping to get something going on Obama but have spent the whole day getting reamed because of Romney's cynical can drive?
Yes, the racists are frothing at the mouth. So very dissappointed, they are. We have Christie praising Obama's leadership qualities, and the stellar performance thus far of FEMA ... which has taken the wind out of their sails and has left Willard sitting on the sidelines continuing to embarass himself. Next claim from the extremists will be that the storm was actually generated by government scientists working under the direct orders of President Obama. Time to break-out the tin-foil hats! LOL!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 PM

10,789 posts, read 23,993,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
.... but the moment Christie runs against a Democrat in a presidential race, he'll no longer have your respect I bet. The nastiness, dirt-digging, name-calling and insults would begin. Just as it has been with Romney.

Let's face it.... Christie's only getting props from you and many others right now because you want it to make Obama look good. You guys aren't fooling anyone.
And another super cynical "us against them" response. This is a perfect example of what I've been posting in this thread. It will surely be our downfall, regardless of political affiliation. So much for unity.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:

My reference(s) to Gov. Chrisite were a specific response to a series of comments which, to me, seemed so ignorantly offered and/or linked.

Now, on the broader topic of Gov. Christie (no pun intended): While I respect the manner in which Gov. Christie has handled the immediate situation thus far, only from what I've read of it, that doesn't mean I would vote for him. Not for President of the United States ... because he would be representing a national organization which I believe seeks to discard long-held American values. That's on a federal level. But, if I were a resident of New Jersey and confronted with making a choice for statewide office for which he was a candidate, I'd have to evaluate him and the other candidate(s) and the issues and their impact on my life at the time.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
And another super cynical "us against them" response. This is a perfect example of what I've been posting in this thread. It will surely be our downfall, regardless of political affiliation. So much for unity.
There are certain, major issues I won't keep quiet about because they should be heard. However, I never name-call, spread tabloid garbage, or resort to similar childish behavior like many others here do. Looking at many of the other posts on this board, you are directing your disapproval at the wrong person.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, the racists are frothing at the mouth. So very dissappointed, they are. We have Christie praising Obama's leadership qualities, and the stellar performance thus far of FEMA ... which has taken the wind out of their sails and has left Willard sitting on the sidelines continuing to embarass himself. Next claim from the extremists will be that the storm was actually generated by government scientists working under the direct orders of President Obama. Time to break-out the tin-foil hats! LOL!
Oh good God, please don't tell me we're going to pull out the race card yet again....

And as far as whining about "extremists", it would be a lot less ironic coming from someone whose extreme bias isn't out for all to see.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,230,694 times
Quote:

Where did you say you got your crystal ball that can fortell the future? I want one!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM

(VIDEO) Christie in his own words:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where did you say you got your crystal ball that can fortell the future? I want one!
I'll admit I can't see the future; however, I'm very good at seeing through BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections