Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I felt bad for him...it was pretty obvious he had been crying earlier in the night. His eyes were red and wet. He obviously had a tough night.
I don't know if he was crying, but he knows something the average voter doesn't.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/future...31550185.html\

Election aside, it's going to get nasty....

Energy, healthcare and the banking sectors ranked among the hardest hit after Obama defeated Republican Mitt Romney, whose policy positions favored those industries. Defense shares also plunged.

Investors worry that Washington is headed for a long and bitter debate over some $600 billion in spending cuts and tax increases due to kick in next year. Many fear certain changes could derail the economic recovery, with that perception behind the "fiscal cliff" nickname.

"Traders on the floor are thinking: 'Before the election, President Obama wasn't able to resolve the fiscal cliff, so what makes you think he's going to be able to do it after the election?' That's the big issue right now," said Todd Schoenberger, managing principal at the BlackBay Group in New York.

Watch PBS's The 30's (1990)- The Stock Market Crash of 1929 - it's enlightening.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
Well let's sing him a little song to cheer him up a bit

Sound Of Music - So Long, Farewell - YouTube

Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
nope
he's rich
he has it family
he has his health
and he's had a pretty good life...

Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Not at all..
That is what Obama will be doing at the taxpayers after he raises their taxes.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
No. Mitt will still have his millions while the morons that voted for the head moron will be jobless and maybe homeless. He's a smart man. He can take care of himself and his family.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM

288 posts, read 212,037 times
Quote:
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

He ran with lies and BS, did not deserve such high prize....

Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I actually feel sorrier for Obama because he's inherited quite a mess -- his own big mess. And unlike Romney, Obama has simply no clue how to fix the economy, he has no clue about businesses that create jobs.
I couldn't have said it any better. I don't feel sorry for Romney, I feel sorry for our nation.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:

Why?

He has lied so many times that the American people were constantly guessing who the real Mitt Romney was.

He attacked women.

He shot the gun before aiming by speaking so soon about the attack on the US Embassy abroad.

Have I mentioned that he has lied?

I just find it hypocritical of the Republican crying about Obama having no integrity in the Oval Office but they wanted to elect a liar.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
No, he lied and changed positions more than any other candidate in recent history. If he ran as the person he was 10 years ago instead of trying to be a "severe conservative" which his track record proved he wasn't, and still lost, I might have felt sorry for him.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Romney ... ran a clean campaign, didn't accuse the president of lying which he did repeatedly
You're right. Romney lied repeatedly. The first real sign of his nonchalance towards lying was when his campaign put out an ad that took Obama quoting McCain, and put the words into Obama's mouth as his own. When he was called out for this, he dug in his heels. On the Jeep scare tactic, he dug in his heels. Perhaps he initially did misunderstand the Bloomberg article, but once it was clarified, did he offer a mea culpa? No way.

Those are but two examples of a whole campaign's worth of lies. Mitt couldn't even be honest about who he was running as.

Romney was shameless in this campaign. Good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections