Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,959 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to the 50% of Americans that voted for Obama! The rest of us will have to endure a country where:
1. It is okay to spend our children's money for today's needs and wants
2. there is no need to even have a budget, just spend whatever we want
3. there are more leaners than lifters
4. God is irrelevant
5. hedonistic behavior is accepted and applauded
6. killing unborn babies is accepted and applauded
7. government will decide what doctor we can use, what treatments we are allowed to have, what we can eat and drink to reduce healthcare costs
8. increased gas and electricity costs will force us to drive cars that the government approves and use minimal amounts of energy even if it means being uncomfortable or inconvenienced
9. the constitution is irrelevant, who needs personal freedoms when there is a government that knows what is best for us.
10. immigration (and other) laws are not enforced
11. our military can not defend us against terrorism
Whoo hoo! Obama won!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
And.......................................the Department of Agriculture is reporting another record crop of sour grapes this morning

Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And.......................................the Department of Agriculture is reporting another record crop of sour grapes this morning
No, just a dose of reality. Of course you may gloat all you want. You won.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
I like the fact that Obama's victory has helped extinguish the hatred and fear mongering coming from the right.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
Those are all partisan exaggerations, and most would not have been affected by a Romney presidency.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 AM

272 posts, read 229,310 times
I think I heard an evangelical say if Obama won the apocalypse would happen. Did I miss it?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Four more years, another 16 trillion in debt. I'm really worried where we are going to be after four more years of Obama. He didn't do anything for our country the first four years except put us in a worse position than we've ever been in, financially and in every other way. I wouldn't doubt if there is war on our soil before Obama's next four years are up. America is in decline. We had a chance to reverse that, and the American sheeple are too stupid to see it and instead are leading us all to slaughter. I'm serious. I am really worried about our country.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 AM

121 posts, read 153,011 times
Don't feel too bad there's always the wonderland called Saudi Arabia you can immigrate to.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Congratulations to the 50% of Americans that voted for Obama! The rest of us will have to endure a country where:
1. It is okay to spend our children's money for today's needs and wants
Didn't the Bush Administration do that when they rammed the bailout through like a giant phallus?
Quote:
2. there is no need to even have a budget, just spend whatever we want
See above.
Quote:
3. there are more leaners than lifters
No.
Quote:
4. God is irrelevant
He always was.
Quote:
5. hedonistic behavior is accepted and applauded
You mean, reality as it always has been is accepted, if not embraced?
Quote:
6. killing unborn babies is accepted and applauded
w00t. Since I'm sue you won't support programs to give them or their mothers an opportunity for something better, let me ask you: what is more appealing? The notion of a woman you've never encountered nor have anything to do with having an abortion fifteen years ago, or waking up to find the window of your car smashed and your stereo stolen?
Quote:
7. government will decide what doctor we can use, what treatments we are allowed to have, what we can eat and drink to reduce healthcare costs
At least we have a say in the government; corporations have decided all of the above up until now...

Oh wait: that stuff doesn't take effect till 2014, anyway. Durr...

Quote:
8. increased gas and electricity costs will force us to drive cars that the government approves
Dude: the government approved the car you are driving right now, unless you drive a pre-1972 classic to and from work every day...

Quote:
and use minimal amounts of energy even if it means being uncomfortable or inconvenienced
A modern Chevy Malibu gets mileage that's on par with a freakin' Corolla from ten years ago and is way more comfortable.

Quote:
9. the constitution is irrelevant, who needs personal freedoms when there is a government that knows what is best for us.
Please list for me the personal freedoms that you or I have lost.

Quote:
10. immigration (and other) laws are not enforced
You mean that there aren't fences around the Mexcian border, and there are no federal border patrol agents enforcing it?

Quote:
11. our military can not defend us against terrorism
Yeah. I wanted to go to the store tonight, but didn't, because I was worried that a bunch of Muslim terrorists from Mexico had infiltrated my local supermarket and would open fire as soon as they got done blowing up all of the national landmarks...

Quote:
Whoo hoo! Obama won!
You'll get over it.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
No, just a dose of reality. Of course you may gloat all you want. You won.
I didn't win anything, including living in the fictional world you describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections