Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would think it would be Christie but he upset the GOP by praising Obama after Sandy so he may be out for that reason. Jeb Bush should have run in 2000, he would have been 1000 times better than his brother, but the Bush name is now soiled for along time so i doubt he would get the nod.

As for the dems, probably Hillary cause I doubt Biden would want to run.
Bush was a great president compared to Obama. No comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
The angry white males I work with in the very red state (South Carolina) I live in are bitter today. They were crowing all day yesterday about how many electoral votes Romney would get, betting on it to see who was closer. No one was saying less than 290. And today they're all depressed, and whinier than usual, and basically pathetic.

This happy white male loves it.
ha - ha - ha, that's funny, they're going to be extinct and are too dumb to know it

Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
With Iran going for nuclear weapons and obama disarming us , we will be lucky to get to 2016. Happy dreaming of the next four years of a inept man in the white house.
fear monger much???

Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
The Race for 2016 Starts Today - Yahoo! News

I sure hope the republicans learn something from this defeat but by looking at that article they haven't

Rubio-Neo con very right wing
Perry-religious nut and idiot to boot
Paul Ryan-idiot,plus why would they nominate someone who just helped them lose!
Chris Christie-neo con but not as bad as the rest
Santorum-Theocracy anyone?
Huckabee-Theocracy again
Palin-be nice to look at it but smart enough IMO

I didn't hear anything about

Rand Paul
Andrew Napolitano
Gary Johnson
Justin Amash

I mean come on...you keep doing the same thing over and over you are gonna get the same results.
isn't it just too early to even be thinking 2016? Isn't the list missing a lot of new, young talent? Who the heck is Justin Amash and forget Andrew Napolitano (you have to be elected to something before you run for Pres if you intend on being a force in anyway) and Gary Johnson, he could not get out or the batters box this time, even as a Libartarian candidate. Rand Paul; who knows?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
If I was GOP, I'd go: Christie / Rubio
I hate to get into this debate less than 24 hours after the election, but I think Christie shot himself in the foot, but making too much out of the visit of Obama and I am not sure he is really interested, or should I say his family isn't interested. And I am not sure Chirsie/Rubio would be a good combination: they are both good separately, but I just don't see them together...

I am one of those, that looking at Clinton and her husband as well, I can't see them ever doing the campaing trail. They both look like, you know what, both are aging, ungracefully and I take her at her word: she wants out of politics period. Even Bob Beckle has said, the Democrats do not have as much young talent as the Republicans. Biden would be a joke..
I doubt that any of those on the list for the GOP other than Rubio and Chrisie are even moderately serious candidates. Of course I didn't think Romney would get the nomination either, so what do I know?

Last edited by nmnita; 11-07-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Bush was a great president compared to Obama. No comparison.

Hahahahhahahah, thats the funniest thing I have ever heard, bush a great president!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections