Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly said tonight that if President Barack Obama wins re-election, it’s because the demographics of the country have changed and “it’s not a traditional America anymore.”

“The white establishment is now the minority,” O'Reilly said. “And the voters, many of them, feel that the economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You are going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama's way. People feel that they are entitled to things and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

So basically he reiterates the Republican belief that non whites are not Americans and are all bunch of freeloaders.

And GOP wonders why they lost, and will keep losing
This is bull! THE TRUTH IS, white people are hurting, and most white people identify more with Obama, than they do with a privileged guy, born into wealth, whom is currently worth over a quarter of a billion dollars. Also, many younger people (younger than age 55) are concerned about losing Social Security and Medicare for retirement as we know it. Romney proved to be very shrewd, and calculating in his debating technique. The vast majority of white people do not care about race, especially considering the economic recession caused by the previous (white) republican administration.

Many (white) people saw Romney for exactly what he was; which was a very rich guy who's primary concern is the concerns of the wealthy.

The idea that Hispanics are becoming a more significant voting block is also over rated, because in general, Hispanics have the same concerns and fears that middle white class, and the poor have. People are not on food stamps because they are lazy, it is because they have fallen on bad times, and have either lost their job, or are currently working at a job that does not pay enough to live.

Last edited by 9162; 11-07-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM

488 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just what IS 'traditional America'?

Landed, slave-owning gentry ruling the roost?

The average man being able to afford a home?

Black and White lunch counters at the local Five & Ten?

Volunteers feeding the hungry?

Meddling in other countries' affairs like the CIA in Chile?

Fighting a World War for good reason?

Fighting a war in SouthEast Asia for no good reason?

Putting a man on the moon?

Putting a man in a foxhole to fight someone else's war?

Sending aid to an earthquake ravaged land because we can?

Invading/occupying another country that's done nothing to us because we can?

Developing a society that lives rather well by world standards?

Having some Americans live in conditions that are horrid by anyone's standards?

Producing life saving drugs for many?

Wasting million$ on a war on other drugs?

Just what/where IS this mystical 'traditional America' Mr. O'Reilly speaks of?
Well, let's see... The new traditional America has...

Banks, owning properties over-inflated in value, keeping people who take out mortgages as serfs dedicated to preserving their FICO scores perpetually with a terminus in a fat-invested 401k. It is a life-long serfdom leading to a non-producing leeching of capital without actual production of anything but revenue.

The average American person cannot afford their own home. That is why they must take out large mortgages. Same for cars, maintaining affluent-appearing enviable life'styles' and so on & on.

Segregation via ideology, economy and the intertwining of race thru a stupified cultural focus centered on unilateral acceptance without reflection or logic.

Those volunteers still feed the hungry and will until they have nothing to serve.

As long as the American Empire can, it will meddle in other countries' affairs. It still does. Now we have a DHS that will prod into American lives as it will and the TSA gropes & steals & stares at x-ray photos @ domestic airports. Feel safe enough yet?

World War II was uninteresting to Americans until FDR & Co. forced Japan to attack Pearl Harbor by dint of an oil embargo, the last straw for a burgeoning Japan. Quite a traditional false flag if ever there was one- and it got the US out of the Depression. SE Asia was the continuation of the Korean War- as a counterpoint to keeping Asia open to Western ideology & future markets.

The moon landing? All that Nazi tech brought in by the likes of Werner von Braun actually is celebrated? Would you like to ponder the interesting connection of Dr. Martin Bormann, tick research, Plum Island, NY and Lyme, CT? The ole' Soviets got some of those scientists, too. Progress can be distressing when the roots of it are known.

American standards of living are in decline, nonetheless all the associative gilted products made in Asia (Korean War? > Vietnam War? > Japanese electronics & current Chinese manufacturing = a successful economic territorial war) that people find indispensible- that are made in Asian 'slave' factories. America can no longer afford to create what it deems indispensible at home. Perhaps that is why so many Americans live in such squalor and need government subsidies, such as traditional American farmers who must grovel for civic monies to place food at market and in over a hundred other countries globally. What is all this business in the ME all about? Oil is just one piece of the puzzle; clear perusal of history provides a few others.

Ah, drugs! The war on drugs is ever-purposeful. It provides markets (& employments) in corrections/rehabilitations, psychiatrics, pharmaceuticals, various health industries, etc. Are you aware that the war on drugs is coming into full fruition as quite the enabler of the health industrial complex? Why buy your dope on a street corner when you can get it from a certified doctor made in the (presumably) sterile environments of a corporate facility? Fully legalized marijuana will come in pill form. Our children are being taught that healthy living comes in milligrams and proper dosages supplied by health professionals under the patina of salvation from disease, physical and/or mental. There is always more prevention to another official 'illness' that plagues our citizenry. Why Americans are so relaxed about this... but feeling good & believing in aiding good health are indispensible, no? And all those 'luxury' taxes are a dedicated source of revenue!

Traditional America IS alive & well and you willfully participate it and just as willfully ignore what you don't want to see of it. Don't let the bright neon lights of false distraction guile you into feeling otherwise.

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 11-07-2012 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Funny how it is ok for minorities to stick together but it is not acceptable for whites.
I think old white men have done a GREAT job of sticking together--that's your problem. You've shoved just about everyone else out of the republican party. Your problem is that there aren't enough old white men in the country for you to win elections if that's all you have. The majority of women and minorities aren't going to vote your way if you constantly insult them or tell them how they should live their lives and control their own bodies. Most Americans will support moderate fiscal conservative policies, but they don't support extreme social or economic ones.

What is it about race with some of you people? Is that really the only thing you care about or see? It's at the bottom of my list...

Old 11-07-2012, 02:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just what IS 'traditional America'?

Landed, slave-owning gentry ruling the roost?

The average man being able to afford a home?

Black and White lunch counters at the local Five & Ten?

Volunteers feeding the hungry?

Meddling in other countries' affairs like the CIA in Chile?

Fighting a World War for good reason?

Fighting a war in SouthEast Asia for no good reason?

Putting a man on the moon?

Putting a man in a foxhole to fight someone else's war?

Sending aid to an earthquake ravaged land because we can?

Invading/occupying another country that's done nothing to us because we can?

Developing a society that lives rather well by world standards?

Having some Americans live in conditions that are horrid by anyone's standards?

Producing life saving drugs for many?

Wasting million$ on a war on other drugs?

Just what/where IS this mystical 'traditional America' Mr. O'Reilly speaks of?
^

Did you forget what Europeans did to Native American traditions?

Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
Tax rates on the wealthy were 70 to 90 percent in the good old 50s and 60s. The social safety nets were far more expansive and generous. The average CEO made no more than 10 times the average worker. Wall Street was not the biggest industry in the US. Jobs were not being shipped overseas left and right by the rich elites. The middle class was the strongest it ever was and so were the unions. Workers were not under constant attack. The richest did not control 90 percent of the wealth nor did they hide their money in overseas tax havens. War was not big business yet. Healthcare and education costs were not out of control. It was a middle class centered economy, not one run by and for the richest.

Yes lets go back to that traditional America.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
This is bull! THE TRUTH IS, white people are hurting, and most white people identify more with Obama, than they do with a privileged guy, born into wealth, whom is currently worth over a quarter of a billion dollars. Also, many younger people (younger than age 55) are concerned about losing Social Security an Medicare for retirement as we know it. Romney proved to be very shrewd, and calculating in his debating technique. The vast majority of white people do not care about race, especially considered the economic recession caused by the previous (white) republican administration.

Many (white) people saw Romney for exactly what he was; which was a very rich guy who's primary concern is the concerns of the wealthy.

The idea that Hispanics are becoming a more significant voting block is also over rated, because in general, Hispanics have the same concerns and fears that middle white class, and the poor have. People are not on food stamps because they are lazy, it is because they have fallen on bad times, and have either lost their job, or are currently working at a job that does not pay enough to live.
I agree with this in regards to white Americans.

The large majority of white Americans don't think about race or even gender they think about their pockets/pocketbooks like all other Americans.

But I will admit that I agree with Bill in regards to people voting for "stuff." The stuff that we all voted for are based on the issues at hand. I do think as well that in a way, that many of us will depend on the government for specific things in our lives - especially in regards to social security and medicare. I think that that plan of Ryan's turned a lot of people off - including myself. Younger Americans have paid into those programs, and we feel we should have them just as much as the older generations.

So in a way I do agree with Bill on that, but I do think with his "traditional" view that he will come across as prejudiced. This is based on the fact that he mentioned various demographics of people in that lecture. He pointed people out and other, ignorant, uneducated people will pounce on those comments and think they are about "free birth control" or "free abortions." Stupid crap like that. It was not about those small details, it was about major programs in our country IMO.

And FWIW, I'm still waiting on my "stuff" that is supposedly given to me because I am black lol. I have yet to receive this stuff and like I have mentioned before, I want it to be specifically for black people, something free that no one else in the country can get.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 PM

488 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Tax rates on the wealthy were 70 to 90 percent in the good old 50s and 60s. The social safety nets were far more expansive and generous. The average CEO made no more than 10 times the average worker. Wall Street was not the biggest industry in the US. Jobs were not being shipped overseas left and right by the rich elites. The middle class was the strongest it ever was and so were the unions. Workers were not under constant attack. The richest did not control 90 percent of the wealth nor did they hide their money in overseas tax havens. War was not big business yet. Healthcare and education costs were not out of control. It was a middle class centered economy, not one run by and for the richest.

Yes lets go back to that traditional America.
That will simply not be allowed nor is it viable. Profit is the new messiah & all else serves it.

Americans want ease, not honest work. You may as well tell the average American to put down their technological trinkets & pick up a hoe to till a soil they care nothing about except by recollected alarmist platitudes spewed by the right Rev. Al Gore and fellow-minded accolytes. That is how sensible American youth are to hard work. Airy feel-good guilt trips meant to create a delusion of actual involvement by parroting acceptable gibberish. Besides, America has so much good fortune they must spread it around by giving their less-glamourous employments to the filthy 'them' from other places. Seriously, who doesn't want to star in some circa 1990's Benneton ad since the reality is that the 'traditional' racial demographics of America find mere kitchen work, say, as demeaning?

Young America only cares what the likes of Brad Pitt or Miley Cyrus informs them to care about. They think these examples make for proper living. That's why they spend so much for their token certificates & degrees at places of higher social networking.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:28 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Read your bible and find out. God is in control always. He gives people a free mind and sees what choice they make. He will intervene when he wants. It is a life of testing here on earth. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life.

The end of the Bible talks about how man will destroy himself through his own ignorance and following satan. The book of Revelation , the last book in the Bible is a book of world wide destruction brought on by following the anti-christ .
Couldn't rep you again but your post is A+++++++++++ in my view.

I would guess that GOD can't be happy of what's transpired with this presidential election.

They'll be readers of this who'll think we're crazy and that they're above GOD - I say let them be.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Couldn't rep you again but your post is A+++++++++++ in my view.

I would guess that GOD can't be happy of what's transpired with this presidential election.

They'll be readers of this who'll think we're crazy and that they're above GOD - I say let them be.

I think ya'll must be praying to the wrong God. The God I know and love isn't so intolerant and hateful. Right wingers do not have a monopoly on Christianity or morality, but somehow think it's okay to use Jesus as a tool to win elections. Too bad, so sad time for a new strategy. Something that involves separation of church and state may yield better results.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Insulting and dissing folks and then expecting their support is a very weak strategy.
Some folks never learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections