Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He has done his job and that is what is ticking off ethnocentric Hispanics. He doesn't harass brown people. That's an outright lie! Show where he used taxpayer money to investigate Obama's birthplace. According to Hispanics questioning any Hispanic is a civil right's violation but their agenda is quite clear.
Arizona Sheriff Arpaio uses taxpayers' money to send birther investigators to Hawaii | Washington Times Communities

His response to getting caught using taxpayer money for birther idiocy: "So what?"

He's got two racial profiling suits against him - a class action one and one filed by the DOJ. His office has a long history of getting sued for various rights infringements, costing taxpayers enormous sums of money.

The man is a racist thug. He should be the one wearing pink underwear and rotting in a tent in the desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
When I moved to Arizona, he was kind of a funny character and likeable. Then, as the years went on, he got nuttier and meaner. He scapegoats the illegals for every issue there is. He's just an old kook basically.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Arizona Sheriff Arpaio uses taxpayers' money to send birther investigators to Hawaii | Washington Times Communities

His response to getting caught using taxpayer money for birther idiocy: "So what?"

He's got two racial profiling suits against him - a class action one and one filed by the DOJ. His office has a long history of getting sued for various rights infringements, costing taxpayers enormous sums of money.

The man is a racist thug. He should be the one wearing pink underwear and rotting in a tent in the desert.
Well, Sheriff Joe has evidence of Obama's birth in Kenya... Oh oh, same announcement shows his twin brother, Mitt Romney.... what?

Young Kenyan mother names new-born twins Barack Obama and Mitt Romney | Mail Online

Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
People from out of Arizona. Arpaio does not enforce immigration laws. He TALKS about it. He is not tough on crime. He TALKs tough, but his deputies have little responsibility in areas other than retirement towns like Sun City and the open desert. His main job under state law is to run the county jail. It is a big job. Arpaio is not a hard boiled conservative - he TALKS like one. He backed Janet Napolitano for governor, for heavens sake. And lastly, he is not a bigot. He just TALKS like one.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, Sheriff Joe has evidence of Obama's birth in Kenya... Oh oh, same announcement shows his twin brother, Mitt Romney.... what?

Young Kenyan mother names new-born twins Barack Obama and Mitt Romney | Mail Online
Trump is from Kenya as well. While on Leno, Obama recalled playing soccer with Trump as a child in Kenya.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Indeed. As long as Republicans embrace this sort of candidate, the Latino population will remain solidly on the Democratic side. On a national level, Joe Arpaio probably won as many votes for the Democratic Party as Mourdoch.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Lawsuits don't equate to a conviction. Hispanic advocacy groups are seeking to hang him because he detains illegal immigrants most of whom are Hispanic by nature. There is nothing racist about enforcing our immigration laws. The real racists are the Hispanics who think their ethnic group should be above our laws. Google what the pink underwear was really about and no one is "rotting" in a tent either.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
no one is "rotting" in a tent either.
Probably not. With hundreds of people in tents when it's 115 degrees during the Summer if one of them were to die the stench of rotting flesh would be overwhelming.

My guess is Arpaio would move the body ASAP.

Whoops, I checked. The temperatures inside the tents hit 155 to 165. My guess is Arpaio would move the body faster than ASAP. Of course, he'd make the other inmates do it but, yes the body would be moved out of the tents faster than you can say "green bologna sandwich".

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
When I was abroad in Eastern Europe in in 2008 for work I had to carry all of my documentation at all times. I was stopped in Tirana, Albania and asked to provide documentation as I was walking up the street.....So I did and the officers let me go on my way. If you are in a country that isn't your own you should reasonably expect to be asked.
Yes: We should mirror Albania! What a grand role model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections