Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM

990 posts, read 939,717 times

Advertisements

Seriously, all this Jeb Bush talk is completely insane. Do the GOP leaders really believe that America would support another Bush being president after the previous 2 Bushes have left office as unpopular failures? (even though Bush Sr. didn't deserve that reputation, he was actually a decent president)

I can already make the attack ads for the Democrats:
"George Bush Sr. put the country into a recession.
George Bush Jr. led us into the Great Recession and the endless wars in the Middle East.
Can we really afford to give another Bush a chance to destroy the country?
Vote (a Democrat's name here) this November to keep the country from suffering through another member of the Bush family."

Why not look at former governors Buddy Roemer or Gary Johnson? They'd be much easier to sell to moderates and Bush haters...

If the GOP wants to lose, they should nominate Jeb Bush in 2016...if they want to win, it has to be a Libertarian or a Moderate, not some Bachmann/Santorum type nutjob and not another member of the Bush family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
1. As it stands today, and probably for the forseable future ... the party activists are far too conservative to support Jeb Bush.

2. Jeb Bush doesn't have the 'fire in his belly' to take-on the right-wingnuts that will be campaigning for the job in 2016.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,147 times
W Bush can't even show his face anymore. That name ain't gonna win you anything. So unpopular!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Seriously, all this Jeb Bush talk is completely insane. Do the GOP leaders really believe that America would support another Bush being president after the previous 2 Bushes have left office as unpopular failures? (even though Bush Sr. didn't deserve that reputation, he was actually a decent president)

I can already make the attack ads for the Democrats:
"George Bush Sr. put the country into a recession.
George Bush Jr. led us into the Great Recession and the endless wars in the Middle East.
Can we really afford to give another Bush a chance to destroy the country?
Vote (a Democrat's name here) this November to keep the country from suffering through another member of the Bush family."

Why not look at former governors Buddy Roemer or Gary Johnson? They'd be much easier to sell to moderates and Bush haters...

If the GOP wants to lose, they should nominate Jeb Bush in 2016...if they want to win, it has to be a Libertarian or a Moderate, not some Bachmann/Santorum type nutjob and not another member of the Bush family.
Bachmann almost got thrown out. She barely won. Too bad but maybe the closeness of the race will get peoples attention. I was hoping she wasn't going to run and was busy building a bomb shelter.

Bachmann during the debates late 2011 "we have an IAEA report, that just recently came out, that said, literally, that Iran is within just months of being able to obtain that weapon."

Maybe government months is like years in real people terms? After all it does take government forever to get things done.

Course she could have hitched a ride with Newt on his moon rocket instead.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Seriously, all this Jeb Bush talk is completely insane. Do the GOP leaders really believe that America would support another Bush being president after the previous 2 Bushes have left office as unpopular failures?
I don't think that is as insane as you might think. I have tremendous admiration for Jeb and if the Republican Party were to return to sanity I would seriously consider actively supporting him. As for Bush 41, I don't agree in the least bit that he was a failure as president, quite the opposite. I believe to this day that his action with regards to Kuwait was an admirable use of American military power. Having said that, even if Dubya was just a mediocre president, a third member from the same family would push the limits of American dynastic tolerance, so following the disaster that was Bush 44, I think the possibility of a Bush 46 to be extremely unlikely but it isn't impossible.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't think that is as insane as you might think. I have tremendous admiration for Jeb and if the Republican Party were to return to sanity I would seriously consider actively supporting him. As for Bush 41, I don't agree in the least bit that he was a failure as president, quite the opposite. I believe to this day that his action with regards to Kuwait was an admirable use of American military power. Having said that, even if Dubya was just a mediocre president, a third member from the same family would push the limits of American dynastic tolerance, so following the disaster that was Bush 44, I think the possibility of a Bush 46 to be extremely unlikely but it isn't impossible.
What "disaster" did G.W. Bush cause?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Is the GOP really dumb enough to nominate another Bush?

Yes, it is.

I would NEVER vote for anybody from that family, or anybody who worked for any of them, Colin Powell included.

They are notorious for hiring sleaze bags like Lee Atwater and Karl Rove and dragging this country through rivers of blood and excrement.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 PM

121 posts, read 152,972 times
Read the other recent Jeb Bush thread where the right is getting all giddy imagining scenarios with Jeb being nominated. They honestly believe this is a real possibility that the American people will accept. I wouldn't put anything past the right wing media. They live in their own alternate reality where W was a great president and Romney won the election.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,824 times
Jeb won't run unless he can win, he is smart guy and probably would have made a great president. Too bad W beat him to the punch.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times
As a Florida resident who witnessed Jeb Bush govern and who is a liberal, I have say that Jeb Bush was a good governor. Who cares about his last name? His demeanor is more moderate than conservative. He speaks Spanish and's married to a Latina. He has even called out the extremism within the current GOP.

Jeb Bush's performance as a governor was spectacular. You think Chris Christie did a good job after Sandy? Jeb Bush was governor of a state that was obliterated by 3 hurricanes in 2004.

Jeb isn't a bad guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections