Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
You can turn a blind eye to reality all you want. But I was sitting back enjoying my popcorn while watching the media denigrate Hillary's image. Her desire to stay in the race till the very end was perfectly justified and she had a feasible case to take to the convention. But the media tore her to shreds.
Or I could be one of the few people on this site that actually worked on political campaigns and sat in strategy meetings.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Or I could be one of the few people on this site that actually worked on political campaigns.
As did I! Woo hoo! That plus a dollar will buy you a bottle of water.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
As did I! Woo hoo! That plus a dollar will buy you a bottle of water.
If that is true, then you know you are wrong.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
You can turn a blind eye to reality all you want. But I was sitting back enjoying my popcorn while watching the media denigrate Hillary's image. Her desire to stay in the race till the very end was perfectly justified and she had a feasible case to take to the convention. But the media tore her to shreds.
I was shocked. The media turned on a Clinton, and it was savage, they made her and Bill look like two old racist crackers from the deep south. And they locked Obama's past misdeeds away and ridiculed viciously anyone who brought them up.

But that's old news now. They fell in love with Obama, got him elected and destroyed their reputations and now the MSM is nothing but a mouthpiece for the Democratic party. Soon they'll try to fall in love with Hillary again, but it will be interesting to see if Christie co-opts them.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
I will vote for Hillary of Cory Booker and im a 21 year old college student.
Quote:

And what's to say uninformed voters only look at charisma ? why cant they look only at experience ?
If you mean it about Booker, then hit the NJ forum and find some Newark folks to talk to about Booker. This guy is all flash and cash and a big smile...if he ever becomes president then God help us all.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:34 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Could a Republican bet Hillary, possibly, but the likelihood of that happening is low. Hillary beats Rick Perry head to head in Texas in the latest polls 48% to 44% (June 28, July 1st.), although 500 people is a very small sample i must say.

She beats Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio in Florida again, 500 people is a small sample, but its from Quinnipiac which is right leaning.

She also beats Rubio in Georgia.

25 years of baggage is what others would call experience, you see that as a minus others will see it as a plus.

I will vote for Hillary of Cory Booker and im a 21 year old college student.
Perry won't run, Jeb has the legacy of his brother holding him back and Rubio is dead to Republican Conservatives due to his Amnesty BS.

Those scenarios aren't valid, it will be someone else

Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. The only reason she spoke out on NAFTA was to try to get union votes in the 2008 primaries, she still supports it and always has despite obvious lipservice for votes.

2. Walmarts very existance is anti-worker, there have been a million threads on this around here. Dear god, if this were a (R) candidate you'd be screaming bloody murder about their walmart ties, low worker wages etc etc.

3. You can't write off close to a decade of afghanistan support as Hillary being "tricked".

4. Obama was winning primaries before it went negative. Hillary was the clear front runner when he started winning and he wasn't even on the attack radar. Oprah factored huge in Iowa where she is beloved.
1.She spoke out about the problems of NAFTA before she started running for President, although, im guess you will just place that in the realm of " she knew she would eventually run"

2. You have read enough of my comments to know the bold is wrong. And that Wal Mart was a far different company when Sam Walton was still alive. Comparing Wal Mart in 1990 is not the same as Wal Mart in 2013.

3. If it were a decade of support, i couldnt.

4. Oprah Endorsed Barack Obama on May 3rd, 2007

Quote:
Rassmussen Poll, April 16–19, 2007 Hillary Clinton 32%, Barack Obama 32%, John Edwards 17%, Bill Richardson 3%, Joe Biden 1%, Chris Dodd 1%, Wesley Clark 1%
I also never said he wasnt already winning primaries ( Iowa was the very first one, so obviously that would be dumb to say ). I said she went negative in states that she was in danger of losing.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Perry won't run, Jeb has the legacy of his brother holding him back and Rubio is dead to Republican Conservatives due to his Amnesty BS.

Those scenarios aren't valid, it will be someone else
Home state candidates poll better than out of stater's, that is why i chose them.

And Marco Rubio is currently leading in every single nationwide Republican poll other than PPP who has Christie.

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-11-2013 at 12:30 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I was shocked. The media turned on a Clinton, and it was savage, they made her and Bill look like two old racist crackers from the deep south. And they locked Obama's past misdeeds away and ridiculed viciously anyone who brought them up.

But that's old news now. They fell in love with Obama, got him elected and destroyed their reputations and now the MSM is nothing but a mouthpiece for the Democratic party. Soon they'll try to fall in love with Hillary again, but it will be interesting to see if Christie co-opts them.
when did FOX news become a mouth piece of the democratic party ?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I don't believe that Hillary will run with the health problems that she has had. I doubt she would be up to the stress of the job. I think they just keep bringing her up because they don't have anyone else to really promote at this time. The way things are going in the US, we will probably have a dictator by 2016. Oh, that's right, we already have someone who thinks he is dictator and how's that working for us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections