Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I believe you are only partially right: yes, the church did not recognize blacks for years. In fact that is one reason I hated BYU and their sports programs.. I didn't care who beat them..I was pissed, they couldn't accept blacks as equals but sure didn't mind having them play for the school...Now, did her color hurt her? I really don't think so, it may have costed her a few votes, but not enough to swing the election...Just because a website says something does not mean its' members and viewers agree. I have said this about the Republican platform for years...
How can you say all these things about BYU, the Mormon church and blacks... but then blame the left and the media?

This is another reason the GOP is shrinking... if you say it, it's true.. but if someone else says the same exact thing it's a leftist, media driven agenda.

Even if her color cost her a few votes, I think her color and sex played a part, it shows that race played a part in her loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The GOP did Herman Cain in... and his insane Libya interview didn't help... and what the hell is a head spook? What power would Mia have that would make the NWO so scared?

I'm sick of people like you claiming not to care... but as soon as your guy or girl loses it's a conspiracy.
Yeah, the GOP/MSM and NWO did Herman Cain in. You never heard of CIA agents being referred to as "spooks"? Seriously? I guess you must be under 30 or have lived in a box.

Black Conservatives shaking off the shackles of Democrat enslavement, scares the NWO out of it panties. Can't let those Negroes get all uppity about freedom, you know!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Yeah, the GOP/MSM and NWO did Herman Cain in. You never heard of CIA agents being referred to as "spooks"? Seriously? I guess you must be under 30 or have lived in a box.

Black Conservatives shaking off the shackles of Democrat enslavement, scares the NWO out of it panties. Can't let those Negroes get all uppity about freedom, you know!
I have to disagree here. During the primary I followed this fairly closely. Cain was either leading or within a point of the lead until his infamous Libya intervew on 11-14-11. You can look at it here. Within a day or two of that interview, he started dropping like a rock in the polls.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

I was a Cain supporter, or at least sympathizer--even sent him a few bucks. But he looked terrible in that interview, and not ready to be POTUS. He did it to himself--there was no NWO pulling any strings.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have to disagree here. During the primary I followed this fairly closely. Cain was either leading or within a point of the lead until his infamous Libya intervew on 11-14-11. You can look at it here. Within a day or two of that interview, he started dropping like a rock in the polls.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

I was a Cain supporter, or at least sympathizer--even sent him a few bucks. But he looked terrible in that interview, and not ready to be POTUS. He did it to himself--there was no NWO pulling any strings.
I'm going to be honest, I do not recall the content of the interview on Libya. Did Cain oppose interfering in Libya? I thought the whole sexual harassment nonsense was manufactured and unproven.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 AM

He was at a loss for words; didn't seem to know anything about Libya. You can watch a the interview on youtube; just google Youtube+Cain+Libya. There are several versions of varying length.

The sex stuff broke on Oct 30 (by Politico), and he remained in the lead for about 2 weeks after it broke, so I think most people like you (and me) weren't fazed by it. After the Nov 14 interview, though, his numbers started to plummet.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
I'm still trying to understand why so many folks give a damn about ONE losing candidate in one meaningless district in Utah. She would have been a backbencher regardless, right? Or were you Repubs planning on making her the Speaker of the House?

Geez, enough about Mia Love already.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He was at a loss for words; didn't seem to know anything about Libya. You can watch a the interview on youtube; just google Youtube+Cain+Libya. There are several versions of varying length.

The sex stuff broke on Oct 30 (by Politico), and he remained in the lead for about 2 weeks after it broke, so I think most people like you (and me) weren't fazed by it. After the Nov 14 interview, though, his numbers started to plummet.
Okay, I just watched it:

Herman Cain on Libya - YouTube

The interviewers were vicious, partisan, gotcha attack dogs. I see a man who paused, found the need to retrieve the information he had on the different countries in turmoil in the Mid-East (Syria and Libya could be easily confused in one's mind), and then proceeded with a thoughtful reply. Of course, the Left-wingers only focused on the opening 1:15 of the interview and ignored the rest. Was the point to make him look like a dumb black man? I suppose that's the length of the average American's attention span. Cain was a good man who could have beaten Obama.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to understand why so many folks give a damn about ONE losing candidate in one meaningless district in Utah. She would have been a backbencher regardless, right? Or were you Repubs planning on making her the Speaker of the House?

Geez, enough about Mia Love already.
This is a thread about Mia Love. If you're not interested in her, why read it?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Okay, I just watched it:

Herman Cain on Libya - YouTube

The interviewers were vicious, partisan, gotcha attack dogs. I see a man who paused, found the need to retrieve the information he had on the different countries in turmoil in the Mid-East (Syria and Libya could be easily confused in one's mind), and then proceeded with a thoughtful reply. Of course, the Left-wingers only focused on the opening 1:15 of the interview and ignored the rest. Was the point to make him look like a dumb black man? I suppose that's the length of the average American's attention span. Cain was a good man who could have beaten Obama.
Well in the end, I suppose it's a subjective call. He said he was sleep-deprived. Plus Obama had his similar moments ('57 states') and it didn't derail him. It did give me pause, however. He's running for Commander in Chief--he should have been better prepared. Gotta resist making excuses.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
This is a thread about Mia Love. If you're not interested in her, why read it?
Answer the question. I've asked it 3 times in this thread. What's so fascinating about this one race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections