Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

I dare you to read his work (no matter your political persuasion) and not come away thinking that he has some great points. He has a remarkable ability to articulate his opinions and positions in a straightforward and original way.

The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage: Greg Gutfeld: 9780307986962: Amazon.com: Books

funny, twisted, irreverent; blended together with a very generous helping of insight and intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
That's right... and up is down and black is white. Kinda reminds me of Gordon Gekko's "Greed is Good" Speech. I suppose next we'll have some other RWNJ try to argue that pregnancy from rape is actually God's will...

Gordon Gekko -Greed is Good-.MP4 - YouTube

Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's right... and up is down and black is white. Kinda reminds me of Gordon Gekko's "Greed is Good" Speech. I suppose next we'll have some other RWNJ try to argue that pregnancy from rape is actually God's will...
Not that the lazy, do nothing, expect to get money they didn't work for and certainly don't deserve, no that is not a definition of greedy.

Poor example, if you are going to attack these people because "they didn't work for the money instead getting it from investments. Isn't people who get welfare the same thing... they didn't work for the money either. What's the difference?

Read the book, you might be able to identify yourself. It's hilarious.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
I'm a fan of Mr. Gutfeld. I watch him on "The Five."

Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
It's funny because almost all of the whining and phony outrage on this board comes from the right -- NOT the left.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
It's funny because almost all of the whining and phony outrage on this board comes from the right -- NOT the left.
It does? Well, we are being called racist, poor, uneducated, trailer park trash mooching on welfare. To be honest, the left is sounding more like a bunch of sore losers than part of the team that won the election. Perhaps because they know deep down the win was relatively narrow and isn't some big sweeping endorsement of Obama, their party, or their ideology and that it doesn't mean there is a permanent Democratic majority going forward as some are asserting and are desperate to convince themselves otherwise.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Never heard of him before, but man, do I love people who aren't afraid to tweak the status quo and entrenched partisan mindsets. To prove his point, you don't have to look any further than the disappearance of the antiwar movement under Obama. His foreign policy is just as horrendous as Bush's, maybe even worse, but the Left is completely silent -- or they make excuses if they bring the subject up at all. We all know that if Bush was drone-bombing women and children, taking unilateral military action, and running a secret kill list, the Left would be howling from the rooftops.

Intellectual honesty -- catch it!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I dare you to read his work (no matter your political persuasion) and not come away thinking that he has some great points. He has a remarkable ability to articulate his opinions and positions in a straightforward and original way.

The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage: Greg Gutfeld: 9780307986962: Amazon.com: Books

funny, twisted, irreverent; blended together with a very generous helping of insight and intelligence.
He has to be one of the funniest guys I know. I can't wait to read it...

Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It does? Well, we are being called racist, poor, uneducated, trailer park trash mooching on welfare. To be honest, the left is sounding more like a bunch of sore losers than part of the team that won the election. Perhaps because they know deep down the win was relatively narrow and isn't some big sweeping endorsement of Obama, their party, or their ideology and that it doesn't mean there is a permanent Democratic majority going forward as some are asserting and are desperate to convince themselves otherwise.
Perhaps they're starting to realize they didn't win a single thing. In the end, we all lose.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Perhaps they're starting to realize they didn't win a single thing. In the end, we all lose.
Yep, and it's going to hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections