Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Really? Is that why they control the house, have 30 governorships and if hadn't been for a couple of true nut cases could have captured the senate??
They control the house due to gerrymandering, i. e. Trent Franks in Arizona.

How many of those 30 governors can actually win the presidency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Condoleezza Rice

or Colin Powell. Either is better than the usual suspects who are brought up here on a regular basis by the Regressives.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM

306 posts, read 758,350 times
Jeb Bush

Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I have come to the conclussion that both parties are doing their level best to destroy the country and as things stand at the moment, I see no real and true reason to vote for either of the main two parties. Both parties have lost track of the principals this country was founded upon and both parties are leading us down the road to Marxism. The only question is which one will get us there the fastest. We are losing this country and most are too blind to see it coming. I sure am glad I am an older man and won't have to watch the end result of where our politicians are leading the sheep of this country.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Marc Rudov.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, let's see how they do? As for Susana M I am assuming you haven't checked her approval ratings lately, nor paid much attention to the attention she is getting nationally? Regardless of what happens in 2014, at this stage the majority of governors belong to one party..That is the issue, not what will happen 2 years from now..
I'm interested in what the future holds. That future doesn't look too rosy for your (and my former) party. The best part is that it's a self-inflicted wound. A wound they show no interest in treating.

Quote:
Oh, the unpopular congress, yes, we all feel the same. they are not doing what many of us elected them to do, that is why the ratings are so low: But, don't forget, the senate is the congress as well or did you not pay attention in civics classes? The congress consists of 2 houses: the house of representatives and the Senate. I have yet to see a poll giving the senate high marks and the house of representatives low marks...Have you?
I don't know of any poll that separates the two houses.

Do you?

Again, the GOP can't decide who/what they are, but they agree on hating the president and stalling economic recovery. Not exactly an agenda aimed at furthering the national interest. The public is taking notice of the GOP filibusters in the senate and the teabagging in the house.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default GOP in 2016

I would hope the Republican Party returns to its roots and nominates the most religious, crony capitalism, militarist, one world racist fool they can find. They could include Palin as VP as well.

This would give the country a clear choice between insanity and reason.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
They control the house due to gerrymandering, i. e. Trent Franks in Arizona.

How many of those 30 governors can actually win the presidency?
you are completely off base here: the fact remains they control the house, it doesn't make much difference how or why. I can think of a few newly elected Deomocrats that won because of gerrymandering...

As for how many governors could be elceted Pres, ask the same question about the Democrat governors. In case you haven't noticed, there are very few people period that could be elected President regardless of what side they are on...

Now, if you really feel better about spinning the question go right ahead and spin, but your comments have nothing to do with my response to someone else...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'm interested in what the future holds. That future doesn't look too rosy for your (and my former) party. The best part is that it's a self-inflicted wound. A wound they show no interest in treating.

I don't know of any poll that separates the two houses.

Do you?

Again, the GOP can't decide who/what they are, but they agree on hating the president and stalling economic recovery. Not exactly an agenda aimed at furthering the national interest. The public is taking notice of the GOP filibusters in the senate and the teabagging in the house.
My point exactly: the two houses can not be separated, but you were the one that referred to congress as if it was just the house when you made reference to the low approval ratings on congress being controlled by Republicans; my point, simply is, the low rating refers to both houses, one controlled by the GOP,the other the Democrats.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would hope the Republican Party returns to its roots and nominates the most religious, crony capitalism, militarist, one world racist fool they can find. They could include Palin as VP as well.

This would give the country a clear choice between insanity and reason.
and who would you choose for the Democrats to nominate? I think it is very interesting, some on here could care less about what is best for the country, they just want to see the other side go down. Obviously you must feel that way or you wouldn't hope for a candidate that would get beat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections