Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Cory Booker is looking at running for senate in 2014... if he wins, I doubt he turns right back around and starts a presidential bid. Look for him in 2020/2024.

Hilary has the inside track if she decides to run again. Until she says in 2015 that she's not running, I'll consider her the dem frontrunner.

After the freakshow that was last years republican primary, it's hard to speculate who the GOP frontrunners would be. I think Christie, positioning himself as a moderate, would be a competitive choice.
I think you nailed this. That said, a lot can change in four years, but as things stand today I think you're exactly right. I've dismissed Christie in the past as being too brusk for the midwest, but he showed a lot of heart and a willingness to put the needs of his people above politics during Sandy. That was a turning point for him. People are hungry for leaders who actually want to get something done vs. just throw punches and name call the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Au Contraire-

My IQ, which has been objectively measured, would suggest otherwise. I would offer, that by a near 100% certainty, that you, my friend, are a relative "idiot".

You Sir, are and idiot. Do not come to a gun fight with a knife. If you want to match IQ points or academic degrees and accolades, let me know- if you want to embarass yourself and engage in introspection for your inadequacies. If not............ carry on.
Just a tip--if you feel the need to TELL people that you're smart and well educated to justify your point, it generally means that no one (and I mean no one) is going to believe that from what you say. Really intelligent, well educated people have this pesky little tendency of saying intelligent, well thought out things. They don't have to trot out their resume or lamely try to insult others when they open their mouth, because people immediately KNOW they're intelligent--even if they disagree--by what they say. Food for thought.

Last edited by mb1547; 01-24-2013 at 07:21 AM..

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Just a tip--if you feel the need to TELL people that you're smart and well educated to justify your point, it generally means that no one (and I mean no one) is going to believe that from what you say. Really intelligent, well educated people have this pesky little tendency of saying intelligent, well thought out things. They don't have to trot out their resume or lamely try to insult others when they open their mouth, because people immediately KNOW they're intelligent--even if they disagree--by what they say. Food for thought.
Well said. Even though in fairness his intelligence was being attacked, trotting out IQ's usually just comes across as the intellectual equivalent of ''mine's bigger'' (or ''short man's complex'' as the case may be).

In fact they oughta post a warning here, for anyone expecting a meeting of the minds and sophisticated intellectual discourse.... ''Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here!''

Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM

112 posts, read 207,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Good point. It's like when people post ignorant, racist s*it, and then claim not to be racist because they have several black friends.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM

109 posts, read 128,287 times
I still think H. Clinton will be our next POTUS and run against Chris Christie. I think the swing states will be Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia ,and the usual Florida

Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
By culling a dependent, lower socio-economic class, the Democrats have gained a permanent voter base, who is dependent upon them for their survival. How do you think they will vote?
The ten poorest U.S. states are:
Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Kentucky
Alabama
Tennessee
Louisiana
New Mexico
South Carolina
Oklahoma

For whom did 9 of these 10 states vote?

The ten richest U.S. states are:
Maryland
Alaska
New Jersey
Connecticut
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Virginia
Hawaii
Delaware
California

For whom did 9 of these 10 states vote?

And how does this square with your assertion that Obama owes his election to the votes of poor (and thus "dependent") Americans?

C'mon, smart guy. You should have the answer right at your fingertips.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
Hillary is going to run I think she is bluffing.

As for Booker I really think a Clinton/Booker ticket would be awesome! However I think if they go moderate some hardcore liberals might not vote
Clinton/anyone would be a terrible ticket. I am sick of Clintons and Bushes.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areed View Post
I still think H. Clinton will be our next POTUS and run against Chris Christie. I think the swing states will be Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia ,and the usual Florida
the first part could be right, I really, still, don't think she will run, but I might be in the minority; as for Chrisie, again, his family will have to be behind him 100% and I don't get the feeling they are...time will tell: AZ, will not be a swing state. Look at the outcome in this election..Florida, as usual, but will probably go Republican. The rest, yes, they could be swing states, going either way.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default 2016 election predictions

It probably won't be Hillary or Biden for the Dems.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Perhaps the GOP needs to start thinking about 2028..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections